[SOLVED] New disk - unmountable with FS Auto

MrDatum

I pre-cleared a 12TB disk several months ago but left it as an unassigned device as I didn't really need the space at the time. Yesterday I decided to add it to the array. Instead of just stopping the array and then assigning it, I stupidly first formatted the disk (XFS) and then, of course, when I added it to the array it needed to clear the drive. So away it went. Near the end of the Clear, we had a sustained power outage. When my UPS battery was down to 20% Unraid cancelled the clear process and then shutdown cleanly.  When the power came back on it restarted the clear process.

After completing the Clear process (with no errors) I added the drive to the array. However, the drive is showing as 'Unmountable' with a filesystem of 'Auto'. I'm not really sure how to proceed from here. Any ideas?

Edited by MrDatum
14 minutes ago, MrDatum said:

When my UPS battery was down to 20%

Something else to consider.

Purpose of UPS is to allow clean shutdown, not to allow continued running on batteries. If you let your UPS deplete too far, it may not have enough to get a clean shutdown if you get another power outage before it has had a chance to recharge.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] New disk - unmountable with FS Auto