Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who can't get the "Documentary Shows" and "Anime Shows" counters working?  Not sure how it's pulling this genre information, or if I could change it to pull a different genre, but mine just show N/A: image.png.069468378461bad64275c6922bd4046a.png

I'd love to get these working and be able to tweak them if possible.  Haven't been able to dig up anything on how to do that though.

Also, I'd love to add a map that shows all the locations of the IP addresses I've ever streamed to (not just the one's I'm actively streaming to) if possible.

Any help is appreciated!  This is so cool though, thanks to everyone who put time/effort into it.  What a wonderful tool.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Nealon said:

Am I the only one who can't get the "Documentary Shows" and "Anime Shows" counters working?  Not sure how it's pulling this genre information, or if I could change it to pull a different genre, but mine just show N/A: image.png.069468378461bad64275c6922bd4046a.png

I'd love to get these working and be able to tweak them if possible.  Haven't been able to dig up anything on how to do that though.

Also, I'd love to add a map that shows all the locations of the IP addresses I've ever streamed to (not just the one's I'm actively streaming to) if possible.

Any help is appreciated!  This is so cool though, thanks to everyone who put time/effort into it.  What a wonderful tool.

You need to edit the query by selecting your proper Plex Library section. If your library section names happen to mach the UUD (mine since I'm the developer) exactly, they will just magically work. So edit the panel, head over to the query, and click the library section tag and select from the auto populated drop own menu. Do this for all fo the N/As and you'll be in business. You can also copy any of these, change the color if you want, pick a different section, and change the name. So you can add things like Stand-Up, UFC, Home Movies, etc. This is just a template. Make it your own...

And for the map that shows all locations, that should be possible. I'll see what I can figure out.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nealon said:

Like falconexe said, "You need to edit the query by selecting your proper Plex Library section. If your library section names happen to mach the UUD (mine since I'm the developer) exactly, they will just magically work. So edit the panel, head over to the query, and click the library section tag and select from the auto populated drop own menu. Do this for all fo the N/As and you'll be in business."

You should also change the Panel title and Alias by fields to the new type of show.

plex_examplet 2021-02-06 200430.jpg

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, hogfixer said:

Like falconexe said, "You need to edit the query by selecting your proper Plex Library section. If your library section names happen to mach the UUD (mine since I'm the developer) exactly, they will just magically work. So edit the panel, head over to the query, and click the library section tag and select from the auto populated drop own menu. Do this for all fo the N/As and you'll be in business."

You should also change the Panel title and Alias by fields to the new type of show.

plex_examplet 2021-02-06 200430.jpg

Ha Ha. Love the “Japanese Monster Movies”. You have a whole section just for them. Nice...

2 hours ago, falconexe said:

You need to edit the query by selecting your proper Plex Library section. If your library section names happen to mach the UUD (mine since I'm the developer) exactly, they will just magically work. So edit the panel, head over to the query, and click the library section tag and select from the auto populated drop own menu. Do this for all fo the N/As and you'll be in business. You can also copy any of these, change the color if you want, pick a different section, and change the name. So you can add things like Stand-Up, UFC, Home Movies, etc. This is just a template. Make it your own...

And for the map that shows all locations, that should be possible. I'll see what I can figure out.

Ahhh, they're just the library names... so if I wanted the documentary portion to work, I'd have to split out all my documentaries into separate libraries.  Got it.  Thank you very much for clarifying that.

And let me know if I can help at all on the all locations map, though I'm guessing it'd be more difficult to collaborate.  Mostly just didn't mean to shove that off on you, thank you for your help though!

And thanks to @hogfixer too!

• Thanks 1

Hi folks - 

I'm trying to get the Varken side of things working, and seem to be having some difficulties.

Is there an existing support thread for it somewhere?  The Installation guide on the wiki seems to be blank.

I'm updating the Varken.ini with the API keys to Tatulli, and after I do so, Varken refuses to start. I'm sure it's something obvious, but I'm banging my head against it.

10 hours ago, Pope Viper said:

Hi folks - 

I'm trying to get the Varken side of things working, and seem to be having some difficulties.

Is there an existing support thread for it somewhere?  The Installation guide on the wiki seems to be blank.

