(Solved) Connecting to containers through WireGuard.

Ericjr

I connect to unraid remotely through WireGuard.  When I have containers routed through delugevpn to private internet access I can access them on the Lan but not remotely when connecting through WireGuard.  It’s only containers that are going through deluge.  Any idea on what I need to change to be able to connect to those containers when outside the Lan?

Edited by Ericjr

Squid,

Thank you for the reply. I created a static route in my netgear router but I still am unable to connect to those containers. 

Screenshot attached of my router configuration.

The Unraid machine's ip on the lan is the 10.0.1.20 I think I have everything else right though. I tried checking and unchecking the private box.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 1.13.13 PM.png

Edited by Ericjr

From the posts I saw from others in squids suggestion that was the subnet being used by the people that had it working.  I would love to switch to ubiquity but I just dropped my fun money on this build and a pile of hard drives so it’s what I have to work with right now. If you have any ideas please let me know.  

I can route across networks just fine.  It’s only the containers I run through deluge that I can’t access outside the Lan.  

Edited by Ericjr
  • 1 year later...
On 9/14/2020 at 3:57 AM, Ericjr said:

I finally figured it out. It wasnt an issue with my router or docker networking. My issue was with deluge. I added the wireguard lan (10.253.0.0/24) under 

Container Variable: LAN_NETWORK and it all works now.

THANK YOU KIND HUMAN! Created an account just to post this. I’ve been having this problem for a while now, and actually solved it temporarily by adding a raspberry pi with a vpn server (pivpn) to my network just so I could access the dockers behind vpn, as a could not for the life of me figure out why I couldn’t get this to work through my Unraid VPN server… This solved it all for me, thank you sir! 

Edited by Henke
Bad language, unclear content.
  • 8 months later...
On 9/14/2020 at 11:57 AM, Ericjr said:

I finally figured it out. It wasnt an issue with my router or docker networking. My issue was with deluge. I added the wireguard lan (10.253.0.0/24) under 

Container Variable: LAN_NETWORK and it all works now.

Just to add my 2 cents, after messing around with setting different DNS and static routes on my router and whatever misdirects google threw at me, I came across this thread.

I added a second variable of LAN_NETWORK  with the value of 10.253.0.0/24 and I was able to access containers over the VPN but I couldn't access them from the LAN anymore.

I'm sure it was clear to others but anyone else who comes across this, I had to append it to my existing LAN_NETWORK variable separated by a comma...

So, it went- LAN_NETWORK = 192.168.1.0/24,10.253.0.0/24

• 1 year later...

Wow, also was lucky enough to stumble upon this thread after messing around with trying to get access to dockers being tunneled through a vpn container and following the quickstart topic to a T.  Adjusting the LAN_NETWORK variable per the above post did the trick.  Just to add a tiny bit more info:  If you're using an Edgemax router (or have a "distance" variable on your router for static routes) having a distance of "1" set per the wireguard quickstart topic seems to only allow me to access the VPN container (in my case, qBittorrent).  If you change the distance to 2 you can access containers that are being tunneled through that container.