Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

17 minutes ago, GilbN said:

Don't think you need multiple varken datasources. https://wiki.cajun.pro/books/varken/page/configuring-multiple-servers

Nor sure how that looks in influx but I'm sure you add a variable to switch between

But you do need to reference the different Tautulli instances (Tautulli-1, Tautulli-2, etc.) within the Varken config somehow. Like I said, I haven't even looked at this, but maybe it is MUCH simpler than I thought.

Edited by falconexe
19 hours ago, falconexe said:

Yep it is that CRAZY SIMPLE:

Just add a Server Tag and select the Number of your Tautulli instance.

image.thumb.png.89c80156b372bfca82dbba5732b66328.png

@Boomháuer There you go man!

You could also use this to COMBINE stats form multiple servers as well. So if you split libraries or something like that, you are covered. Or if you want to see your total LAN/WAN bandwidth across all PLEX streams across multiple servers, etc...

Just add 2 or more Server Tags like: 

server = "1" OR server = "2"

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, falconexe said:

You could also use this to COMBINE stats form multiple servers as well. So if you split libraries or something like that, you are covered. Or if you want to see your total LAN/WAN bandwidth across all PLEX streams across multiple servers, etc...

Just add 2 or more Server Tags like: 

server = "1" AND server = "2"

When I try to combine them using the server = "1" AND server = "2" I get N/A instead of a number.  However, I can select server = "1" or I can select server = "2" and get the appropriate number of streams.  I'll work on this some more and let you know what I come up with if I find anything.

Edited by Boomháuer
43 minutes ago, Boomháuer said:

When I try to combine them using the server = "1" AND server = "2" I get N/A instead of a number.  However, I can select server = "1" or I can select server = "2" and get the appropriate number of streams.  I'll work on this some more and let you know what I come up with if I find anything.

SORRY. Use “OR”. Updated my original...it was late.

This logic states look for server 1 or server 2.

It would be impossible for both servers to be (one server). So it can’t be both 1 and 2, but you can query 1 or 2 (giving you a dataset of both).

BOOLEAN LOGIC...

Edited by falconexe
10 minutes ago, falconexe said:

SORRY. Use “OR”. Updated my original...

This logic states look for server 1 or server 2. But it would be impossible for both servers to be (one). So it can’t be both 1 and 2, but you can query both 1 or 2 (giving you a dataset of both).

BOOLEAN LOGIC...

That's not it either.  I edited the Current Streams to say the following:

• default Tautulli WHERE type = current_stream_stats AND server = 1 OR server = 2

This changed the current streams from 1 to 0

I left the Current Transcode Streams alone with the following and it's reporting correctly:

• default Tautulli WHERE type = current_stream_stats AND server = 1

This is reporting correctly as 1 stream Transcoding

Grafana Server 02.PNG

I'm having trouble getting this fully up and running. I feel like I've read through all the steps to get it setup and didn't have any questions as I went through the process, but I'm still not getting data into the dashboard. Pretty sure these 2 errors in my Grafana log are my issue:

2021-01-14T00:41:20Z E! [inputs.apcupsd] Error in plugin: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:3551: connect: connection refused
2021-01-14T00:41:20Z E! [inputs.ipmi_sensor] Error in plugin: failed to run command /usr/sbin/ipmitool sdr: exit status 1 - Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0: No such file or directory

I have a UPS that's giving me data in Unraid without issue. And I've installed the IPMI plugin, but I'm not sure if I need to do additional configuration on it to get it working.

2 hours ago, mudsloth said:

I'm having trouble getting this fully up and running. I feel like I've read through all the steps to get it setup and didn't have any questions as I went through the process, but I'm still not getting data into the dashboard. Pretty sure these 2 errors in my Grafana log are my issue:

I have a UPS that's giving me data in Unraid without issue. And I've installed the IPMI plugin, but I'm not sure if I need to do additional configuration on it to get it working.

Unfortunately, I'm crazy busy with my professional work, and will be until this weekend. I have not seen those before. And I find it odd that you getting ZERO data in Grafana. Usually if these 2 plugins were broken, you would get other stuff reporting at least. The fact that you have nothing sounds like a fundamental install issue with one of the 3 main dockers (Grafana/Telegraf/InfluxDB). Are you by chance using GUS?

