Moving my onboard NVME to PCIe card, affect mounting?

jang430

Hi.  I'm planning to move my NVME connected to m.2 slot of M/B off to PCIe card.  M.2 slot in motherboard is PCIe 2.0, slower.  Will it affect my mounting?  This NVME is currently functioning as cache.  I also have my Gaming VM installed on this cache.  

If I move it to PCIe card with m.2 slot, upon bootup, will Unraid still recognize it as cache?  Same mounting points?  What about the Gaming VM?  

In another topic, I have this issue of a lot of writes on my cache drive.  I'm currently thinking if to go with spinners on my cache drive in the meantime, while a lot of writing to my cache drive issue still hasn't been resolved, and dedicate the SSD to Gaming VM as unassigned disks only.  Currently, my VM's mounting looks like this- /mnt/user/domains/Windows 10 Games/vdisk1.img  Can I just modifiy the path, and my VM will still work?

3 hours ago, jang430 said:

Will it affect my mounting? 

No.

If I move it to PCIe card with m.2 slot, upon bootup, will Unraid still recognize it as cache?  Same mounting points?  What about the Gaming VM?  

Yes, as long as it's detected, but disable array auto start to make sure all is well before starting the array.

Currently, my VM's mounting looks like this- /mnt/user/domains/Windows 10 Games/vdisk1.img  Can I just modifiy the path, and my VM will still work?

It should.