My Parity-Sync/Data-Rebuild keeps pausing itself?!?

Im terribly confused by this.  I go and check on it, its paused, so I RESUME it, and have had to do so maybe 5 times, and get about 1-2% done, then it pauses again.

My 2nd parity disk had been showing UDMA CRC errors every time I rebooted, and then finally yesterday the disk just stopped working properly in the array (It showed up as a selectable disk, but upon boot was no longer assigned).  I figured it was time to retire it.  Previously I switched the POWER and the sata connection just in case, but the CRC errors kept incrementing.

So I used UNBALANCE to migrate data off of a 4TB in my array, ran the process to shrink an array.  Used the New Config tool, assigned the 4TB I had just removed from the array to the Parity 2 position, and then brought the array back online, and its been pausing ever since.

I disabled Docker and VM's, just in case, disabled my Parity Check Tuning, and just am scratching my head was is keeping it from finishing.  

Obviously I will feel a lot safer once my parity is back online!

nas-diagnostics-20200908-1918.zip

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

Sep  8 18:51:55 nas kernel: md: recovery thread: recon P Q ...
Sep  8 19:00:01 nas parity.check.tuning.php: Paused unknown action: recon P Q  (11.4% completed) : Following drives overheated: 43 
Sep  8 19:00:01 nas kernel: mdcmd (59): nocheck PAUSE

Try booting in SAFE mode and start parity sync again.

Cool, I'll give it a try.  Funny that I never thought to do it!  Does the NIC still function in safe mode?  Or do I need to do it all from a local GUI?  I guess I will find out!

Edited by RodgMahal