Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

How do I adjust individual column widths in the data tables? As you can see here, there's a lot of empty space that could be eliminated. Since we don't all have 4k monitors, there just aren't enough pixels on the screen to display the data without a lot of horizontal scrolling.

This is the top of the "Array Disk Storage" listing, and there is essentially no interesting data on it without scrolling:

image.png.a510c8698277687de4b9ff6bd53b2fe0.png

I tried adjusting column widths once, but it ended up rearranging the columns and totally mangling things - there must be a better way that what I was doing!

6 hours ago, FreeMan said:

How do I adjust individual column widths in the data tables? As you can see here, there's a lot of empty space that could be eliminated. Since we don't all have 4k monitors, there just aren't enough pixels on the screen to display the data without a lot of horizontal scrolling.

This is the top of the "Array Disk Storage" listing, and there is essentially no interesting data on it without scrolling:

image.png.a510c8698277687de4b9ff6bd53b2fe0.png

I tried adjusting column widths once, but it ended up rearranging the columns and totally mangling things - there must be a better way that what I was doing!

Go into the query and place a column width override on each field as you see fit, then save.

Still cranking away at modifying your dash and loving it.  Learning so much.  I was messing around with the Grafana Unraid Stack from testdasi, maybe GilbN here from what I see, and really like the addition of logs on their.  I was able to get syslogs onto your dash also.  Do you have plans to implement logs as an optional step since it would require other community app dependencies? I think the addition of logs would really suite the dash.  

In order to get the logs working in Grafana I had to install grafanaloki and grafanapromtail from community apps.  For Promtail I had to add a path with host as root and container as /rootfs for it to read the log directory.  I used testdasi's config as a basis with slight mods for the default location of promtail position location and loki's index and chunks.  From their I used the same loki queries for the panels as in GUS {job="unraidsyslog"} and {job="unraidsyslog"} |~ "(?i)error[:,]|[:] disabled|(?i)BTRFS error|failed command".

I believe you two may be already collaborating together so maybe this is something they wouldn't mind.  Attached are the modded configs I used.

config.yml local-config.yaml

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, mmag05 said:

Still cranking away at modifying your dash and loving it.  Learning so much.  I was messing around with the Grafana Unraid Stack from testdasi, maybe GilbN here from what I see, and really like the addition of logs on their.  I was able to get syslogs onto your dash also.  Do you have plans to implement logs as an optional step since it would require other community app dependencies? I think the addition of logs would really suite the dash.  

In order to get the logs working in Grafana I had to install grafanaloki and grafanapromtail from community apps.  For Promtail I had to add a path with host as root and container as /rootfs for it to read the log directory.  I used testdasi's config as a basis with slight mods for the default location of promtail position location and loki's index and chunks.  From their I used the same loki queries for the panels as in GUS {job="unraidsyslog"} and {job="unraidsyslog"} |~ "(?i)error[:,]|[:] disabled|(?i)BTRFS error|failed command".

I believe you two may be already collaborating together so maybe this is something they wouldn't mind.  Attached are the modded configs I used.

Thanks. Yes syslogs were planned for 1.6.

I’ll be reaching out to you directly to regroup on this.

Edited by falconexe
1 hour ago, falconexe said:

Here is a screenshot. Overrides are on the right side when you "Edit" the query.

Ah, that makes more sense.

For some reason, it took me a while to find that right-side panel. I'd been looking for things you'd been telling people to do, but I couldn't find the options you were talking about. I stumbled on it a couple of days ago. It's much easier to tweak things now!

7 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

Ah, that makes more sense.

For some reason, it took me a while to find that right-side panel. I'd been looking for things you'd been telling people to do, but I couldn't find the options you were talking about. I stumbled on it a couple of days ago. It's much easier to tweak things now!

Glad you found it!

I'm super excited to see 1.4 - then immediately 1.5!  lol  I just want the new plex/varken goodies to integrate with this dash

that and I would like to easily be able to get fan speeds and one CPU (threadripper) to display properly.

I've noticed that there really isn't an easy way to get Fahrenheit scales to work as well...  I can live with Celsius though...

Edited by danktankk
19 hours ago, danktankk said:

I'm super excited to see 1.4 - then immediately 1.5!  lol  I just want the new plex/varken goodies to integrate with this dash

that and I would like to easily be able to get fan speeds and one CPU (threadripper) to display properly.

I've noticed that there really isn't an easy way to get Fahrenheit scales to work as well...  I can live with Celsius though...

The plan is to have 1.4 be out by 10/10/2020. 1.5 is already built, but it is in it's own dashboard. I'm going to have to spend some time integrating it with 1.4 once that is done. There are also A LOT of specific dependencies and configurations for 1.5 that I will have to write extensive documentation on. Technically, these should be separate dashboards, but the "Ultimate" in UUD is no joke. I mean it. I'm trying to build the end all be all of dashboards, while also still making it easy for everyone, including people who are new to UNRAID and/or tech in general.

