Array unstable, unresponsive daily, now Docker won't start

kazanjig

Over the past couple weeks, my array has become unstable where about daily it becomes unresponsive and an error trace is displayed on the monitor. A forced restart is needed but usually twice as the first reboot the server isn't visible on the network for some reason. Today, even though it boots, Docker refuses to start. Diagnostics and pictures of the last couple error traces attached. I also have the syslog saved to flash but it's ~65MB -- can't upload so here's a link. Wondering if it's a hardware or software issue -- I'm lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

ursus-diagnostics-20200906-1741.zip

Edited by kazanjig

Your docker.img is corrupt. You will have to delete and recreate it. Then Previous Apps on the Apps page will reinstall your dockers just as they were.

Since you allocated 64G to docker.img, I wonder if you have had problems filling it up. 20G should be more than enough. I'm running 17 dockers and they take less than half of 20G. Making it larger won't fix anything, it will just make it take longer to fill.

The usual cause of filling docker.img is apps writing to a path that isn't mapped. The most common mistake is specifying a path in an application that doesn't correspond to a container path in the mappings. Linux is case-sensitive, so /download and /Download are different paths, for example.

Thanks for the reply. I had the docker img get corrupted about a month ago and recreated it. I can’t remember exactly but I think the instability started around that time. It seems unusual to have two corruptions so close in time. Wondering if it’s a hardware (memory) issue. If not, I may just start from scratch. I saw a couple posts on what I would need to save to maintain my array. Makes me very anxious to blow it up though.

Edited by kazanjig

Here's what was on the display at the latest crash just before Docker started failing to start. I presume this led to the Docker img getting corrupted. The array (without Docker) has been up for ~36 hours now which is unheard of as of late. Not sure what "unexpected item end" is or if it's related to the img getting full. I'll look into it -- my kids were running a couple Minecraft servers but everything I was running is pretty standard fare.

EDIT:

Well, gee, look at that...

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 68719476736 Sep  6 17:37 docker.img

Is there any way to confirm Minecraft is the culprit?

error3.thumb.jpg.c6869a9a5877fd03627c69bbe441e47e.jpg

Edited by kazanjig

Thanks, all. Turns out my son was saving ridiculous numbers of restore points in Minecraft that was causing the Docker image to fill. Hopefully that was the cause of all the problems, not just the recent one. Will run without MineOS for a while to see if it stays up. Appreciate the direction.

• 1 month later...

Haven’t been running the suspect Docker and still unstable. Here are pics of the error(s) on display when I go to reboot. Send to be a similar corruption. Also I’m still having the problem that I have to reboot twice to get network connectivity.

3808cfb9a59f5e60a8265d79bbb22ee7.jpg
1211063dfa54075ee6984e1d7662f667.jpg
c34f0fd03c74436e81b68a1ad4c01988.jpg
37dca5806cf23c485ee766a0a21a3186.jpg
2d1d80d5b10d80f4ab007aa9889838cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk