Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

Hello and thanks for the work on this.

I'm new to unRaid and I've been learning quite a lot recently. I'm interested in running this solution and found on one of your posts that the "Grafana-Unraid-Stack" would run with your UUD and it does run nicely, but I'd like to update it to your latest 1.6 version, instead of the deprecated 1.3 that comes with the "Grafana-Unraid-Stack" container.

I've been trying to find the information on how to proceed with that update to that container, but couldn't find it anywhere.

Would it be possible to point a Noob in the needed direction to update the Grafana-Unraid-Stack for the UUD 1.6 and future versions?

Thank you very much.

On 6/1/2021 at 12:55 AM, Digaumspider said:

Hello and thanks for the work on this.

I'm new to unRaid and I've been learning quite a lot recently. I'm interested in running this solution and found on one of your posts that the "Grafana-Unraid-Stack" would run with your UUD and it does run nicely, but I'd like to update it to your latest 1.6 version, instead of the deprecated 1.3 that comes with the "Grafana-Unraid-Stack" container.

I've been trying to find the information on how to proceed with that update to that container, but couldn't find it anywhere.

Would it be possible to point a Noob in the needed direction to update the Grafana-Unraid-Stack for the UUD 1.6 and future versions?

Thank you very much.

Yes, of course. Just download the UUD 1.6 JSON file from post #1, and then import it to Grafana manually. The new dashboard will appear and you can modify as needed. This has been detailed in this forum topic a few times. Please keep in mind that you will have many new dependencies and plugins that will be required when migrating from 1.3 to 1.6. Good luck!

15 hours ago, falconexe said:

Yes, of course. Just download the UUD 1.6 JSON file from post #1, and then import it to Grafana manually. The new dashboard will appear and you can modify as needed. This has been detailed in this forum topic a few times. Please keep in mind that you will have many new dependencies and plugins that will be required when migrating from 1.3 to 1.6. Good luck!

Thank you! That worked! I'll just do a digging now trying to figure out which new dependencies and plugins I'll have to download and install, since I'm really starting from scratch and I'm learning from the very beginning.

Thanks again for your work on this.

This dash is really great!  I have spent most of the night trying to get it working smoothly and I am left with a few hiccups that a lot of others are having as well.  This pertains to these pesky images for VM and docker containers!!!

The workarounds that have been mentioned are not working for me.

I go into the editor for `Dockers (Running)` for example:

1.png.f6c0071080be3f60dc4db90e67005f84.png

I then right-click and select open in new tab for Chrome:

2.png.ad767b354b14c545540260d6c07d896c.png

And it doesnt go to any login page, it shows the icon!3.thumb.png.6b7a4c3381007ab239198d73aef50db2.png

So if this is the case, why wont it show in the panel?  Any help would be definitely appreciated.  I am having the same issue with VMs.

On 6/12/2021 at 7:46 AM, danktankk said:

This dash is really great!  I have spent most of the night trying to get it working smoothly and I am left with a few hiccups that a lot of others are having as well.  This pertains to these pesky images for VM and docker containers!!!

The workarounds that have been mentioned are not working for me.

I go into the editor for `Dockers (Running)` for example:

1.png.f6c0071080be3f60dc4db90e67005f84.png

I then right-click and select open in new tab for Chrome:

2.png.ad767b354b14c545540260d6c07d896c.png

And it doesnt go to any login page, it shows the icon!3.thumb.png.6b7a4c3381007ab239198d73aef50db2.png

So if this is the case, why wont it show in the panel?  Any help would be definitely appreciated.  I am having the same issue with VMs.

Same issue here.

5 hours ago, Mr_Jay84 said:

I also have the issue of none of the HD's showing under Parity, Array, Cache, SSD, Unassigned Drives. The do show under the Disk Overview windows though.

I had this issue too. It was my fault I misconfigured my telegraf.conf. Under the [[inputs.diskio]] section make sure this following line is there and/or uncommented.

device_tags = ["ID_SERIAL"]

I mistakenly commented it out in my conf file and it was a real PITA to figure it out.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
On 6/13/2021 at 10:10 PM, skaterpunk0187 said:

I had this issue too. It was my fault I misconfigured my telegraf.conf. Under the [[inputs.diskio]] section make sure this following line is there and/or uncommented.

device_tags = ["ID_SERIAL"]

I mistakenly commented it out in my conf file and it was a real PITA to figure it out.

Hope that helps.

That solved it! Thank you kindly!

4 hours ago, magicman32 said:

I have just noticed my docker panels not displaying giving me this error........

