Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

On 2/26/2022 at 10:36 PM, falconexe said:

Anyone know if the creator of Varken "Boerderij" is on the forums here?

No idea, but I did get a response when I posted an issue to their Git a ways back. They didn't take up my request (to add a friendly name field in the config, in case of multiple Tautulli servers), but they did exchange a few comments about it.

I guessing this is something simple I've done but I've tried several times and I keep getting the same thing.  I've even tried removing the /mnt/user/appdata/telegraf dir completely and reinstalling with no success.  I can install telegraf:latest and start it if I put no post arguments in.  Once I add the post arguments suggested at the beginning of this thread I get the below in the telegraf log and it won't start.

/bin/sh: 1: apk: not found

Even with a fresh install of telegraf:latest with no post arguments, I start it and then console into telegraf I and run it by hand...I get the same:  apk: not found

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

3 hours ago, RichJacot said:

I found this, which looks like my issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAID/comments/qkgz1c/psa_do_not_update_telegraf_to_latest/

To follow the beginning of this thread, which should i use?  telegraf:1.20.2 or telegraf:1.20.2-apline

TIA

Glad you figured it out. I would have answered sooner, but was buy with life. This was addressed numerous times within this post. Next time, try searching "This Post" and you will usually find the answer right here.

Edited by falconexe

Thank you.  I found the search topic option.  I didn't know that was there and when I was just searching with the default search bar, I wasn't finding anything helpful.

I have another question, In the 1.6 dashboard, I'm not able to select a host (itself).  It only has/shows none.  As such I can't pick drives, etc.  I've reviewed the install at the beginning of this post and searched this topic but I'm coming up empty.

Can you tell me what I'm missing to get the host itself in the host dropdown?

Capture.PNG

Edited by RichJacot
forgot to attach image
1 hour ago, RichJacot said:

Thank you.  I found the search topic option.  I didn't know that was there and when I was just searching with the default search bar, I wasn't finding anything helpful.

I have another question, In the 1.6 dashboard, I'm not able to select a host (itself).  It only has/shows none.  As such I can't pick drives, etc.  I've reviewed the install at the beginning of this post and searched this topic but I'm coming up empty.

Can you tell me what I'm missing to get the host itself in the host dropdown?

Capture.PNG

Check your "Host" variable in the dashboard by clicking the gear icon in the upper right. You should see the following and your host name at the bottom in the Preview area.

image.thumb.png.ecdf462076206366e936ed3bf8ecfa83.png

I found it but the preview says 'none'.  Otherwise it looks like yours.

In my telegraf.conf file it has the below but it seems right because it says if empty use os.Hostname.

## Override default hostname, if empty use os.Hostname()
  hostname = ""
  ## If set to true, do no set the "host" tag in the telegraf agent.
  omit_hostname = false

Capture2.PNG

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I had an issue with the unraid api when I first started it and tried adding this server.  I searched through the tread and found where someone had to change their root password to the same thing it was and it worked.  I did that and added the server again and it added the second one you see below (which is fully populated in the dropdowns).  Could this first one be screwing me up with the host variable?  How does one go about removing the bad one?

Capture3.PNG

Edited by RichJacot
Added more data about unraid api

Good Morning,  I found something else that might be causing my host (none) issue.  In some to the panels, it has the wrong IP.  I'm thinking I must have fat fingered it somewhere but I can't find where.  I've even grep'd my appdata for the IP and it's not showing up.  Below in the lower right you can see it has the IP: 192.168.1.7, where as my unraid server is 192.168.1.17.  Wherever this is pulling this from, could that be causing my Host-none issue in the above post?  Does anyone know where I can look to find where the 192.168.1.7 is coming from so I can correct it?

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 8.52.15 AM.png

On 3/4/2022 at 1:46 PM, RichJacot said:

I found it but the preview says 'none'.  Otherwise it looks like yours.

In my telegraf.conf file it has the below but it seems right because it says if empty use os.Hostname.

## Override default hostname, if empty use os.Hostname()
  hostname = ""
  ## If set to true, do no set the "host" tag in the telegraf agent.
  omit_hostname = false

Capture2.PNG

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I had an issue with the unraid api when I first started it and tried adding this server.  I searched through the tread and found where someone had to change their root password to the same thing it was and it worked.  I did that and added the server again and it added the second one you see below (which is fully populated in the dropdowns).  Could this first one be screwing me up with the host variable?  How does one go about removing the bad one?

Capture3.PNG

I removed unraid-api and reinstalled it and now I have only one server in the unraid-api UI.  I guess this wasn't what's causing my host to be none.  

unraid-api.PNG

4 hours ago, skaterpunk0187 said:

You can change it right there in the base url field. That is for the docker icons. Looking at your variables you have none for almost all of them. I'm going to have to say there is an issue with the telegraf config file. It's easy to do and hard to find.

