Questions Before I start my tinkering

jdiggity81

So I have an R510 that is currently my base system with 8 drives.  It have an internal hba.  I have just bought a R710 which allows for more expansion cards.  I have bought an external hba. and all necessary components to turn the R510 into a disk shelf basically.  

Before I start messing in things though, I had a though and I want to know how to proceed without loosing data.  Figured I would ask the pro's in this forum first for some advice.  I am to moving any of the drives from where they are at currently.  They would though however move from the internal hba to the external hba.  I want to make sure i do this all correct as to not screw anything up.  Any pointers guys?

I have two LSI HBA, one internal, one external. Makes no difference if drives are moved between these or even to Sata as they are both flashed to IT.

Take a screenshot of your array before you start, ideally with the array stopped then if there is any translation issue, you have the id's and slots for all drives.