Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

2 hours ago, Stupifier said:

The UUD all-in-one docker container.....work of art! So simple...and I can tell you guys poured some time into this shit to make it ez for someone to just fire it up and go! Thank you

Ha ha. You're welcome. Are you using "Grafana Unraid Stack" (GUS) too? If so, that is the work of @testdasi. The UUD was created by me and inspired by @GilbN's original template. So really it is 3 people coming together randomly for the masses.

@falconexe Primary UUD Developer (Me)

image.png.8890affc656c196ed49f59d33f5f298d.png

@GilbN Co UUD Developer

image.png.d4eff6c139161f2ebba343a6ecdc282a.png

@testdasi Primary GUS Developer

image.png.87212ee5640bac036643b5bf45380ee0.png

Recently testdasi incorporated the UUD into GUS (with my permission), so yeah, I guess it is all of us now in a way 😂. GUS wasn't even a thing when I first developed this a few weeks back, at least I didn't know about it until recently. The timing of this is crazy, because I was just focused on the actual UUD Dashboard. GUS was a separate effort to make the install process easier. Anywho, it is pretty cool that we all went nuts around he same time and the stars aligned for everyone.

Yeah, this whole thing is awesome. I'll keep working to make UUD better. testdasi will need to keep updating GUS with my latest versions for this all to stay in sync! So UUDGUS or GUSUUD? 😆

Glad you are loving it. Makes the long nights worth it. 🤜🤛

Edited by falconexe

Great work on this dashboard!  The only thing I cant seem to get to display properly - aside from ipmi (which will be corrected/modified for non-server boards in 1.4) - is the Drive S.M.A.R.T. Health Overview.  NOTHING shows up in this panel.  Bah! 

image.thumb.png.a0b8811259086e5d9701e854a50e7d38.png

And believe me, I have tried to correct.  The other smart panel does display as shown below.

image.thumb.png.674f5fd8315d6d1e54185311b6bbb9bf.png

Also, "Drive Life" doesn't really separate anything.  Is this intentional?  How is this useful?

image.thumb.png.3a6683af3e9e093aa05f9c161d752735.png

so back to the smart health overview...

image.png.c408be0f6c1605191dcdc689b6f2b89e.png

image.png.f209e1d7baad74619c7af129954981b5.png

Any ideas to help get this panel working?  Again, great effort on this dashboard!

20 minutes ago, danktankk said:

Great work on this dashboard!  The only thing I cant seem to get to display properly - aside from ipmi (which will be corrected/modified for non-server boards in 1.4) - is the Drive S.M.A.R.T. Health Overview.  NOTHING shows up in this panel.  Bah! 

And believe me, I have tried to correct.  The other smart panel does display as shown below.

image.thumb.png.674f5fd8315d6d1e54185311b6bbb9bf.png

Also, "Drive Life" doesn't really separate anything.  Is this intentional?  How is this useful?

image.thumb.png.3a6683af3e9e093aa05f9c161d752735.png

so back to the smart health overview...

image.png.f209e1d7baad74619c7af129954981b5.png

Any ideas to help get this panel working?  Again, great effort on this dashboard!

Let's unpack this real quick. One at a time.

So did you add the plugin and configure the Docker Post Arguments (See Post #1). This is separate from the Telegraf Config. That would prevent S.M.A.R.T. from displaying correctly.

BUT....My money says it's the query. Your query DOES NOT look anything like the one I released in Version 1.3. This is one of the most complex queries in the dashboard. See Below:

image.thumb.png.dc923196836f719b7fbe570bdc3d9d78.png

image.thumb.png.570801c976b7834cf459fb48033dc8b9.png

image.thumb.png.fe8e3beb7a8070ca43a6a9243ace6083.png

So step one, get that fixed. If you need the JSON code just for that one panel, let me know. A few pages back I explained to someone else how to update JSON for a single panel so that will save you a bunch of time. I'd paste it here, but it is a few hundred lines (1,169).... OH what the heck, here it is in a txt file. You know what to do (if you read that previous post).  Right Click the Panel > Inspect > Panel JSON 👍