The way I look at this is that each release from 1.4 on will add another layer of depth. If someone is happy with just UNRAID monitoring then they can stick with 1.4. If they want Plex/Varken, then they can get on 1.5 and so on. Or you can always download the latest version (netting you all future updates) and just remove the sections/panels you don't want.

Now that 1.5 is built, I can go back and finish 1.4, which lays the foundation for the future. Exciting things are ahead. Stay tuned.

Edited by falconexe
29 minutes ago, danktankk said:

Once I explain/add support for sensors, you should be able to get this going. I am on Intel and have no AMD hardware to test on. However, a few people that I have see on multiple threads over the few past weeks have got it working. I won't be able to help write the query (because I can't see the plugin output for AMD hardware), but you should be able to take someone else's code and adapt it. There was even a guy in here a few pages back that explained how he accomplished this. First, we'll get 1.4 out, and then we can work on your use case. I'm sure we'll all come together to figure it out...

Edited by falconexe
1 hour ago, danktankk said:

I haven't tried this yet, but you can always slap a MATH function (F = 1.8*C+32) on a Celsius query and then change the datatype to Fahrenheit with an Override. Once I get some time, I'll give this a shot. This is very easy to do though.

Edited by falconexe
15 minutes ago, falconexe said:

I haven't tried this yet, but you can always slap a MATH function (F = 1.8*C+32) on a Celsius query and then change the datatype to Fahrenheit with an Override. Once I get some time, I'll give this a shot. This is very easy to do though.

@danktankk Ah what the heck. I'm in a good mood. Here you go.

Just add MATH to your select statement and punch in ( *1.8+32). Then go over to the right panel and set the UNIT to F. Then finally, adjust your Thresholds to F values (colors).

Math.png.ef4a0b63a2786eaddf749e99e43dadf6.png

Unit.png.c78861c93bae4dda24d5490b6ced068c.png

Thresholds.png.2f0b4adbd8ae5a50a36f86055b231b04.png

Side By Side:

sidebyside.thumb.png.9179774f46dde22cfe7b6a1903c4577a.png

Edited by falconexe

I'm back home and fixing to try to get started with this dashboard. I've got no idea what any of this stuff is like Telegraf but the gauges look awesome so I want to try to make this happen! lol  I'll just say though that I'm not a 'computer guy'....we own a childrens clothing store and I build this out of necessity and then mixed some fun into it with stuff like Plex. So please forgive my lack of understanding  lol.

I have a couple questions to get going......I installed your app, but do I also need to install a app called Telegraf?

Should I download the 1.3 file, then when I open the webgui of your app there is a place to import that?

In the template of your app, should I be able to leave it as is? In the template it has a lot of fields in "show more settings" related to Telegraf so I'm guessing I may need to install and set Telegraf up first?

20 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

I'm back home and fixing to try to get started with this dashboard. I've got no idea what any of this stuff is like Telegraf but the gauges look awesome so I want to try to make this happen! lol  I'll just say though that I'm not a 'computer guy'....we own a childrens clothing store and I build this out of necessity and then mixed some fun into it with stuff like Plex. So please forgive my lack of understanding  lol.

I have a couple questions to get going......I installed your app, but do I also need to install a app called Telegraf?

Should I download the 1.3 file, then when I open the webgui of your app there is a place to import that?

In the template of your app, should I be able to leave it as is? In the template it has a lot of fields in "show more settings" related to Telegraf so I'm guessing I may need to install and set Telegraf up first?

Not the dev but can chime in.  You need to install Grafana, InfluxDB and Telegraf from the Community Apps.  Then follow the setup steps on page 1 for each app. Once those are setup there's an option in Grafana to import the json for the panel.

Edited by mmag05
10 minutes ago, mmag05 said:

Not the dev but can chime in.  You need to install Grafana, InfluxDB and Telegraf from the Community Apps.  Then follow the setup steps on page 1 for each app. Once those are setup there's an option in Grafana to import the json for the panel.

Thanks...

@SPOautos You can also give the Grafana Unraid Stack (GUS) a try, which is a single docker that installs all 3. It also comes preinstalled with my UUD 1.3. You'll still need to perform the configurations on Page 1, but that would be a huge start for you. Check out Post 1 for the the link...

image.thumb.png.de936c88a551aa1d5c0bd71f0488405d.png

Edited by falconexe
5 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Thanks...

@SPOautos You can also give the Grafana Unraid Stack (GUS) a try, which is a single docker that installs all 3. It also comes preinstalled with my UUD 1.3. You'll still need to perform the configurations on Page 1, but that would be a huge start for you. Check out Post 1 for the the link...

