Cache disk replacement - broke network

brucejobs

Hi,

Unraid (Nvidia) Version: 6.8.3
Docker version: 19.03.5

Nvidia driver version: 440.59

Few weeks back i replaced the cache drive following spaceinvader1 guide. needless to say I mucked it up.

I run binhex dockers where possible.

Symptoms include:

log filled to 100 percent, could not shut down equaling an unclean shutdown.

sonarr, radarr. lidarr do not communicate with deluge, error: "Unknown exception: Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket has been shut down."

sonarr, radarr. lidarr do not communicate with Jackett, error: "Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details" (i check log and well, 'duuuuh' <-- Me).

deluge lost all current downloads.

monitorr webUI broken - no biggie.

letsencypt webUI broken and has stopped working because my ombi and plex websites no longer work.

What works is plex and pihole. Lnest-diagnostics-20200912-0626.zipeast I have that going for me.

I have tried removing and adding back dockers but still 'le fail.

I imagine that I have broken permissions to something or failed to copy across data. I gave the old drive to a friend who hasn't used it , i think the data is still intact. Will get it back soon. Should I put it back to see if things start working again or can I fix forward? I would still need to replace it.

Diagnostics attached. https://forums.unraid.net/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=90184

Cheers legends.

Edited by brucejobs

The way your docker related shares are currently setup is not the default. appdata and system shares would normally be cache-prefer so dockers wouldn't have performance impacted by slower parity and so docker wouldn't keep array disks spinning. You have appdata cache-only but some files are on the array, and system, where docker.img lives, is cache-no with all files on the array.

Is this the way you had these shares setup before you replaced cache?

Hi turl, thanks for response.

The community application "Fix common problems" warned of something like this for sometime but I was not sure how to fix it. I cannot say for sure but if i were a betting man, i would hedge my bets on it was like this before hand.

Fix forward mentality, how do i fix this now? I have a 240GB cache. Would like to run most things off this. I have plans to add a secondary mirror into my cache, just need more Sata Ports. I did try adding a PCIe card but instead of seeing 240GB it saw 4x 60GB drives - the 4 separate sandforce controllers, not the hypervisior because no drivers and not being smart enough i didnt bother looking for a work around. Card is an OCZ Revo 2. Anyway, forgetting that. Do you have any recommendations for correcting my config for my cache drive?

alright managed to sneak away for 10 minutes and work on this.

New diagnostics attached nest-diagnostics-20200913-1921.zip

Hmm, not seen this one before. Went to start my docker and I see a warning.
"Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of Unraid 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time. Please do this NOW!"
I don't think I used a beta before.

Edited by brucejobs
Warning encountered after I posted
7 hours ago, brucejobs said:

alright managed to sneak away for 10 minutes and work on this.

New diagnostics attached nest-diagnostics-20200913-1921.zip

Hmm, not seen this one before. Went to start my docker and I see a warning.
"Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of Unraid 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time. Please do this NOW!"
I don't think I used a beta before.

Looks good, appdata, domains, system all on cache.

Probably a good idea to delete and recreate docker.img anyway. You might even consider reducing it to 20G. That is what I usually recommend and it is usually more than enough if no application is misconfigured so it is writing into the image instead of to mapped storage. I have 17 dockers running and they are using less than half of 20G.

After you recreate docker.img, the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page will reinstall your dockers exactly as they were. If you were using any custom docker network (such as with letsencrypt) you should recreate that after recreating docker.img and before reinstalling the containers.

Hi,

Have recreated the Docker image. The only difference is now Pi-Hole is broken for some reason. I didn't copy the install error but it basically said the image already existed, could not copy, could not start, try installing separately. But its there?

Anyway I am still seeing these errors

Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details

Unknown exception: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The socket has been shut down.

Website is still down.

Latest diagnostic nest-diagnostics-20200914-1608.zip

Now that we have sorted the appdata, domains and system shares... What should I do next?

5 hours ago, brucejobs said:

Have recreated the Docker image. The only difference is now Pi-Hole is broken for some reason. I didn't copy the install error but it basically said the image already existed

After recreating docker.img, no container images will exist. It would be better to see the exact error you got rather than your interpretation of it.

Going back to your original post

On 9/11/2020 at 7:02 PM, brucejobs said:

Few weeks back i replaced the cache drive following spaceinvader1 guide. needless to say I mucked it up.

This is obviously lacking in details. My guess is you did something wrong reinstalling your dockers at that point, and reinstalling them with the Previous Apps feature just did it over again like you had previously, so also wrong,

Probably best to start over and try to get a single docker setup correctly and go from there.

Is plex working?

22 hours ago, trurl said:

This is obviously lacking in details. My guess is you did something wrong reinstalling your dockers at that point, and reinstalling them with the Previous Apps feature just did it over again like you had previously, so also wrong,

Probably best to start over and try to get a single docker setup correctly and go from there.

Correct and it looks that way.

22 hours ago, trurl said:

Is plex working?

Yes.

Thanks all the same, appreciate someone else telling me the bad news. I will try to get my old cache drive, pop it in and see what mess I have.

Edited by brucejobs
mis-quote
1 hour ago, brucejobs said:

I will try to get my old cache drive, pop it in and see what mess I have.

This is unlikely to help, and possibly make things worse. Just "pop it in" sounds like another of those ideas lacking in details.

You could mount it as an Unassigned Device and possibly get appdata from it, but the docker templates are on flash, and if you mucked those up you would have to go to flash backup to get them.