2 Problems: HDD not showing up and can not run Deluge VPN

cmrabe

Hello all - 

Hoping to get some help because my weekend project has turned into a 2 week project. I am pretty novice at all of this stuff, but I have researched a ton and learned a lot over the last 2 weeks, and am fairly good at following instructions.

I am going to try to summarize the best I can, but please let me know if you need additional information. 

Machine Specs: 

MB: Asus ROG Maximus VII HERO LGA1151

CPU: 6700k

32gb Ram

NVIDIA Titan

LSI 9201 HBA PCIE Card

Storage

2TB NVME Drive (Cache)

2x16tb HDD (Ironwolf Pros, both brand new)

1x12tb HDD (Shucked from WD elements, had data on it previously)

1x10tb HDD (Shucked from WD elements, had data on it previously)

I successfully installed and booted up Unraid (Unraid OS Pro V6.8.3), without the LSI card, and started the array with the two 16TB Drives, one for parity and one for storage connected via SATA ports on the motherboard, and the 2tb NVME as a cache drive. This all works great.

Problem #1:

I then tried to plug in the LSI card and it would boot straight into the card. I finally figured out in the MB BIOS how to skip past that and boot into Unraid, but the drives connected (the 12TB and 10TB) still did not show up. I then booted back into the card BIOS (after a lot of research) to check to see if the card was in IT mode, and it was. Since I still could not get the drives to show up, I ended up taking the LSI and figured I would just use the drives via SATA for now. I plugged them in via SATA and still no drives show up. I tried swapping out for brand new SATA cables and still nothing. Also tried different power cables. Is there something I am missing? I read threads where they say the drives show up in "unassigned:", but I can not see them anywhere. 

Problem #2

Deluge VPN. I have been try to get this up and running but I have had zero luck and have read every article I can find on it and nothing has helped. Everything that I have done and tried is in my reddit post here. My only thought I have on this right now is maybe the Plex docker that I have running is trying to share the same IP address as Deluge? If so, not sure how to fix or change that.

I am going to attach my Unraid system diagnostics and logs from Deluge to this post. 

If anyone has any troubleshooting or thoughts on how to fix any of this, I would appreciate it. Thank you. 

rabe-diagnostics-20200908-1200.zip deluge logs.rtf

6 minutes ago, Decto said:

Hi,

Some shucked drives don't power up if the 3.3V is present on the supply.

Have a read here.

Other option for testing include using a molex to SATA power adapter as these are only 5V and 12V.

wow. thank you. I had no idea. I have 3 other drives that I shucked and put into a DAS box and never had any issues... but I bet that is it. I will look more into this.

1 hour ago, ChatNoir said:

Some people have good result with various kind of tape.

But it is generally advised to use Kapton tape rather than regular tape as it behaves better at temperature, it is actually an insulator by design and the adhesive on it is adapted so as not to damage anything on removal.

thank you, I will order some kapton tape.