Cache Pool has gone missing.

RifleJock

I re-downloaded a new instance of Version: 6.9.0-beta25 to my flashdrive after a clean wipe/reformat/reinstall. (also went through the website to re-register the flashdrive with the new install). I did some configuring and re-configuring, a few crashing and rebooting. At some point, not sure when. I think either I renamed my cache pool to nvme pool or it just strait up went missing. All my data and disks still exist fine. But I noticed after getting CA Fix Common Problems that the top alert stated that I wasn't using VMs share/dir on my cache drive.

Looking into it further, I decided to do a new config (not sure if it's this version, but I'm unable to tell it to keep parity, though a few crashes might have made it to where it wants to reconstruct, thinking it's invalid... perhaps that's why it doesn't show.) None the less, my cache pool still appears to be missing. Upon trying to create one, the default name is cache, and won't allow me to create it keeping that name. (for somewhat obvious reasons). But why does it not show in the first place? Is there a setting I accidentally disabled?

I ended up "upgrading" to the same version + nvidia drivers. Still on a new config, here is the diagnostics. (also side note, for some reason, config won't keep my eth assignments straight... keeps putting 10gbe (PCI device 0x1d6a:0xd107 (atlantic)) at the top... whatever...)

image.png.ce93cf5df3b0d50a764641bf6468801b.png
image.thumb.png.aee6bb7d364071c46632b42405fdce95.png

image.thumb.png.8119dd9857c775c711b1bb7f1eab9ff1.png

image.png

dash-diagnostics-20200910-1851.zip

Since the array is not started can't really see which user shares actually exist, but you have a .cfg file in config/shares anonymized as c---e.cfg

That suggests you have created (perhaps accidentally) a user share named "cache", and the screenshot seems to be complaining about creating a pool named the same as a user share.