Very slow post times

Greetings,

I have a MSI B450m Gaming Plus motherboard and a Ryzen 2700. I noticed the following very long cold boot post times:

- Black Screen before MSI boot logo: 1 minute and 50 seconds
- Boot Logo before Unraid booting: 1 minute and 5 seconds

- Unraid booting (USB 2.0): 1 minute 44 seconds

bios Version was 7B87v1B (2019-11-11)

Isn't this, especially the post time, way too long? I already tried the following without success:

1. Upgrading bios version to latest which is 7B87v1C4(Beta version) which was successful but after reboot bios was broken. I used flashback to flash version 7B87v1A.
2. Downgrading bios to 7B87v16 before the lite version of click bios with ryzen 3rd generation support.
3. Reset bios to defaults and only activated virtualization for my vms.

Any ideas what i can do to get to normal post times of a few seconds?

Best regards,

Wen

syslog.txt

Edited by Wen
5 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

There is often a quick boot option in the BIOS, did you try it ?

In your boot sequence, is the board looking at every devices to find a boot sector or only at the unraid key ?

Sadly there's no quick/fast boot option in my bios.
Regarding the second question i can only tell that the usb device is first in boot order or do you mean something else?

On some BIOS you can even select the USB key to look for and ignore others and stuff like that.

Does your board have a way to communicate what is its status during the boot sequence ? This could help understanding what part(s) of the boot take the most time.

Some board have a two digit display to help with that.

On 9/2/2020 at 2:51 PM, ChatNoir said:

On some BIOS you can even select the USB key to look for and ignore others and stuff like that.

Does your board have a way to communicate what is its status during the boot sequence ? This could help understanding what part(s) of the boot take the most time.

Some board have a two digit display to help with that.

I can only select the boot order and nothing else. It's a pretty basic bios. The motherboard also doesn't have any status code displays on it.
I think i have to live with the slow boot times. Not a big deal since I dont reboot the system often. Thank you for your help!