I edited some of the panels and put the 192.168.1.17 instead of the 192.168.1.7 it had in there but that didn't affect the icons.  I saw there went icons and I saw several other folks have this issue.  I hadn't look into those yet.  I think the majority of my issues are from the host only showing non.  If the lack of icons were my only issue, I'd be sitting pretty.  ;-)

I created a telegraf.conf with all info needed for the Ultimate Unraid Dashboard. It only has the sensors needed and none of all the extra. Its much easier to read only having 80 lines instead of 10,000. https://github.com/skaterpunk/UUD/blob/main/telegraf.conf

I would say double check your telegraf.conf settings and make sure that telegraf has the network type set to host. If your still not getting only getting none for the host variable, maybe something didn't go right pulling the image and setting up the container. Also check the telegraf logs they may help too. I have two identical Unraid servers my main has no errors in the telegraf log the backup nothing but errors. I even copy and pasted the telegraf.conf file only changing the database name.

Edited by skaterpunk0187
  • Thanks 1

I replaced my telegraf.conf with yours and changed the outputs.influxdb section and the interface.  No errors in the telegraf longs (shown below).  I'm going to try to remove telegraf altogether and reinstall it.  You can see in the telegraf log that telegraf is picking up my hostname though, so that's odd.

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 8.45.32 AM.png

9 hours ago, RichJacot said:

I replaced my telegraf.conf with yours and changed the outputs.influxdb section and the interface.  No errors in the telegraf longs (shown below).  I'm going to try to remove telegraf altogether and reinstall it.  You can see in the telegraf log that telegraf is picking up my hostname though, so that's odd.

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 8.45.32 AM.png

Try setting your host variable manually to a constant and see if that changes anything. If you are only running 1 UNRAID server, then you can safely do this. Not sure what is going on, but the below work around should fix it.

image.png.ba08e9d108a4a3dde9771fd48033196e.png

Over the weekend I deleted all of the related dockers and started from scratch. I still needed to make the host variable a constant with "cube" for some reason but that fixed most of my issues.  I'm still working on why it's not picking up my started and stopped VMs then I'll move on to my docker icon issue. 

Any ideas as to why none of my SAS drives are not showing up in any of the drive dropdowns?  (I searched this topic for SAS and SCSI but no results.) I can see all of my other drives (sata, ssd, nvme, flash, unassigned), just no SAS.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:14 AM, RichJacot said:

Over the weekend I deleted all of the related dockers and started from scratch. I still needed to make the host variable a constant with "cube" for some reason but that fixed most of my issues.  I'm still working on why it's not picking up my started and stopped VMs then I'll move on to my docker icon issue. 

Any ideas as to why none of my SAS drives are not showing up in any of the drive dropdowns?  (I searched this topic for SAS and SCSI but no results.) I can see all of my other drives (sata, ssd, nvme, flash, unassigned), just no SAS.

I figured a good share of my issues out.  I have all of the array drives showing.  My fault!  I think I have all of the panels functioning properly with the exception of the docker and vm icons, working on that now, and my fan speeds.

This UUD is Great!  Thank you!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I realize this has been hashed over before but I'm still having issues with my docker and vm icons.  Following the instructions it works perfectly (as described) with Safari and Firefox.  However... I can not get Chrome to work to save me. I've tried to allow insecure content in the Chrome site setting but that didn't help either.  I realize this isn't a browser help thread but has anyone else ran across this and found a workaround?  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Hello everyone and thank you @falconexe and all for your hard work.

I was looking on the forum to fix my Drives issues.

UNRAID api is tested and OK.

But I am not able to see any changes on my drives in variables. I may need to modify anything but can not figure out what.

I may have miss a post that talk about it but can't find it...
image.png.ffb0ec38431fa033a4996a0777ffc546.png

I see that query is sent to Telegraf and I do not know if it is right or not.

EDIT : I found my issue. I think I messed up with my telegraf.conf file and there was still a false ip address for influxdb url. 

Thank you guys ! 

Edited by Fydge
Found the issue
On 2/26/2022 at 7:36 PM, falconexe said:

Thanks for the tip. I just setup a GitHub for the UUD. Never done this before, but I am a programmer, so I should be able to figure it out.