Drive S.M.A.R.T. Health Overview

The Drive Life is an Aggregate of the Power On Hours from the the S.M.A.R.T. panel above (which you can't see). Just a fun panel for stat junkies. So yes, this is by design. I like seeing the youngest/oldest drives and the fact that they have been running for a combined 80+ years in my case is hilarious. 😅

image.thumb.png.6e2e1d7ed48b17dcff053692dccf7863.png

image.thumb.png.00a0abdc8dd0d2041ef48f5c56fd4101.png

Report Back.

Edited by falconexe

I have the post arguments in place, however it required some tweaking (ty @HalienElf) since telegraf would not start at all without it:

I use telegraf:latest repo and this is probably why.  See below for a different way to implement.

bash -c 'apt update && apt install -y smartmontools && lm_sensors && telegraf'

lm_sensors is the latest effort for fans and CPU and is not integral to making S.M.A.R.T. work and doesnt appear to be working right now anyway.

BTW, drive life now makes much more sense and I do like that stat!  lol

7 minutes ago, danktankk said:

I have the post arguments in place, however it required some tweaking (ty @HalienElf) since telegraf would not start at all without it:

I use telegraf:latest repo and this is probably why.  See below for a different way to implement.

bash -c 'apt update && apt install -y smartmontools && lm_sensors && telegraf'

lm_sensors is the latest effort for fans and CPU and is not integral to making S.M.A.R.T. work and doesnt appear to be working right now anyway.

BTW, drive life now makes much more sense and I do like that stat!  lol

You can run that bash command via the UNRAID terminal, or right click the docker and click console and skip the front part of those commands, to initially install the addon plugins.

image.png.df13f6539a12d0b3f94d48d673d5ef13.png

image.png.ce473bae6f18d159b95cfb36bddd6375.png

Keep in mind, that unless the Post Arguments (matching all plugins you have added and updated) are in place, if you update the Telegraf docker, all that stuff will not persist. So it is really important.

/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add ipmitool && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'

image.png.e32a89672b4d52c1ab2ba2cf714a9867.png

Glad drive life makes sense now.

Edited by falconexe

i cant find the post where you show how to update JSON for a single panel.  its late and im getting crosseyed.  I would like to get this right tonight..  but it can wait obviously...

The way that the post argument for me is done is valid (minus lm_sensors) - that didnt work out well.  It does not have to have apk in it as my :latest repo does not like that.  

6 minutes ago, danktankk said:

i cant find the post where you show how to update JSON for a single panel.  its late and im getting crosseyed.  I would like to get this right tonight..  but it can wait obviously...

The way that the post argument for me is done is valid (minus lm_sensors) - that didnt work out well.  It does not have to have apk in it as my :latest repo does not like that.  

Page 10. Look for the green code...

Edited by falconexe
9 minutes ago, danktankk said:

It isnt doing it for all my drives, but its a heck of a lot closer than i was!  thank you brother ;)

Nice. Not sure why all your drives aren't showing up, all 33 of mine do. We can look more into this over the weekend. I have to get back to work. Later brother.

EDIT: Thanks for finding that typo (from your DM). I'll get that fixed in version 1.4.

Congrats, you are now an Official UUD CONTRIBUTOR (You are now listed as such on Post #1) 🤝🥳

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 1

Interesting. CA Backup shut down all my dockers last night so it could do its weekly backup. I'm good with that, nothing much happening on the server at 2am on Sat...

However, when I look at the dash after everything came back up, a vertical scroll bar has appeared on all the horizontal bar graphs.

image.png.6594da863c7d51582b3024072d31b65a.png

There is no scrolling happening when I hit the up/down arrows on the scroll bar, it just sits there, mocking me.

I'm elbows deep in a car repair today (just waiting for the PB Blaster to loosen some rust), so I probably won't look at this again for another 4-6 hours, but if you've got any thoughts, I'll try 'em out later.

