Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

Is there a way with 1.5 to use the nut-influxdb-exporter, i am not really familiar with grafana, but i have the source added, i just dont know how to configure it for the dashboard.

Also is there special config for telegraf to get 40gbe and 10gbe network ports. Those show as errors.

Edited by scuppasteve

@falconexe thanks for your work!
I don’t have a ipmi. And I followed this part of the instruction:

NON SERVER HARDWARE (If You Cannot Use "IPMI" and Need to Use "Sensors")As an alternate to IPMI to monitor CPU/System/Aux Temps, you can try the Sensors Plugin.

Telegraf Plugin - [[inputs.sensors]]

Enable  in the Telegraf Config (Uncomment It)

Bash into the Telegraf Docker and Execute "apk add lm_sensors"

Stop All 3 Dockers (Grafana > Telegraf > InfluxDB)

If You Want to Keep This Plugin in Perpetuity, You Will Need to Modify Your Telegraf Docker Post Arguments (Adding lm_sensors):

"/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add ipmitool && apk add smartmontools && apk add lm_sensors && telegraf'"

Start All 3 Dockers (InfluxDB > Telegraf > Grafana)

But part of the board doesn't work. I really want the fan speed.

fan_speeds.thumb.png.e760e972616d1de51dd1503e37d9f382.png

Who will tell you how to get it without an ipmi?

1 hour ago, scuppasteve said:

Is there a way with 1.5 to use the nut-influxdb-exporter, i am not really familiar with grafana, but i have the source added, i just dont know how to configure it for the dashboard.

Also is there special config for telegraf to get 40gbe and 10gbe network ports. Those show as errors.

You can copy panels from here https://grafana.com/grafana/dashboards/10914

Edited by GilbN
  • Thanks 1

@SpencerJ

Thanks for letting me know there was some media created. I reached out to the content creator @grtgbln. Unfortunately, what he is showing in the 3 videos IS NOT the Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard. He does a good job of explaining the process to install the dependencies, but he never actually installed the UUD JSON and is just showing the default Varken dash and Gilbns personal dash. I am going to work with him to make sure the correct info is getting out there in the wild. I really appreciate him taking time to create some vids on the UUD. Hopefully we can get this all corrected. The UUD is an ALL IN ONE dash.

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, kavitacia said:

@falconexe thanks for your work!
I don’t have a ipmi. And I followed this part of the instruction:

But part of the board doesn't work. I really want the fan speed.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16fan_speeds.thumb.png.e760e972616d1de51dd1503e37d9f382.png

Who will tell you how to get it without an ipmi?

Are you on AMD buy chance? Search the topic for "fan" or "AMD" or "Ryzen" and you should find multiple posts with code to resolve this. If you can't find it, let me know.

8 hours ago, nekromantik said:

hi all if Im using sensors plugin how do I update the dashboard to use it instead of IPMI?

You'll need to modify the panel and change the query to use the new plugin. If you are trying to use it for fans, then search the topic for "AMD", "fan", or "Ryzen" and you will find a few examples with this code. Let me know if you can't find it.

13 minutes ago, falconexe said:

@SpencerJ

Thanks for letting me know there was some media created. I reached out to the content creator @grtgbln. Unfortunately, what he is showing in the 3 videos IS NOT the Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard. He does a good job of explaining the process to install the dependencies, but he never actually installed the UUD JSON and is just showing the default Varken dash and Gilbns personal dash. I am going to work with him to make sure the correct info is getting out there in the wild. I really appreciate him taking time to create some vids on the UUD. Hopefully we can get this all corrected. The UUD is an ALL IN ONE dash.

@grtgbln just set his vids to private until we can get the content corrected. I appreciate him protecting the integrity of the UUD and what it is. Hopefully his new and/or corrected vids will be back up soon and I'll be the first to endorse them.

30 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Are you on AMD buy chance? Search the topic for "fan" or "AMD" or "Ryzen" and you should find multiple posts with code to resolve this. If you can't find it, let me know.

27 minutes ago, falconexe said:

You'll need to modify the panel and change the query to use the new plugin. If you are trying to use it for fans, then search the topic for "AMD", "fan", or "Ryzen" and you will find a few examples with this code. Let me know if you can't find it.

For sensors, please see PAGE 16 of this topic for some panel and code examples.

44 minutes ago, falconexe said:

@grtgbln just set his vids to private until we can get the content corrected. I appreciate him protecting the integrity of the UUD and what it is. Hopefully his new and/or corrected vids will be back up soon and I'll be the first to endorse them.

