Enterprise Production environment

Joedy

Hi all

So a little background

We have had several NAS & SAN boxes over the years and they all seem to do different things but were not as expandable as i would of hoped so I have built my own to get past this and also am looking to use UNRAID in our production environment in several different ways but mainly files and backups to start with.

1. File Server

2. Data backup

3. Off Site Backup

currently run a full Microsoft suite of servers

2 x Domain controllers

1 x file Server

1 x Print server

1 x Exchange Server

40 x High availability Virtual servers across 2 Hyper V fail-over clustered servers.

I have 2 x 10 GB fiber network connections from the NAS to my Server Cisco switch Stack.

Couple questions thanks.

1. Am I able to decide which share is available over which network on the NAS or can this only be done through dockers and VM's and Vlans?

2. Has anyone used UNRAID in an enterprise environment before as i would be interested in discussing your setup and what you would change if you did it again.

3. I am using the 6.9 25 beta and ISCSI setup from ich777, this is the best option for a connection to the file server and then distribute shares to users or is there better options?

any help would be appreciated thanks.