Panel plugin not found: dalvany-image-panel

Im not sure where to look to fix this, any suggestions would be greatful

granfana-dockers.png

Open the console for the Grafana Docker and run the command

grafana-cli plugins install dalvany-image-panel

You might have to restart the docker after running the command

Awesome dashboard.  THANK YOU! 

I have everything customized to my server, however struggling with the Plex libraries via Varken.  I'm pulling other data from Varken DB, but these I cannot find the correct query for the life of me.

image.thumb.png.6acc48f007691733a31f3c7c4d7dd7fe.png

I have other Varken data populating completely fine...

image.thumb.png.e602e9fa5db1ad43935174cfc8984661.png

Example:  my Movies database is called Movies... Not sure why this isn't picking up?  :/

image.png.a71cd5a8b5d7237f4956abc0ae739ac3.png

Suggestions on troubleshooting?

19 hours ago, noties said:

Awesome dashboard.  THANK YOU! 

I have everything customized to my server, however struggling with the Plex libraries via Varken.  I'm pulling other data from Varken DB, but these I cannot find the correct query for the life of me.

image.thumb.png.6acc48f007691733a31f3c7c4d7dd7fe.png

I have other Varken data populating completely fine...

image.thumb.png.e602e9fa5db1ad43935174cfc8984661.png

Example:  my Movies database is called Movies... Not sure why this isn't picking up?  :/

image.png.a71cd5a8b5d7237f4956abc0ae739ac3.png

Suggestions on troubleshooting?

Movies at the end of the FROM line, is a library in Plex.  If you left click on it, you should get a list of libraries it found in Plex / Tautulli that you can select from.

Your "movies" library in Plex must have a different name.  Verify in Tautulli what it is seeing in Plex, under Libraries

You will need to reselect the Documentary Movies and Anime Movies panels the same way.

Actually, each panel in your top picture will need the same thing done.  

You will probably want to change the panel title also in each one to reflect what it actually is.

Screenshot 2021-06-23 163333.jpg

2 hours ago, hogfixer said:

Movies at the end of the FROM line, is a library in Plex.  If you left click on it, you should get a list of libraries it found in Plex / Tautulli that you can select from.

Your "movies" library in Plex must have a different name.  Verify in Tautulli what it is seeing in Plex, under Libraries

You will need to reselect the Documentary Movies and Anime Movies panels the same way.

Actually, each panel in your top picture will need the same thing done.  

You will probably want to change the panel title also in each one to reflect what it actually is.

Yeah, I've done that with other tiles in the dashboard, but this one is not giving me any choices so I'm wondering if I have something misconfigured on the Varken, Grafana, or Tautulli side of things.

image.png.e31f2eca4657b7b220cd1269ba56c0e7.png

In fact, I don't see library_stats as an available choice.  I'm wondering if that's the cause, though I'm not sure where I need to enable that or if it's possible.  I don't see anything to enable in Tautulli and I can see all of my libraries there.

image.png.51d18ab0d64a9040a8c06507b69ef302.png

image.png.27d073b7543350c4793f6dccbe1f362a.png

Relevant varken.ini for tautulli

[tautulli-1]
url = 10.3.3.110:8181
fallback_ip = x.x.x.x
apikey = xxxxxxxxxx
ssl = false
verify_ssl = false
get_activity = true
get_activity_run_seconds = 30
get_stats = true
get_stats_run_seconds = 3600

31 minutes ago, noties said:

Yeah, I've done that with other tiles in the dashboard, but this one is not giving me any choices so I'm wondering if I have something misconfigured on the Varken, Grafana, or Tautulli side of things.

image.png.e31f2eca4657b7b220cd1269ba56c0e7.png

In fact, I don't see library_stats as an available choice.  I'm wondering if that's the cause, though I'm not sure where I need to enable that or if it's possible.  I don't see anything to enable in Tautulli and I can see all of my libraries there.

image.png.51d18ab0d64a9040a8c06507b69ef302.png

image.png.27d073b7543350c4793f6dccbe1f362a.png

Relevant varken.ini for tautulli

[tautulli-1]
url = 10.3.3.110:8181
fallback_ip = x.x.x.x
apikey = xxxxxxxxxx
ssl = false
verify_ssl = false
get_activity = true
get_activity_run_seconds = 30
get_stats = true
get_stats_run_seconds = 3600

Is your API key masked on purpose for privacy or is it actually missing?

5 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Is your API key masked on purpose for privacy or is it actually missing?