Please check your docker parameters, docker config/ini files, all dependencies found on page 1 on this topic, and Gilbn's tutorial website if you haven't already. Also have a look at the video series that was posted a few pages back for some additional insight.

@GilbN, or anyone else, have any thoughts, or ever run into/seen this?

1 hour ago, DisposableHero said:

Awesome work!

What's the CPU usage supposed to be with this dashboard? My influxdb docker goes nuts as soon as I open it, maxing all four assigned cores in the GUI and the HTOP below. 

image.png.15ebb43487dfbe1847472416f948cf9f.png

EDIT: I removed a few of the data intensive charts and things are much quicker now.

Not like that! Mine barely registers. What were the charts? What was your timeline?

Edited by falconexe
18 hours ago, falconexe said:

Hmm. You down for a virtual meeting? PM me if you are. We can figure it out.

@Boomháuer Please screenshot your query. We may have to refine the query with a GROUP BY clause and/or MATH (SUM).

@falconexe thank you for the offer but I got busy with a few work things and am now just getting back to responding, I apologize for the delay.  I'm at work now but at least able to check messages :)

Per your request
I've attached my query below, let me know what you think.

Grafana Server 03.PNG

Thanks for creating this dashboard, I was able to install it yesterday following the excellent videos created by Nate.

I am currently experiencing a couple of small issues, I do not see any readings for System Temps, System Power or Fan Speeds, I am using sensors not IPMI as I have a Gigabyte X99 motherboard. I enabled the sensors option in the applicable panels and restarted all of the dockers but no change.

I also noticed that the Plex stats map is not showing any location data and neither are the Plex stream logs in the table, I did signup for Maxmind as per the videos and entered my key.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

19 hours ago, falconexe said:

Unfortunately, I'm crazy busy with my professional work, and will be until this weekend. I have not seen those before. And I find it odd that you getting ZERO data in Grafana. Usually if these 2 plugins were broken, you would get other stuff reporting at least. The fact that you have nothing sounds like a fundamental install issue with one of the 3 main dockers (Grafana/Telegraf/InfluxDB). Are you by chance using GUS?

Please check your docker parameters, docker config/ini files, all dependencies found on page 1 on this topic, and Gilbn's tutorial website if you haven't already. Also have a look at the video series that was posted a few pages back for some additional insight.

@GilbN, or anyone else, have any thoughts, or ever run into/seen this?

Sorry, I said that wrong. I am getting some data in Grafana, but not everything. Array and Cache utilization is populating, as well as CPU and RAM stats. In the top part for setting variables, though, none of my disks are listed when for specifying Flash, Cache, Parity, or Array drives. System temps and power info are not showing. I'm guessing my setup is the issue, though I have read through the instructions a few times. I'll check out the videos, too.

I was hoping the errors I'm getting would be recognizable to someone and there would be straightforward fixes. I'll keep fiddling with stuff. :)

Edited by mudsloth
16 minutes ago, mudsloth said:

Sorry, I said that wrong. I am getting some data in Grafana, but not everything. Array and Cache utilization is populating, as well as CPU and RAM stats. In the top part for setting variables, though, none of my disks are listed when for specifying Flash, Cache, Parity, or Array drives. System temps and power info are not showing. I'm guessing my setup is the issue, though I have read through the instructions a few times. I'll check out the videos, too.

I was hoping the errors I'm getting would be recognizable to someone and there would be straightforward fixes. I'll keep fiddling with stuff. :)

Never seen those errors before. Sounds like DiskIO and/or SMART are having problems if you are not getting drives to populate in the variable drop downs. I’ll check back this weekend. 

If any one else can assist, please chime in. Thanks guys!

1- Thanks for the dashboard, looks great.. 

2- I am up and running but am curious about how much data the influx DB will use? How long will it keep data from telegraf and can I modify that somewhere? I installed the dockers on my caches drive and would not want it to fill up , i might need to move it to a non ssd drive in order to preserve the health of my SSD but not sure yet. 

55 minutes ago, DoboY said:

1- Thanks for the dashboard, looks great.. 

2- I am up and running but am curious about how much data the influx DB will use? How long will it keep data from telegraf and can I modify that somewhere? I installed the dockers on my caches drive and would not want it to fill up , i might need to move it to a non ssd drive in order to preserve the health of my SSD but not sure yet. 

