Help Transferring Key to New Server

Grannenb

Hello all.  I need some assistance transferring a key to a new server from my old one.  I built a new server to replace my aging old server.  New server is set up using a trial key.  I went to my old server, which was turned off, to start it up to start the process of transferring the Registration Key but the thumb drive died and it would not boot.  I also do not have a copy of the USB drive with the active registration key.  I made a new thumb drive with a trial key to get the old server started but confused on how to now get the registration key off the old server and onto the new server.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Grannenb said:

thumb drive died and it would not boot.  I also do not have a copy of the USB drive

The boot USB is the only place that has the key file in normal use. If you can't find a backup of that key file somewhere you will need to email support and tell them the situation and the email address that you used when you purchased your key and they can look it up.

Have you tried reading the drive in another computer to see if you can get any files off of it?

To follow up, I found my original email with the purchase of the key and the link to download the key.  I tried the link but it failed.  It did ask me if I wanted a new one sent and it would blacklist the old USB drive.  I did that and was able to install my license with the new link. 

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1