Masked for privacy.   It does seem to be working for other tiles in the dashboard like Stream Overview, Stream Bandwidth, Media Types, Media Qualities, etc.  The library tiles are the only thing having an issue.  :/

I do see library_stats data getting written to Influx in my Varken logs:

image.thumb.png.2c68fda8e05bdb6640b02c02269733d6.png

Edited by noties
additional data
5 minutes ago, noties said:

Masked for privacy.   It does seem to be working for other tiles in the dashboard like Stream Overview, Stream Bandwidth, Media Types, Media Qualities, etc.  The library tiles are the only thing having an issue.  :/

I do see library_stats data getting written to Influx in my Varken logs:

image.thumb.png.2c68fda8e05bdb6640b02c02269733d6.png

Yeah I figured, just wanted to be sure. Try removing each element in the query until you are at the base, then try to build it again from that. Sometimes Grafana gets messed up in the JSON and does not display elements as it should. Sometimes the select statement can act as a filter for the items in the from statement (possibly a Grafana bug). You can also just try making a new panel from scratch and see if these elements show up.

1 minute ago, falconexe said:

Yeah I figured, just wanted to be sure. Try removing each element in the query until you are at the base, then try to build it again from that. Sometimes Grafana gets messed up in the JSON and does not display elements as it should. Sometimes the select statement can act as a filter for the items in the from statement (possibly a Grafana bug). You can also just try making a new panel from scratch and see if these elements show up.

Good idea.  I've been spending time reading about and learning Grafana before asking for help.  Just couldn't figure this one out easily.  I'm going try doing a clean panel and seeing if that will work.  I'll report back.

37 minutes ago, stFfn said:

does anyone have a good tutorial on how to impliment data from the fritzbox router into this dashboard?

or is it not even possible?

I’m the developer. As long as you can get the data into an InfluxDB (or alternate) data source, Grafana will it will handle it dynamically, and therefore you could add it into your UUD dash. You need some middleware or an API (like how we use Telegraph and Varkin now) to send the data from your app into a valid datasource. It could even be a SQL database. It just needs to be one of the approved Grafana data sources, and it should slice and dice.

1 minute ago, falconexe said:

I’m the developer. As long as you can get the data into an InfluxDB (or alternate) data source, Grafana will it will handle it dynamically, and therefore you could add it into your UUD dash. You need some middleware or an API (like how we use Telegraph and Varkin now) to send the data from your app into a valid datasource. It could even be a SQL database. It just needs to be one of the approved Grafana data sources, and it should slice and dice.

well this was kinda my question. does anyone know a way to do all of that? how to get on that data and how to impliment it into this dashboard :D

On 6/23/2021 at 4:41 PM, falconexe said:

So I finally figured this out.  I had the InfluxDB container on my UnRAID bridge network and the Varken container on my custom docker network (br1).  For whatever reason, Varken (or InfluxDB) would not successfully write the library_stats tag key to the DB.  The moment I moved my InfluxDB to my docker network, library_stats started writing.   Unfortunately, this forced me to move everything in my Grafana stack to my docker network -- including telegraf.  Everything appears to be working except for VM/docker icons which I think I can do without and may remove those panels.  I think this pertains to the docker network not being able to communicate with the UnRAID IP. 

I did need to make one change to my telegraf.conf that pertained to the APCUPSD.  I changed the servers statement to point to my UnRAID IP instead of 127.0.0.1.

# # Monitor APC UPSes connected to apcupsd
[[inputs.apcupsd]]
#   # A list of running apcupsd server to connect to.
#   # If not provided will default to tcp://127.0.0.1:3551
servers = ["tcp://10.1.1.99:3551"]

3 hours ago, noties said:

So I finally figured this out.  I had the InfluxDB container on my UnRAID bridge network and the Varken container on my custom docker network (br1).  For whatever reason, Varken (or InfluxDB) would not successfully write the library_stats tag key to the DB.  The moment I moved my InfluxDB to my docker network, library_stats started writing.   Unfortunately, this forced me to move everything in my Grafana stack to my docker network -- including telegraf.  Everything appears to be working except for VM/docker icons which I think I can do without and may remove those panels.  I think this pertains to the docker network not being able to communicate with the UnRAID IP. 

I did need to make one change to my telegraf.conf that pertained to the APCUPSD.  I changed the servers statement to point to my UnRAID IP instead of 127.0.0.1.

# # Monitor APC UPSes connected to apcupsd
[[inputs.apcupsd]]
#   # A list of running apcupsd server to connect to.
#   # If not provided will default to tcp://127.0.0.1:3551
servers = ["tcp://10.1.1.99:3551"]

Glad you figured everything out! This will surely help a lot of people that run custom network/bridge configs. Thanks for sharing.