Alright, just got off the phone with him. He's going to remake the videos. I'm excited to see what he comes up with!

1 hour ago, grtgbln said:

I have updated the videos. Apologies for the error.

I will say, the UUD is far better than whatever I had before :)

@grtgbln Thanks man. Just watched. Great work. I appreciate you taking the time to do this for our community!

Here are the links to the video series.

Intro:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Edited by falconexe
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, falconexe said:

@grtgbln Thanks man. Just watched. Great work. I appreciate you taking the time to do this for our community!

@grtgbln One note from your final vid. When downloading the UUD JSON, you can just upload it directly into Grafana by clicking the upload file button. There is no need to open the UUD JSON and paste the code, although that does work. The easiest way is to just import the JSON file directly.

11 hours ago, falconexe said:

Page 16.

I found, thanks.
I made the cpu temperature.

cpu_temp.thumb.png.14918f3caa53df41d31b511d3baf5f46.png

Fan speed is not. I am doing something wrong.

fan_speeds2.thumb.png.81b3e8ae800311a99c4be95b0c0bb3ac.png

I think that the error here is "feature = fan2", it seems to me that I do not have data in the database with the name fan2 (or fan4). How can I check this? How to view data in the database?

On 1/7/2021 at 2:43 PM, falconexe said:

Here you go. Please test this with the Grafana UNRAID Stack (GUS). This is confirmed working with the manual docker install setup on my end.

image.png.517151be59fc897b20124e178e041c2f.png

Create a new panel and post the following JSON into it. Then apply.

{
  "datasource": "$Datasource_Telegraf",
  "description": "Note: Change Path to \"mnt/user\" if Cache Drive is Not Present",
  "fieldConfig": {
    "defaults": {
      "custom": {
        "align": null
      },
      "unit": "decbytes",
      "thresholds": {
        "mode": "absolute",
        "steps": [
          {
            "color": "rgb(64, 138, 255)",
            "value": null
          }
        ]
      },
      "mappings": []
    },
    "overrides": []
  },
  "gridPos": {
    "h": 6,
    "w": 3,
    "x": 3,
    "y": 5
  },
  "id": 173,
  "links": [],
  "options": {
    "reduceOptions": {
      "values": false,
      "calcs": [
        "lastNotNull"
      ],
      "fields": ""
    },
    "orientation": "auto",
    "textMode": "auto",
    "colorMode": "value",
    "graphMode": "area",
    "justifyMode": "auto"
  },
  "pluginVersion": "7.3.3",
  "targets": [
    {
      "alias": "Array Total",
      "dsType": "influxdb",
      "groupBy": [
        {
          "params": [
            "$__interval"
          ],
          "type": "time"
        }
      ],
      "measurement": "disk",
      "orderByTime": "ASC",
      "policy": "default",
      "query": "SELECT last(\"used\") AS \"Used\", last(\"free\") AS \"Free\", last(\"total\") AS \"Total\" FROM \"disk\" WHERE (\"path\" = '/rootfs/mnt/user0' AND \"host\" =~ /^$host$/) AND $timeFilter GROUP BY \"path\"",
      "rawQuery": false,
      "refId": "A",
      "resultFormat": "time_series",
      "select": [
        [
          {
            "params": [
              "total"
            ],
            "type": "field"
          },
          {
            "params": [],
            "type": "last"
          }
        ]
      ],
      "tags": [
        {
          "key": "path",
          "operator": "=~",
          "value": "/.*user0/"
        },
        {
          "condition": "AND",
          "key": "host",
          "operator": "=~",
          "value": "/^$Host$/"
        }
      ]
    }
  ],
  "title": "Array Total",
  "type": "stat",
  "hideTimeOverride": false,
  "interval": "",
  "timeFrom": null,
  "timeShift": null
}

Sorry for the delay. This worked on mine using GUS just fine.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, abb0r said:

First, thanks for your great dashboard. Works like a charm. 

But I have one question: is there a way to change the default center of the world map? It always centers on the USA, but I and everyone that uses my Plex server are in Europe. 

Yes, but it is a tad complex. You have to go into the JSON code of the entire dash directly, find the geo location code, and change the default GPS coordinates. In version 1.6, I am going to try and make this a real panel where this can be done easier. When I get some time, I’ll provide the line numbers you need to change.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, kavitacia said:

I found, thanks.
I made the cpu temperature.

cpu_temp.thumb.png.14918f3caa53df41d31b511d3baf5f46.png

Fan speed is not. I am doing something wrong.

fan_speeds2.thumb.png.81b3e8ae800311a99c4be95b0c0bb3ac.png

I think that the error here is "feature = fan2", it seems to me that I do not have data in the database with the name fan2 (or fan4). How can I check this? How to view data in the database?