I'm updating the Varken.ini with the API keys to Tatulli, and after I do so, Varken refuses to start. I'm sure it's something obvious, but I'm banging my head against it.

Can you post your unRAID log of Varken? My guess is that you did not go through the process of getting a maxmind license key and it's failing to download the database upon start which would cause it to fail. You can sign up for a free account here: https://www.maxmind.com/en/geolite2/signup

I am quite happy with 1.5, some adjustments are needed for my configuration obviously and I tackle this once in a while.

Most of the time I manage to make the changes on my own but a few things are not that easy for me.

1. I'd rather have the Array / Plex growth on the last 7d / 30d / 365d rather than the active week / month / year. I think it would provide a more regular progression and not have such a big change one day to the other. If you agree and integrate this into 1.6, I'll live with it until then. If not, I'd appreciate some help on how to change this on my side.
  2. The other point is quite strange and I suppose that it is not widespread or other people would definitely have reported it. My Docker RAM Graph can reach several Exabyte. My server is good, but not THAT good ! :D any idea where to look ?

image.thumb.png.e0c4c4efd6eac027070e5579b3d983e7.png 

image.png

Edited by ChatNoir
un-necessary image

I finally took the time to set this up and it's pretty cool... I saw it when it was first announced but never had time to figure out what to do with it.

I will say that I thought I had Plex stats working, and then they weren't.. so did I ever have them working? IDK... so I was thinking to myself "hmm".. and started looking around... on page 24, I think, of this thread I saw to create a varken data source for UUD which I guess I never created... or wasn't saved? Not sure...

Someone, really, absolutely, needs to create a new, updated, step by step installation guide for every single aspect of this and get it posted in the first thread...  There are way too many steps involved and too many pages to go through to find every little detail of this.  Very neat addon but very detailed to install, but not worth scouring 32+ pages of information..

Also, don't know how useful it would be to add or display, but since this is the "ultimate" dashboard, is there a way to integrate stats from / like this: 

Edited by Energen
22 hours ago, Pope Viper said:

Hi folks - 

I was having this problem as well............. it SEEMS to be down to the startup order of the docker containers.

My startup order is now influxdb -> telegraf -> tautulli -> varken -> grafana

Previously varken was somewhere closer to influxdb and was always not-running. Changed the order and haven't had a problem since.

* if this is accurate then it's a good tip for a guide to setting this up!

OK, I had most of this up and running with GUS, but decided I would rather not have all services within one docker, so I removed GUS, and went the InfluxDB/Telegraf/Grafana route.   

Influx went fine, I'm currently jacking around with Telegraph.   I've got the basic telegraf.conf in place, however, the post arguments don't seem to be working for me.   I've tried to telegraf console to install the smartmontools, but I'm apparently not getting the syntax down correctly.

I've tried the apk add commands, but not getting anywhere.

I'm an old school Windows guy, and getting there slowly with Linux, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, I worked on it today, and finally have made some progress.

I've got Varken up and running, feeding data into UUD, turns out that I hadn't designated the set the Varken DB into the various panels.

So, that being said.   I've got a few questions:

1) During my first attempt at this, I was able to designate my Cache/Array/Parity/Flash drives.   On this attempt, when I select the drop down for a given drive, my only option is "None"

image.thumb.png.61bf7a256a7af0b862211aad401055a0.png

image.thumb.png.e3dbbc8614551c06c34ad9f00e8ed099.png

I am seeing array stats, and the drives are showing up under the Drive S.M.A.R.T Health overview

image.thumb.png.f52266523826ecda6360b1a67f7324a7.png

So I'm really not sure why the drives aren't populating in the Flash/Cache/Parity/Array areas.

3) Some panels indicate that they require IPMI and REGEX.  I've installed the IPMI tools, but not sure how to do REGEX.

Also, I'm seeing this in my telegraf log:

2021-02-12T23:17:50Z E! [inputs.sensors] Error in plugin: failed to run command /usr/bin/sensors -A -u: exit status 1 -

So I need some assistance in addressing that.

Thanks for any help!

