[SOLVED] - Having problems installing Dockers Containers... seems to freeze on install...

On 9/12/2020 at 12:47 PM, trurl said:

Go to Settings - Docker, disable dockers.

Go to Settings - VM Manager, disable VMs.

Go to User Shares, set appdata, domains, system shares to cache-prefer.

Go to Main - Array Operation and click Move

Wait for it to complete then post new diagnostics.

Sorry to hijack thread... but is this correct?

Clipboard-1.jpg

Edited by questionbot
21 hours ago, questionbot said:

Sorry to hijack thread... but is this correct?

Those settings are good. By themselves those settings won't do anything with existing files though, and even mover might not move everything. It won't move open files, which is the reason for disabling dockers and VMs. And it won't move duplicates, those have to be cleaned up manually.

I will probably have split your post and my response into their own your other thread if you want to continue the discussion so this that other thread can concentrate on the OP.

• Like 1

So I installed 1 docker and evrything was fine... but then tried to install 2 others and they do not seem to work at all..

I'm using the community app store plugin thing to install the dockers...

binhex-qbittorrwntvpn and dyonr/qbittorrentvpn both seemed to work fine but then the thing seems to hang....Clipboard-1.thumb.jpg.82e4be207c294a29c0167606e18ff6e5.jpg

it just seems to stop.. this is dyonr/qbittorrentvpn ....

How long do these things usually take.. I mean... an hour would be long enough right? The "moving dot" on the server tab in my browser stops moving...

Where are the docker downloads stored.... I think I need to restart the server and remove any incomplete downloads and start again... if I try installing again it seems to resume from where it was and dose not seem to go any further...

This is Binhex's one... stalled....

Clipboard-1.thumb.jpg.8b082e45ba3b0734a8e2f9f7c349694f.jpg

Edited by questionbot
2 hours ago, trurl said:

Do you actually have any VMs?

No

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Do you know how to use the builtin Midnight Commander file explorer (mc from the command line)?

Yes (if you mean the Norton Commander text file manager thing you load with "mc" in the terminal on linux)

Edited by questionbot

Compare the files at /mnt/cache/system and /mnt/disk1/system. It should be using those on cache.

In any case that isn't likely the reason for your problems, just something to make the general docker setup work better. If docker is using files on the array, those disks will keep spinning, and dockers will have performance impacted by slower array.

Not sure about the downloads stalling. Maybe try deleting and recreating docker.img:

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Compare the files at /mnt/cache/system and /mnt/disk1/system. It should be using those on cache.

There are only files in Disk1... when I first started the array, I didn't have the cache enabled... is there a way to move all these files across? I also have  a empty iso directory on the disk 1 as well.

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.1925ccb724ed7bcf857096bd4aa66bc0.jpg

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Not sure about the downloads stalling. Maybe try deleting and recreating docker.img

ok... there is 3 more hours on my first data dump to the server.. I'll try that when it is over... and I can reboot the system freely, restart the array.. stuff like that.

Edited by questionbot
1 hour ago, questionbot said:

There are only files in Disk1... when I first started the array, I didn't have the cache enabled... is there a way to move all these files across? I also have  a empty iso directory on the disk 1 as well.

isos on the array is OK since these will only be used during VM installation.

Go to Settings - Docker and disable Dockers.

Go to Settings - VM Manager and disable VMs.

Go to Main - Array Operation and click Move. Wait for it to complete

Then check again, system should be all on cache.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Go to Settings - Docker and disable Dockers.

Go to Settings - VM Manager and disable VMs.

Go to Main - Array Operation and click Move. Wait for it to complete

Ok... so i did a few things after data.dump_1 finished ...

• Disabled Docker
  • Disabled Vitalisation
    • Saw an error message on that screen saying vitalisation was not enabled
  • ran Mover
  • Checked with MC that all the img dirs were moved. They are now ONLY on the cache and nothing on the Disk1
  • I rebooted and enabled VT-D and Vitalisation in the Options
  • Enabled Docker
  • Enabled Vitalisation
    • There was no longer the "not enabled in bios" error showing.

I then went to install the docker image I was trying to get working again, but it had no "install" option... instead a magnifying glass were the install icon usually is.. It loaded up the config page (the one that opens when you try to install it). So I now went to the docker tab and the two things I tried to install are visible, I can edit the config file, but I do not seem to be able to enable them.. I think as they failed in the download / setups from last time.

I then clicked on the 5 dockers I had tried and failed to install, selected remove and left the tick box enabled to remove all and removed them...

Now the test!!

Ok.. it installed and seems to be working fine... awesome sauce! Thanks a lot man.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2020 at 5:39 AM, questionbot said:

Ok.. it installed and seems to be working fine... awesome sauce! Thanks a lot man.

I'm having the same issue. Can you confirm by re-creating the docker.img that it fixed the issue with containers stalling on installation?

I have about 15 containers that are running and i don't want to remove the docker.img if i can't install them back easily. 

1 hour ago, trurl said:

It is very easy to reinstall your dockers as explained in the Docker FAQ linked several posts above.

I've started the reinstall. Will see if this fixed the issue. 

FYI: log files prior to docker.img reinstalled added below. 

Edit: Reinstall of docker containers has been frozen on first container for about 10 minutes, will give it a bit longer.

Edit2: Reinstall of containers failed for same reason. Now have no containers and can't reinstall any. Docker logs are showing lot's of i/o timeout issues

zeus-diagnostics-20201027-1547.zip

Edited by xxbigfootxx