[SOLVED] rojarolla - No internet access

Hi guys! Can you take a look at my diagnostics file here? I am not able to reach the internet, specifically CA. I uninstalled it and if I try to install it again I get this error:

"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg download failure (Network failure)"

Any ideas? i was running fine some weeks ago. 

Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20200908-2325.zip

On 9/10/2020 at 12:10 PM, trurl said:

I have split the posts you made about this same problem in other threads all into this thread. Please don't post about the same problem in multiple places. It makes it impossible to coordinate responses.

Crossposting has been considered a bad thing on message boards since before the World Wide Web.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for double posting, you've replied very fast, however in other forums, the answers don't come that fast. It won't happen again.

So I renamed as you said, and lost all my network configs, the result is the same. If I try to install CA I get this error:

Any other idea? All my network is working fine.

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 2.58.18 PM.png

Yes, I use them both, I want to use this as a surveillance server mainly, and in the other nic I receive the data streams from the IP cameras. Both were working fine at the ending of last week.

It's not the first time i get such kind of issues with unraid, when I started using it, I stopped seeing my Unassigned drives. I was more inexperienced back then than today, so I reinstalled it, and corrected the issue, but now, I have done more configs and added more apps and VMs to the system and now I wouldn't like to loose all that time by reinstalling.

Any other idea?

22 hours ago, trurl said:

Something not working about your network obviously. Have you tried rebooting server, router, switches?

I doubt there is something wrong with the hardware, I can access Unraid's GUI and my shares. All my network works fine. Moreover, I have a Win10 VM running on unraid, how can it reach the internet and Unraid not? Take a look to my screenshot:

It's got to be something else. 

I will set up another USB stick with a clean installation of unraid. and test it.

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 3.49.01 PM.png

Edited by rojarrolla
On 9/12/2020 at 5:49 PM, trurl said:

Something not working about your network obviously. Have you tried rebooting server, router, switches?

After struggling with the network, I found out that you were 100% right! IT WAS MY ROUTER. I just don't know why it was blocking unraid. Just for the record is a TP-Link R470, why was it blocking unraid? I have no idea.

I changed it for my good old Linksys router flashed with DD-WRT  (I hadn't used it in more than 5 years!) and I replaced it, and configured it and now unraid can reach the internet.

I'm not erasing my last post, so people can see that even if the VMs are working in their unraid machines and reaching the internet, They should still look in their networks rather than in unraids configuration or hardware.

Thanks a lot your time and for bearing me all these hours!

Cheers.

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 18th 2020. 

I figured out why my router was blocking my server. It turned out that there was an "ip address - mac address" bounding rule in my router and since the mac address from my server changed (changed the server's motherboard) then the router started blocking all packets to/from the internet. 

Edited by rojarrolla
  • Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] rojarolla - No internet access