Remove those 2 fan features, then add a new feature from scratch by clicking feature. Use trial and error to find the feature(s) that are your fans. Each system architecture is different, but they’re in there somewhere. After trying this, let me know if you find them. Check page 16 for another user who solved this. You can look at his query as a reference.

I first installed telegraf without completing the config changes (some changes were there, not all).

I then deleted telegraf including ISO, deleted the config file, deleted databse, and then re-installed telegraf after putting cofig file in the folder.

Now, telegraf wouldn't start saying "/bin/sh: apt: not found". Any one getting this error?

5 hours ago, falconexe said:

Yes, but it is a tad complex. You have to go into the JSON code of the entire dash directly, find the geo location code, and change the default GPS coordinates. In version 1.6, I am going to try and make this a real panel where this can be done easier. When I get some time, I’ll provide the line numbers you need to change.

@abb0r

Ok, so here's how to change the default CENTER of the GeoLocation Map.

First click on Dashboard Settings (Gear Button) in the upper right of your dash.

1389590981_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_10_08.png.7f374eb3d668bb2ea8930d9d8c8f5a99.png

Next Click on JSON Model to see the code.

1363135031_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_11_07.thumb.png.c92dd47a62fe4bcc6fd27a8bdcd95eb4.png

Select All and Copy the Code into a Text/Code Editor. I am using "TextMate" on OSX in this example.

Search for the variable "mapCenterLatitude". Once found, delete the coordinates (between the quotes). Then on the very next line in the JSON code, find the "mapCenterLongitude" variable, and again delete the coordinates (between the quotes).

BEFORE:

"mapCenterLatitude": "37.9",
      "mapCenterLongitude": "-94.9",

AFTER:

"mapCenterLatitude": "",
     "mapCenterLongitude": "",

Next head on over to Google Maps. Set a Pin to where you want your new center to be. Right click the pin to see the coordinates. In this example I am using the Eiffel Tower. Click the coordinates and Google Maps will send them to your clipboard.

1297770408_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_15_06.thumb.png.1096d262e67fc5a0e66e55a39b22e51d.png

Put the new coordinates into the mapCenterLatitude (Left Coordinate) and mapCenterLongitude (Right Coordinate) variables.

1386521157_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_08_23.png.eb6107be4efcaeb15462a59e3e99b13a.png

Now SELECT ALL and COPY ALL of the JSON code from your text/code editor.

Next go back into Grafana, click the arrow in the upper left to back out of the previous JSON Model screen, and then click the Dashboards button (4 squares). Then select Manage.

39937209_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_17_19.png.6bdc1700bf8cfe1402ad7999cb710bb3.png

Next, you are going click the Import button.

228613640_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_19_22.thumb.png.d34a15fc4836a3ca16c1ea4b5821042a.png

Then paste your modified JSON code into the following screen.

1682668529_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_19_42.thumb.png.a83a3edb0d47672ce3f4d4d61cb1f052.png

Finally, hit Load and give it a NAME, and a NEW UID by clicking the Change uid button, and save it in the folder of your choosing. 

1427639144_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_19_52.thumb.png.79ba09bcc1de4f3fc7edbdbb2658c234.png

Now open your new modified dashboard and you will see that the map is now centered on the location of your choosing!

491418407_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_20_26.thumb.png.5863c12739312860151daf18bd5dec7a.png

Note: We are making a second dashboard altogether. In case something goes wrong, you can always fallback on your original one. I am teaching it to you this way so that you get familiar with these steps and to instill best practices. NEVER globally modify (direct JSON code) your dashboard without making a backup copy first (by exporting your original JSON), or by importing your changes into a new dashboard entirely, thereby preserving your old one. This process is ONLY for dashboard wide global type changes AND NOT for panel modifications. You should always save your dash BEFORE AND AFTER making panel modifications, so that you can rollback to a previous save if your panel blows up.

Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Edited by falconexe
3 hours ago, takkkkkkk said:

I first installed telegraf without completing the config changes (some changes were there, not all).

I then deleted telegraf including ISO, deleted the config file, deleted databse, and then re-installed telegraf after putting cofig file in the folder.

Now, telegraf wouldn't start saying "/bin/sh: apt: not found". Any one getting this error?

You are using the :alpine tag. Switch to latest. 

• Thanks 1