Haven't messed with InfluxDB for a while but if I remember right you should be able to set retention policies.

Does this help with what you are looking for?
https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2.0/reference/api/influxdb-1x/dbrp/#default-retention-policies

22 hours ago, wedge22 said:

Thanks for creating this dashboard, I was able to install it yesterday following the excellent videos created by Nate.

I am currently experiencing a couple of small issues, I do not see any readings for System Temps, System Power or Fan Speeds, I am using sensors not IPMI as I have a Gigabyte X99 motherboard. I enabled the sensors option in the applicable panels and restarted all of the dockers but no change.

I also noticed that the Plex stats map is not showing any location data and neither are the Plex stream logs in the table, I did signup for Maxmind as per the videos and entered my key.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

I am also using Sensors.  This is how I got them showing up.

temps

image.png.27fe7b6a22477987cd72dea6c3e0aa36.png

Power

image.png.27d8f747259901731b375be773157df4.png

fan

image.png.d1fc0a3e08a263a0af3964c5fd830697.png

End Result

image.thumb.png.cb6d9603ee9bccc63fd2d5a26fdcd233.png

Edited by mattekure

Just updated from 1.4 to 1.5 to confirm that I'm still having this odd issue.

I had replaced an older 4TB drive with a new 8TB drive, but left the old drive in the server when I booted it back up. Yes, this was a silly idea and I'm not sure why I did it, but I went ahead and added that drive to the Unassigned Drive(s) variable. I just upgraded a different 4TB to 8TB and removed both of the now unused 4TB drives (including the one that had been listed in Unassigned Drives).

However, the dashboard, under both 1.4 and now 1.5 are showing a constant 301.07MB/s read rate on the Unassigned I/O graph. As I understand it, with no devices assigned to the Unassigned Drives variable, nothing should be showing here. What would you recommend I do to trouble shoot?

image.png.096aae7899eafb11e56bb282ecc67c67.png

image.png.c37fc8e21d6235c0b4d3bc4fe418e22f.png

The only customization I've done to my 1.5 install so far is to assign drives to the proper categories. I've yet to delete all the Plex stuff (I don't run it) or do any of my drive overrides to make nice names on the I/O and temp graphs.

Thanks, once again, for all your efforts on this!

On 1/15/2021 at 3:21 PM, FreeMan said:

Just updated from 1.4 to 1.5 to confirm that I'm still having this odd issue.

I had replaced an older 4TB drive with a new 8TB drive, but left the old drive in the server when I booted it back up. Yes, this was a silly idea and I'm not sure why I did it, but I went ahead and added that drive to the Unassigned Drive(s) variable. I just upgraded a different 4TB to 8TB and removed both of the now unused 4TB drives (including the one that had been listed in Unassigned Drives).

However, the dashboard, under both 1.4 and now 1.5 are showing a constant 301.07MB/s read rate on the Unassigned I/O graph. As I understand it, with no devices assigned to the Unassigned Drives variable, nothing should be showing here. What would you recommend I do to trouble shoot?

image.png.096aae7899eafb11e56bb282ecc67c67.png

image.png.c37fc8e21d6235c0b4d3bc4fe418e22f.png

The only customization I've done to my 1.5 install so far is to assign drives to the proper categories. I've yet to delete all the Plex stuff (I don't run it) or do any of my drive overrides to make nice names on the I/O and temp graphs.

Thanks, once again, for all your efforts on this!

I literally just went through this same issue after swapping my unassigned drives. What fixed it was a complete reboot of my UNRAID server and then clearing my browser cookies and restarting the dashboard. Try that and report back.

• Thanks 1
On 1/13/2021 at 3:23 AM, mattekure said:

Also, after setting up varken and the plex monitoring stuff, I noticed that two of the panel types were not included with grafana by default, so they showed an error.  It was the pie chart panel and the worldmap panel plugin.  They were easy to install just by going to the grafana console and typing.

grafana-cli plugins install grafana-piechart-panel

grafana-cli plugins install grafana-worldmap-panel

Once I did that they worked just fine.  

I had an issue with the map and this worked for me :) 

Does anyone know how to set the defult location the map will load on? Its always loading the US first, being in Australia it would be ideal if it centred there first,