Hardware options in Singapore

newunraiduser5

Hi,

I am considering in getting a server and running Unraid on it. Want something which is 4-6 bays and will buy the number of hard drives which will give me 30 TB ish of usable space. Used mostly as a Plex server (minimal transcoding as I typically stream in my home LAN but may need 1 stream max if I am not at home) with likely 1 Windows VM and 1 Linux VM (mostly homelabbing, perhaps light Excel/Powerpoint work if needed but I'll probably have another machine for anything intensive). Budget excluding disks at around US$ 1,000 (or less if I dont need to spend that much for my use case)

I am in Singapore so I wanted to check if anyone knows any custom server builders who are in SG or would be happy to ship to SG at a reasonable price. I have looked online and I just cant seem to find any.

Alternatively, would anyone be able to recommend hardware from HPE, Lenovo, Dell etc? I have looked at there websites but do not really see anything that makes sense in my mind though I may be wrong. But all the large server hardware vendors are in Singapore so should be easy enough to purchase from them provided I know the right server.

A final alternative may be to use actual NAS hardware. I saw on the forums that someone use an Asustor NAS. These are harder to get in Singapore but not impossible. QNAP and Synology are everywhere in Singapore. Does anyone know any prebuild NAS hardware from the vendors noted above which they have had experience with?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/3/2020 at 10:50 PM, newunraiduser5 said:

I am in Singapore so I wanted to check if anyone knows any custom server builders who are in SG or would be happy to ship to SG at a reasonable price. I have looked online and I just cant seem to find any.

A final alternative may be to use actual NAS hardware.

I'm not sure on why you're looking for custom servers or specific NAS hardware.

It seems you're interested in just a very basic set of Unraid capabilities.

No specialized hardware required.