[SOLVED] Unraid WebGUI Not Loading

Latest version of Unraid.

Server has worked fine for years.

Tried to access server and it was locked (non response via console).

Hard Reboot.

Now have console access, but unable to load WebGUI.

Can ping server, but no shares are visible from Windows File Manager

I shutdown from console, syslog attached.  

I see sever errors about unable to communicate with github, openvpn server not started (installed but not yet configured), but don't see anything else.

I also have a problem with GS-Server and the 4 bytes leftover issue, I have been working with the developer to get the new version which solves that issue, but this problem came up, so I'm stuck at the moment.

In the \logs directory, I see the hunternas-diagnostics-20200911-1752.zip and syslog.zip files, but they are 0 bytes.

I didn't see any errors with WebGUI loading.

Confused.  What could be the issue?  Syslog attached.  Your wisdom is appreciated...

Jeff...

syslog-20200911-175203.txt

Edited by jeffreywhunter

From the console, enter in

diagnostics

Then post the resulting file (from the logs folder on the flash drive).

It certainly "looks" like everything is loading, but one curious error which may  be indicative of a network issue

Sep 11 12:48:22 HunterNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Unable to communicate with GitHub.com

Ok, so had the machine turned off since Friday waiting for response to my query.  Turned it on and when it came up it said TOWER vs the name I've given it - HunterNAS.  No drives available and nothing but basic OS.

Rebooted again and watched it boot.  LOTS of errors.  I tried to capture the info as it booted (see attached screenshots).

In the second screenshot, there's an error which said "unable to enumerate USB device", then it booted to Tower and not my server name "HunterNAS".  For some reason, unRaid isn't finding the USB or any of the drives on the controller.

Could not access the flash at /BOOT.  CD /BOOT displays only a /CONFIG directory (The OS must be residing in memory?).  Ran diagnostics and it ran said it created the file on /boot/logs, but the file isn't there since it could not enumerate the USB device.

The motherboard sees the hard drives, perhaps there's a problem with the USB stick?  I've put the stick in my Win10 computer, and can see the files with no issues.

I have a backup of the flash, should I reinstall unRaid?

Edited by jeffreywhunter

You could just put the drive in another computer and look in the log directory if the server is still turned off.

Or if the server is running, copy if from the drive ( boot/logs) to a share or a disk using Midnight Commander or Kruzader ; then get it from your share on another computer.

Edited by ChatNoir
punctuation :-/

Thanks ChatNoir, but the problem I have is that none of the disks or devices on the system appear to be available.  There's nothing in /MNT and then there's the errors I saw regarding enumerating the boot USB.  When the computer boots, it sees all the devices (i.e. I see the BIOS messages that the drives load, and I can see them in the BIOS if I boot to BIOS, BUT...when unRaid boots, it can't find the USB drive (BOOT) and thus nothing loads.  I have no idea where the unRaid OS is actually loading from.  Quite puzzling...

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Unraid WebGUI Not Loading