Cannot access unRAID SMB shares from Windows Server 2019

Azlak

Hello all o/

I created a Windows Server 2019 VM today. I'm having problem accessing my shares in the way I'm used to.
I'm very new to Windows Server and I've no idea where to look.
Normally when I create a Windows 10 Pro VM and I want to access my shares, I go to Network, double click the name on my unRAID, and all shares are listed in there.
When I try to do the same thing from my newly installed Windows Server 2019 VM, I get: Windows cannot access \\<unRAID name> "Error code: 0x80070035"

I have two other Windows 10 Pro VM running from the same machine. One of them, I can access, the other I get the same error message.
I fixed this by created a user in unRAID called "administrator" and used the same password as I use on the VM.

Any idea how I can access my unRAID shares in the way I'm used to, and not having to create a separate account in unRAID?

I'm not sure which information I should provide here, so please let me know if you need anything else in order to help me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Azlak,

Not sure if you already found a solution but I came across this exact issue with my Windows 2019 Server install.

The solution for me was to enable guest access in SMB2 on the Windows server.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/networking/guest-access-in-smb2-is-disabled-by-default

• 4 weeks later...

Hello dlactin.
I'm so sorry for not replying before now! I've been so busy. :(

The answer is no. I've decided to use a normal Windows 10 pro version. I'm not using Windows for much anyway.
I think my license expired by now, so I'm not sure if I even can start the VM up and try it out.

But in the future, if I ever are going to play around with Windows Server again, I will take your advice into account.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 5:00 PM, dlactin said:

Hi Azlak,

Not sure if you already found a solution but I came across this exact issue with my Windows 2019 Server install.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/networking/guest-access-in-smb2-is-disabled-by-default

Thank you for this timely information. Worked on Server 2019 SMBv3...like a dream :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 3 years later...
On 10/2/2020 at 12:00 PM, dlactin said:

Hi Azlak,

This worked for me. Thanks for this!