Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)


776 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SPOautos said:

Well, I may have missed understood something.....in the OP of this thread where you have 

👉 Create Telegraf Configuration File 👈 (DO THIS FIRST!)

 

Is the Telegraf Configuration File the same thing as the UUD 1.3 that is already installed in GUS or is it something different that I need to install? When I go into GUS and to the 1.3 dashboard there is already a lot of stuff but does the Telegraf Config file change up the dashboard from its default?

 

I'm not sure how I install that using GUS.


You may still need to enable plugins and settings in the Telegraf config that comes with GUS. Wether you make your own, or use the one that comes with GUS, you still need to verify/implement the correct configs. Just ensure everything in the dependencies section is done.

Link to post
  • Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donate:      Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)   Current Release: Version 1.5 (Added Real Time PLEX Monitoring) UUD Version 1.6 is in Active Development!    

Something really cool happened. I woke up this morning and my profile had this green wording on it.       I just officially became the newest UNRAID "Community Developer". I

@SpencerJ @limetech   DEVELOPER UPDATE:   Another night. Another 8 hours into UUD Version 1.6. I'm over 20 hours into 1.6 and counting. And just passed 120 hours over the lifetime

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

 

That screen shot I posted is what comes up when I hit the save button in the upper right.


Hmm that’s probably something to do with GUS (not me or the UUD) and the default rights that were set.

 

2 options.

 

Save your current JSON to a file, and them completely reimport that JSON into a new dashboard, then delete the old dashboard.

 

Or just download and import my 1.3 JSON on post 1. You’ll need to set everything up again though like variables snd any changes you made.

 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, falconexe said:


Hmm that’s probably something to do with GUS (not me or the UUD) and the default rights that were set.

 

2 options.

 

Save your current JSON to a file, and them completely reimport that JSON into a new dashboard, then delete the old dashboard.

 

Or just download and import my 1.3 JSON on post 1. You’ll need to set everything up again though like variables snd any changes you made.

 

 

Well I think before I go too much farther with customizing things, I may jump over to the GUS support thread and get this figure out where all I have to do is his the save icon. Once I get that fixed up, I'll start making changes. THANKS!

Link to post

Something to consider @falconexe

 

Instead of hard coding column widths for tables like this:

image.png.2b88cb9a5e2ad906add028172cb8c257.png

Consider leaving no column width override. That way columns will autosize no matter what screen resolution or how wide each end-user decides to tweak his/her columns.

 

Your column settings were so wide, I hardly had more than 1 or two visible without side-scrolling. Then I spent a while tweaking the column settings to get them "just right". Then, as an experiment, I deleted all the width overrides and realized I'd wasted a lot of time with the tweaking because they came out basically the same widths on "auto".

Link to post
15 hours ago, falconexe said:

Exiting things are ahead.

Yeah, they're called "off-ramps"!  🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

 

On a more serious note...

15 hours ago, falconexe said:

I'm trying to build the end all be all of dashboards

Maybe consider making some of these things stand alone. Not everybody uses Plex. I realize that it's not hard to "Click -> Remove -> Confirm", but that's kind of annoying for those who may want updates/improvements to the UNRAID core functionality, but not want/need some of the add-ons.

 

To me, having the ability to monitor CPU & RAM usage by docker container in one easy to view graph (the standard WebGUI view is nice, but I do like this much better) is a huge bonus. Having to install then delete the 2nd NIC and 2nd CPU panels that you have is, well, understandable - you're doing all the heavy lifting on this, we're just here griping that it doesn't work on our config. Having to install then delete things for dockers seems, maybe, a little over the top. Multiple CPUs seem very practical (and are, for the most part, limited to 2), while dockers are 100% optional and there are far, far too many to try to include monitoring of everything in one place. Frankly, I would like you to do monitoring for Emby/JellyFin, but, I'd guess you don't run either, so you won't be doing that. Hardly seems fair... ;)

 

#OneMansOpinion

Link to post
3 hours ago, FreeMan said:

Something to consider @falconexe

 

Instead of hard coding column widths for tables like this:

image.png.2b88cb9a5e2ad906add028172cb8c257.png

Consider leaving no column width override. That way columns will autosize no matter what screen resolution or how wide each end-user decides to tweak his/her columns.