Anyone know if the creator of Varken "Boerderij" is on the forums here? I just need an option to pull in ALL historical Tautulli data upon installing Varken, or pass some kind of parameter to the docker to choose the earliest load/retention date for an existing install. Or better yet, run a command in InfluxDB to ingest everything from Tautulli via Varken going back to day one (brute force the database). I assume all of this is possible. Maybe I can fork the entire thing and just modify this single "tautulli.py" file as @skaterpunk0187 suggested...

https://github.com/Boerderij/Varken/blob/master/varken/tautulli.py

image.thumb.png.31819b616bc0a8b9d8c09be677316676.png

image.png.bf2132abd6dd609ada563d517fdbf952.png

Heck, I'm even considering making my own UUD docker! I've never done that either, but I installed GUS a couple days ago and learned a lot from the way @testdasi did it. Not sure if he is still around, as he's been silent for over a year on this stuff.

@SpencerJ, do you know anyone or any good documentation that can assist me getting started with making a docker for the UUD and incorporating everything into it (other dockers/settings), so I can make this easier for everyone to install out of the box?

It would be really awesome of I could release the UUD 1.7 in it's own docker with native Grafana 8.4.X support, and then people would only have to modify their Grafana panels and never mess with a config file again. I think this would bring the UUD to the masses and it would sure make updating it much easier with different docker builds for past versions.

Anyone down with this? Anyone want to help and guide me through the docker build process? DM me if you want to collaborate and take me to school ha ha. Otherwise, I'll try to learn this new stuff in my spare time. But this is the vision I see for the future. One click install of the UUD and then just customize for your UNRAID server.

Hey OP,

I'm a developer with enough experience with docker where I could probably help out with this. I setup UUD for the most part, new to unraid but i'm currently setting it up to manage a couple of in-house apps I want to self host. I'm specifically trying to setup grafana for log tailing this app but I haven't used it before so our experience could be mutually beneficial and I'm happy to help where I can. I see GUS is deprecated. Also I see the versions recommended for UUD for telegraf and influxdb are out of date, I had some difficulty setting them up. 

I could see utility in just having a separate grafana instance for UUD although it doesn't seem like it would interfere too much if folks wanted to use it for other things, especially if it already included a working UUD. It's the other dependencies that made installing it a bit of a hassle. Also a lot of my panels don't work because it's just too much setup and too deep into grafana for me. But anyway if you care to sync happy to chat.

• Thanks 1
On 3/24/2022 at 11:44 PM, gvkhna said:

Hey OP,

I'm a developer with enough experience with docker where I could probably help out with this. I setup UUD for the most part, new to unraid but i'm currently setting it up to manage a couple of in-house apps I want to self host. I'm specifically trying to setup grafana for log tailing this app but I haven't used it before so our experience could be mutually beneficial and I'm happy to help where I can. I see GUS is deprecated. Also I see the versions recommended for UUD for telegraf and influxdb are out of date, I had some difficulty setting them up. 

I could see utility in just having a separate grafana instance for UUD although it doesn't seem like it would interfere too much if folks wanted to use it for other things, especially if it already included a working UUD. It's the other dependencies that made installing it a bit of a hassle. Also a lot of my panels don't work because it's just too much setup and too deep into grafana for me. But anyway if you care to sync happy to chat.

Thanks for the offer @gvkhna!

I'm really busy with work right now, but I WOULD like to look into this with you. If we can get a unified Docker with all dependencies already configured, that would take care of a lot of the manual install work. Then users could just focus on getting their dashboard configured to their servers. Ideally we would build the Docker in a way where users can still get to their config files on the backend if they want to further customize. If you look at the GUS docker and review the architecture, that should point you in the right direction. I think we can improve upon that project in various way. I look forward to getting with you in the future. I'll DM you when I'm ready to dive in.

On 3/5/2022 at 9:59 AM, RichJacot said:

Good Morning,  I found something else that might be causing my host (none) issue.  In some to the panels, it has the wrong IP.  I'm thinking I must have fat fingered it somewhere but I can't find where.  I've even grep'd my appdata for the IP and it's not showing up.  Below in the lower right you can see it has the IP: 192.168.1.7, where as my unraid server is 192.168.1.17.  Wherever this is pulling this from, could that be causing my Host-none issue in the above post?  Does anyone know where I can look to find where the 192.168.1.7 is coming from so I can correct it?

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 8.52.15 AM.png

having the same issue as you, even after changing the base URL. One thing you can do is right click on one of the icons (you may have to try several areas) and get the image url, it might redirect you to the unraid page so you can login

1 hour ago, Exes said:

having the same issue as you, even after changing the base URL. One thing you can do is right click on one of the icons (you may have to try several areas) and get the image url, it might redirect you to the unraid page so you can login

I get redirected to login, it just never pulls/shows them.  I've done every icon one at time. It's something with chrome, Firefox and safari work as expected after the redirect and login.  

Edited by RichJacot
Typo