Prevent Mover from moving one certain Folder

Hello Guys,

I have a problem with the mover. The Situation is as follows: I have a programm downloading mutlipart rar archives to a folder named *incomplete", this porgramm then unpacks the rar archives into a folder in the same directory named *extracted* and deletes the rar archives after succesful unpacking. These two Folders are Subfolders of a Folder in a Downloading Share, this Downloading Share has cache set to *yes*. So everything downloads to my cache and unpacks on it. However my problem is, that mover when running (mover is scheduled to run every 6 hours) also puts the contents of the *incomplete* Folder on to the array which makes unpackingtimes of these moved Rar archives really slow. So is there a way to tell the mover to ignore the *incomplete* Folder or any other workaround you can think of? 

And am i right to assume that mover doesn't touch single files being use i.e. a one file download or a multiple rar archive being unpack into a file (The file).

Help would really be appreciated.

Why does your mover run every 6 hours ? Normaly Mover is scheduled for idle times.

Nevertheless I can think of three options.

1. Setting the download share to "Cache only" and move the completed files manually. (Pretty sure you could use a script for moving them after completion, but command line code is not my strength ;) ). Only problem here - If cache is full, downloads will stop with an "out of space" error.

2. Setting the download share to "Cache Prefer". This way the files should stay on the cache as long as there is space. This will not solve the problem completely and you would still need to move the downloaded complete files manually (or via script as above).

3. Create one unraid Share for Incomplete downloads and set it to "cache only". And one unRaid Share for complete downloads and set it to "Cache Yes".

Now you would have to reconfigure the dockers or VM's you are using for download to use the newly created shares respectively.

In this case, rar files would always stay on cache and completed downloads would always be moved into the array,

Edited by Kevek79
typo