 

Your column settings were so wide, I hardly had more than 1 or two visible without side-scrolling. Then I spent a while tweaking the column settings to get them "just right". Then, as an experiment, I deleted all the width overrides and realized I'd wasted a lot of time with the tweaking because they came out basically the same widths on "auto".

 

Yeah I'll check it out and might add to 1.4. It was done like this so that vertically stacked panels lined up with each other.

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
3 hours ago, FreeMan said:

#OneMansOpinion

 

Not sure how I feel about this. I've considered splitting into 2 dashboards. UUD and Ultimate Plex Dashboard (UPD), but the same arguments can be made for those that want a one stop shop. So far the DMs and other feedback that I have received is they want a single screen.

 

Furthermore, I am only adding Varken for Plex. I'm not doing the other Varken capabilities for the "other" stuff that it is capable of, because I do not personally do that other stuff. 

 

In the end the UUD is a great foundation for anyone to build upon. For some it is already too much, for others it doesn't and won't go far enough, and then there are people who are just happy to take what someone else builds them.

 

That is why I am trying to add as much documentation, tutorials, resources, and frankly being as generous as I have with my time to support and assist others.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, falconexe said:

 

Not sure how I feel about this. I've considered splitting into 2 dashboards. UUD and Ultimate Plex Dashboard (UPD), but the same arguments can be made for those that want a one stop shop. So far the DMs and other feedback that I have received is they want a single screen.

 

Furthermore, I am only adding Varken for Plex. I'm not doing the other Varken capabilities for the "other" stuff that it is capable of, because I do not personally do that other stuff. 

 

In the end the UUD is a great foundation for anyone to build upon. For some it is already too much, for others it doesn't and won't go far enough, and then there are people who are just happy to take what someone else builds them.

 

That is why I am trying to add as much documentation, tutorials, resources, and frankly being as generous as I have with my time to support and assist others.

 

I supposed I can release 3 different dashboards. The UUD, the UPD, and then the combined UUPD. However, this triples the work moving forward on development. So again, not sure how I feel about this. It's just easier for me personally with the little time I have to commit to this, to just release the UUD with all possible functionality, and then users can adjust as needed.

 

I just wanted to also point out that no matter what I release, each time an update is provided, users will ALWAYS need to readjust their variables and ANYTHING that they have changed in the previous revision.

 

This has also led me to consider releasing the UUD updates normally, but also offer any user UPON REQUEST a PER PANEL JSON file for those who don't want to lose their personal customizations on an entire dashboard, but also want updates for a specific panel.

 

If anyone is reading this, chime in!

Link to post

Frist of all I must say you have done amazing work in such a short period of time. Always happy to assist with noob questions and that is greatly appreciated. As this is your baby I would say whatever is best for you going forward should be what is best to not consume your entire life. I of course I understand the different view points here. I am amazed how much information can be seen in this panel, yes because I only have a 24 inch screen I have to scrawl but I can easily live with that. I cannot wait how this continues and look forward to 1.4 and 1.5.

Link to post
9 minutes ago, MrLondon said:

Frist of all I must say you have done amazing work in such a short period of time. Always happy to assist with noob questions and that is greatly appreciated. As this is your baby I would say whatever is best for you going forward should be what is best to not consume your entire life. I of course I understand the different view points here. I am amazed how much information can be seen in this panel, yes because I only have a 24 inch screen I have to scrawl but I can easily live with that. I cannot wait how this continues and look forward to 1.4 and 1.5.

 

Thanks. I really appreciate the feedback. This whole thing is a tough nut to crack. It's a massive undertaking to handle all UNRAID systems/hardware, screen sizes, resolutions, etc.

 

I'll keep cranking away at this. Glad you are excited for what's coming, and I appreciate you recognizing that I am trying my best to be respectful of "noob" type questions. Even though they have most likely been covered before, I won't treat them with anything but respect. That is who I am and how I operate.

 

Once 1.4 drops, I'll have a better idea of how we move forward. I am really excited for feedback on this next version. I've added some really cool features that are surprises, and I've not mentioned them yet. I certainly find them useful!

 

Thanks again for this post!

