Solution to Failed to Allocate memory for kernel command line, bailing out on Dell Servers

n1L

CRAZY: I had a miraculous break through as well. I kept trying to use UEFI, but when I made the unRAID 6.9-rc2 image with the Unraid Flash Drive Tool and as BIOS and CHANGED my R710 to BIOS instead of UEFI it booted this time! I know I've read somewhere where using BIOS instead of UEFI for R/710 is a bad idea (whether for drives space, which apparently is false for an HBA controller; or for some other reason, I do not recall).

• Like 1

I'm trying to run the "sudo bash make_bootable_linux" command on my linux system, after installing it on step 2, and its saying "no such file or directory". Here is the command i'm running for the USB drive "sudo bash make_bootable_linux /media/user/UNRAID" 

Any suggestions on what i should try? Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I got mine working using a different set of steps will post again later once I redo this so I can verify my steps. 

Here are all the steps i did to get unraid working on my dell r410. 

The dell server i fully updated using a windows 10 temp environment since you cant pull from the repository any more 

All work done on windows 10 computer
Rufus version 3.13
unraid version 6.9.2

Downloaded unraid from website turned into iso
used rufus to to make bootable drive first using syslinux 6.04
grabbed ldinux.c32 file and copied to the side
used rufus to install unraid 
Made the drive name all caps UNRAID
copied syslinux 6.04 to the new unraid drive
ran the make_bootable.bat 
on dell bios changed usb to boot as harddrive 

Boots with out any issues

If you get the error FATAL BONDING ERROR check and see if the drive is mounted, In my case the first usb unraid didnt like replaced it with another and now no issue. 

Edited by rod1520052006