Hey, did install it yesterday.

Did it the old fashion way instead of using testdasi complete package. It was not easy to be honnest since the steps in the first post take some things for granted.

Anyhow, I kinda managed. Some stuff on the APC are missing and the CPU Temps are blank. I probably have to adjust some stuff and I'll work on it one of those days.

A few things might be improved :

• my CPU load tab is splitted in two despite having only one CPU but OK. However, the split is not an equal 14/14 but 16/12 and it looks weird :

image.thumb.png.bc89c4db55b76e93130a84e37aabb7aa.png

Is it not taking into account the number of thread from the setup ?

• Also, their is something weird on the network side. I have tabs and graphs for two network connections but the second one is somehow indicated as 10GBe.

My actual config has indeed two ports on the board but 2x 1GBe and they are bonded in unraid (not sure the second part matters).

image.png.51c5e5d9097edcd739a7a92997289034.png

image.thumb.png.25d4b02f233263bd8eb861f7c2d6fd57.png

image.thumb.png.d1da658fe86b99e6e3fad0f6df26ddff.png

It should read real capacity from the hardware or linux ?

11 hours ago, falconexe said:

Ha ha. You're welcome. Are you using "Grafana Unraid Stack" (GUS) too? If so, that is the work of @testdasi. The UUD was created by me and inspired by @GilbN's original template. So really it is 3 people coming together randomly for the masses.

@falconexe Primary UUD Developer (Me)

image.png.8890affc656c196ed49f59d33f5f298d.png

@GilbN Co UUD Developer

image.png.d4eff6c139161f2ebba343a6ecdc282a.png

@testdasi Primary GUS Developer

image.png.87212ee5640bac036643b5bf45380ee0.png

Recently testdasi incorporated the UUD into GUS (with my permission), so yeah, I guess it is all of us now in a way 😂. GUS wasn't even a thing when I first developed this a few weeks back, at least I didn't know about it until recently. The timing of this is crazy, because I was just focused on the actual UUD Dashboard. GUS was a separate effort to make the install process easier. Anywho, it is pretty cool that we all went nuts around he same time and the stars aligned for everyone.

Yeah, this whole thing is awesome. I'll keep working to make UUD better. testdasi will need to keep updating GUS with my latest versions for this all to stay in sync! So UUDGUS or GUSUUD? 😆

Glad you are loving it. Makes the long nights worth it. 🤜🤛

GUS is awesome too! I stumbled upon UUD first so I was focused on that....didn't even open GUS. And wow, that is good too! Great stuff! Hope you guys stay collaborating/synced up! The all-in-one docker container is KING!

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, FreeMan said:

Interesting. CA Backup shut down all my dockers last night so it could do its weekly backup. I'm good with that, nothing much happening on the server at 2am on Sat...

However, when I look at the dash after everything came back up, a vertical scroll bar has appeared on all the horizontal bar graphs.

image.png.6594da863c7d51582b3024072d31b65a.png

There is no scrolling happening when I hit the up/down arrows on the scroll bar, it just sits there, mocking me.

I'm elbows deep in a car repair today (just waiting for the PB Blaster to loosen some rust), so I probably won't look at this again for another 4-6 hours, but if you've got any thoughts, I'll try 'em out later.

Hmm, that is a weird one. I've gone thought he CA backup process and have not seen that. I assume if you refresh, or close/reopen the window, it remains?

I'm sure you are already doing this, but one thought is to make sure that all 3 Dockers (Grafana/Telegraf/InfluxDB) are all set to auto restart. The way I acomplish this is defining an Extra Parameter in each Docker of "--restart=always". Or you can use the buttons to auto restart in the UNRAID GUI.

image.thumb.png.ef967774cc517992613e79a6e3543d4e.png

If this issue still persists after refreshing/reopening Grafana, try closing the browsers, clearing your cache/cookies, and reload.

Report back. My next backup is Monday at 5AM.

2 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Did it the old fashion way instead of using testdasi complete package. It was not easy to be honnest since the steps in the first post take some things for granted.