You can download GUS from the Apps section of the UNRAID GUI.

image.thumb.png.c30554dbe1aa54fa913af89b6c6bd064.png

image.png.f498def62df6d3036269bb38426c701a.png

Edited by falconexe
36 minutes ago, falconexe said:

You can download GUS from the Apps section of the UNRAID GUI.

@SPOautos I also STRONGLY suggest you read 👉THIS👈 ENTIRE forum topic as A LOT of tutorials, tips, tricks, guidance, and direction has been included with detailed screenshots.

Finally, you should also check out GilbN's Tutorial here for a good foundational knowledge of what UUD is and how it works.

https://technicalramblings.com/blog/how-to-setup-grafana-influxdb-and-telegraf-to-monitor-your-unraid-system/

The UUD family has been great! We're all here for you and will get you up and running!

Edited by falconexe
33 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Thanks...

image.thumb.png.de936c88a551aa1d5c0bd71f0488405d.png

Okay, this may be part of the confusion. The one you mentioned...."Grafana Unraid Stack" is actually the one I installed.  So since I installed that one, I do not need to install the others nor your download....its all there in the one package correct?

I'll swing on over to that thread too and check it out now that I see it has a separate support thread for it.

1 minute ago, SPOautos said:

Okay, this may be part of the confusion. The one you mentioned...."Grafana Unraid Stack" is actually the one I installed.  So since I installed that one, I do not need to install the others nor your download....its all there in the one package correct?

I'll swing on over to that thread too and check it out now that I see it has a separate support thread for it.

The UUD is ONLY a dashboard that can be imported into Grafana. You still need to configure Telegraf's Config File, download/install Telegraf Plugins, etc.

Let us know if you get stuck anywhere. You got this!

7 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

And correct, you do not need to install the 3 dockers or the UUD version 1.3 since it is baked in. GUS is a one stop shop for the prerequisite apps you need.

Your next step is the DEPENDENCIES section on Page 1 > Post 1. This is where you configure everything.

Edited by falconexe

@SPOautos

I am merging your last comment from the other topic over here so you can pick up where you left off...

1 hour ago, SPOautos said:

I've got "GUS" installed and went into the 1.3 module.  How to I get it to show fan speed and CPU temp? Currently I can see fan speed for each fan in my bios and I can see cpu temps for each core in Unraid, but I've not been able to figure out how to see them in GUS.....I see the "gauges" for them but they have no data going to them.

I JUST installed this and I'm new to Unraid and computer stuff in general.....so just pounding my way through it and chewing on it a bit trying to figure out how this all works.

Thanks!

Stephen

5 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Hi again Stephen. I'm the developer of the UUD, and for support on UUD, you will want to post this back in the UUD topic where you just came from. Testdasi only supports the dockers and GUS. I support the actual Dashboard, which is what UUD is.

Please post dashboard related questions to my topic below.  Also include what hardware you are running on (are you on a server, or consumer hardware?).

I'm heading to bed now, but I or another UUD user will assist soon enough.

Please continue from here with your questions as this is the official UUD support topic.

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, falconexe said:

@SPOautos

I am merging your last comment from the other topic over here so you can pick up where you left off...

Please continue from here with your questions as this is the official UUD support topic.

Okay, I think I have everything working good. There are some data streams not showing up that I need to address but most of them are working fine. I  made sure all the drop downs at the top of the dashboard have the correct data in them.

Just to clarify, if I make changes like edit a data stream or add one, ect that change will be lost if I close out the browser tab then later go back to it unless I go through a process where I save the JSON file.  In this image, do I need to just click "save to file" or do I need to "copy to clipboard" then reimport it or something like that?  I'm making changes and just want to make sure I dont lose them.

image.thumb.png.595da38c0e31936bd8de8e7babb759a8.png

Well, I may have missed understood something.....in the OP of this thread where you have 

👉 Create Telegraf Configuration File 👈 (DO THIS FIRST!)

Is the Telegraf Configuration File the same thing as the UUD 1.3 that is already installed in GUS or is it something different that I need to install? When I go into GUS and to the 1.3 dashboard there is already a lot of stuff but does the Telegraf Config file change up the dashboard from its default?

I'm not sure how I install that using GUS.

Edited by SPOautos
1 hour ago, SPOautos said:

Okay, I think I have everything working good. There are some data streams not showing up that I need to address but most of them are working fine. I  made sure all the drop downs at the top of the dashboard have the correct data in them.

Just to clarify, if I make changes like edit a data stream or add one, ect that change will be lost if I close out the browser tab then later go back to it unless I go through a process where I save the JSON file.  In this image, do I need to just click "save to file" or do I need to "copy to clipboard" then reimport it or something like that?  I'm making changes and just want to make sure I dont lose them.

image.thumb.png.595da38c0e31936bd8de8e7babb759a8.png

Nope. Just click the save button in the upper right any time you make a change.