Is the `Array Growth (Day)` chart designed to show new data added since midnight <My timezone>? If so, I don't think mine's working right. Here's what it's showing currently:

image.png.1324666b5779bf0d00dfb57652bfaa1c.png

And here's my TZ setting: image.png.b43459b1f9c8372a63a40cf48718e006.png

I can only account for about 3GB of data added since midnight. I've checked my backup directory and have had very little added there of late.

As I was typing this, I got to wondering if this shows the data added in the previous 24 hours, as noted in the TZ settings screen shot. If that's the case, why does the growth graph start at zero for a little while before climbing? Does that not show growth over the time period?

1 hour ago, FreeMan said:

Is the `Array Growth (Day)` chart designed to show new data added since midnight <My timezone>? If so, I don't think mine's working right. Here's what it's showing currently:

image.png.1324666b5779bf0d00dfb57652bfaa1c.png

And here's my TZ setting: image.png.b43459b1f9c8372a63a40cf48718e006.png

I can only account for about 3GB of data added since midnight. I've checked my backup directory and have had very little added there of late.

As I was typing this, I got to wondering if this shows the data added in the previous 24 hours, as noted in the TZ settings screen shot. If that's the case, why does the growth graph start at zero for a little while before climbing? Does that not show growth over the time period?

Are you using Cache? It won’t show anything until the mover runs and the data hits the actual array. It is designed to pick up data changes within 30 seconds (assuming your Telgraf config update interval matches). The selected Grafana timeframe has no impact on these growth queries because they are set to explicit relative time intervals individually. In the upper right you’ll see “Today so far” in blue. This means that the graph starts at Midnight. The uptick may have been your mover. Mine works perfectly...

41 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Are you using Cache? It won’t show anything until the mover runs and the data hits the actual array. It is designed to pick up data changes within 30 seconds (assuming your Telgraf config update interval matches). The selected Grafana timeframe has no impact on these growth queries because they are set to explicit relative time intervals individually. In the upper right you’ll see “Today so far” in blue. This means that the graph starts at Midnight. The uptick may have been your mover. Mine works perfectly...

Ah! That makes perfect sense and, yeah, I knew that. This makes sense - that's yesterday's growth, since it was all written to cache and the mover ran around 01:30 today.

Help! What am I doing wrong? Thanks

fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.12/main/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.12/community/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
v3.12.3-119-gadcf08925b [http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.12/main]
v3.12.3-114-g726dc65b43 [http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.12/community]
OK: 12751 distinct packages available
OK: 58 MiB in 36 packages
2021-02-21T02:12:38Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.17.2
2021-02-21T02:12:38Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf
2021-02-21T02:12:38Z E! [telegraf] Error running agent: Error loading config file /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf: plugin inputs.smart: line 2329: configuration specified the fields ["endpoint"], but they weren't used

telegraf.conf

Edited by PLAY3R
7 hours ago, PLAY3R said:

Help! What am I doing wrong? Thanks

fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.12/main/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.12/community/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
v3.12.3-119-gadcf08925b [http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.12/main]
v3.12.3-114-g726dc65b43 [http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.12/community]
OK: 12751 distinct packages available
2021-02-21T02:12:38Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.17.2
2021-02-21T02:12:38Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf
2021-02-21T02:12:38Z E! [telegraf] Error running agent: Error loading config file /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf: plugin inputs.smart: line 2329: configuration specified the fields ["endpoint"], but they weren't used

telegraf.conf 274.47 kB · 2 downloads

You have uncommented the endpoint line in [[inputs.docker_log]] but not uncommented "[[inputs.docker_log]]"

IDK if anyone has done this with their Grafana Dashboard for this yet but I wanted to share it with everyone in case anyone else was curious. 

There are times when I am not home that I like to check on my server using Grafana and often wondered how I could tell if my UPS was using the AC or the Battery at any given time. I wondered this more so when I knew there was questionable weather near my house. 

Attached are screenshots of a Query I made that shows you whether or not your UPS is currently using the battery or if it is using the AC power. 

I'm not particularly good with grafana, I'm still learning, so I don't know if this will work for everyone's setup and UPS but if it does I hope you find it as useful as I do. 

PowerStatusExample.png

PowerStatusQuery.png

• Like 1