Anyhow, I kinda managed. Some stuff on the APC are missing and the CPU Temps are blank. I probably have to adjust some stuff and I'll work on it one of those days.

• my CPU load tab is splitted in two despite having only one CPU but OK. However, the split is not an equal 14/14 but 16/12 and it looks weird :

• Also, their is something weird on the network side. I have tabs and graphs for two network connections but the second one is somehow indicated as 10GBe.

My actual config has indeed two ports on the board but 2x 1GBe and they are bonded in unraid (not sure the second part matters).

First off, congrats on getting this far!

Please keep in mind, AND THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE, that on Post #1 I clearly state the following:

image.thumb.png.8da094b5945c7f863de36bd1e961bc0c.png

You just finished PHASE 1, which is getting the dang thing installed and having a baseline.

You now NEED to start PHASE 2, which is configuring the Dashboard for YOUR HARDWARE. The UUD provides all of the tools for a maxed out system, like mine, so we can have a broad brush to encompass all manner of UNRAID systems. IF you don't have a feature, you can simply delete/adjust the panel(s) as required to suite your own needs.

Due to the nature of what this thing is, and the millions of users out there, it would be impossible for the UUD to be released already knowing exactly what is on a user's system. That is why we use REGEX to attempt this, but you still need to adjust that sometimes. So you can either adjust the REGEX or go the old fashioned way and manually add your stuff to the queries and remove the REGEX.

I highly recommend you, and anyone else having similar concerns, spend some time and read this ENTIRE topic. I have covered many of these items extensively with instructions, code, and screenshots. I'm starting to see a pattern where new users install UUD, and have the same issues over and over. I've been happy to help thus far, but it is taking a lot of my time supporting, instead of actually developing new features. Note: This is not anything to do with you personally, I'm just using this post as an opportunity to educate.

I'm hoping to empower those that use UUD with knowledge, so they can help themselves as much as possible. Just like I learned, everyone who uses UUD will have to get familiar with the basics. This is extremely powerful, but you have to know some things about it to use that power. Less than a month ago, I knew absolutely ZERO about this, now I am here writing this...😃

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 1

The UUD comes out of the box with a 2 CPU setup. You just need to delete the "CPU 02" panel if you are only running 1 CPU.

The REGEX will need to be adjusted, or you can manually select your cores on "CPU 01". Please go back and re-read the topic. A few pages back, I helped another user with this exact issue and showed him how to fix it manually. I'll see if I can find link for you...

EDIT: Here is the post where I teach how to manually add cores.

Click the arrow in the upper right... image.png.5250e6d735597530a41a4741c3a4fa74.png

Edited by falconexe

Also, their is something weird on the network side. I have tabs and graphs for two network connections but the second one is somehow indicated as 10GBe.

Again, you'll need to adjust to your hardware. You'll have to pick the correct NIC(s) in ALL of the network related queries, and then you'll need to adjust the Panel TITLE to reflect what you picked.

image.thumb.png.32b6d68ef9003948de6eb78831b72c30.png

image.png.46b88d96553b91a6ce59cc14f3ea8077.png

Edited by falconexe

Out of curiosity, what "things" were taken for granted? I really want to improve this as much as possible.

Note: I did point everyone to GilbN's great tutorial off of his website. Take a look at that and let me know if there are any things I need to add to my topic. Keep in mind, my topic just shows Dependencies and has SOME setup. I assume that if you are looking into Grafana, you have some basic understanding of what it is/does.

image.thumb.png.0c7e8563d982f2492d5d791ab427a1d5.png

https://technicalramblings.com/blog/how-to-setup-grafana-influxdb-and-telegraf-to-monitor-your-unraid-system/

Perhaps I need to do a full blown install instructions?

Finally, let us know when you would like to tackle the APC/CPU temps issue. One thought on CPU temps is that you may not be running on server hardware, and therefore IPMI doesn't apply. In that case you can try using the sensors plugin. I'll be adding this support to version 1.4.

Edited by falconexe