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
11 minutes ago, MrLondon said:

I am amazed how much information can be seen in this panel, yes because I only have a 24 inch screen I have to scrawl but I can easily live with that.

 

BTW, The entire GUI is scaleable for any resolution. So this is not necessarily something you have to live with. I'm happy to help you dial it in. One place to start is to remove any field overrides (Right Side Panel Once You Edit a Query) for COLUMN WIDTH. That will autoscale all fields in tables to your current screen. You can also shrink the width of any panel by simply dragging the bottom right corner to the upper left.

 

Let me know how I can help!

Edited by falconexe
Link to post

Thanks for the kind offer. I was able to reduce the sizes of some of the graphs already. The only thing I still have to work on is the temps are still not displayed but I don't know if that has something to do with AMD. I will wait for your 1.4 as you mention that you will change certain things in there for the sensors plugin.

Link to post
24 minutes ago, MrLondon said:

Thanks for the kind offer. I was able to reduce the sizes of some of the graphs already. The only thing I still have to work on is the temps are still not displayed but I don't know if that has something to do with AMD. I will wait for your 1.4 as you mention that you will change certain things in there for the sensors plugin.

 

I'll be adding some template type queries for sensors. It seems that if you are not on server hardware, IPMI is not available, so you will need to use the sensors plugin. That being said, I do not have AMD hardware, so I cannot write the whole query. I you don't mind, once it is released, maybe we can work together and use your machine as a test bed to dial in the AMD CPU temp queries. Then I can confidently add code into the dash that has been fully tested.

 

I remember working with you back on page 12. You said you got the sensors plugin working. Did you try the suggestion I made here using GilbN's old code?

 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/96895-ultimate-unraid-dashboard-uud/?do=findComment&comment=897019

 

Also, another user said he got his to work using different code found here:

 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/96895-ultimate-unraid-dashboard-uud/?do=findComment&comment=896644

 

On that last one, I wouldn't use moving average, but instead "LAST". Let me know if either of these work out for you.

Link to post

Click the words "ipmi_sensor" and select REMOVE. Also remove the "name" field. Then click the PLUS Button and you should be able to pick the sensors plugin. Then hit the + button again and you can select a specific type of sensor within the sensors plugin. Then click the field (value), and you can select what field in the type of sensor you want to query on.

 

Also where it says "autogen", click that and select and/or type in "default".

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
11 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Click the words "ipmi_sensor" and select REMOVE. Also remove the "name" field. Then click the PLUS Button and you should be able to pick the sensors plugin. Then hit the + button again and you can select a specific type of sensor within the sensors plugin. Then click the field (value), and you can select what field in the type of sensor you want to query on.

 

Also where it says "autogen", click that and select and/or type in "default".

I guess here it would be helpful for someone with another AMD motherboard to post their settings because I looked and I cannot see anything obvious that will show me the cpu temp here, there are lots of values but nothing screams CPU temp.

 

sensors.PNG.1bf15346c6bf8dedb685beb9966e55a9.PNG

Link to post
1 hour ago, MrLondon said:

I guess here it would be helpful for someone with another AMD motherboard to post their settings because I looked and I cannot see anything obvious that will show me the cpu temp here, there are lots of values but nothing screams CPU temp.

 

sensors.PNG.1bf15346c6bf8dedb685beb9966e55a9.PNG

You down for a quick virtual meeting? No video or audio, just chat and you can share your screen with me. We can try this in real time...

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
1 hour ago, falconexe said:

I will DM you now.

 

@MrLondon Hey man. Glad we got your AMD Threadripper CPU temps and fans working!!! Can you post pictures of the queries we made so we can document for others who have to use the "sensors" plugin on consumer hardware, instead of IPMI on server hardware? I'll be adding this code to 1.4 as alternate queries.

 

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
4 minutes ago, falconexe said:

 

@MrLondon Hey man. Glad we got your AMD Threadripper CPU temps and fans working!!! Can you post pictures of the queries we made so we can document for others who have to use the "sensors" plugin on consumer hardware, instead of IPMI on server hardware? I'll be adding this code to 1.4 as alternate queries.

 

 

Also...

 

@MrLondon  Congrats, you are now an Official UUD CONTRIBUTOR (You are now listed as such on Post #1) 🤝🥳

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
On 9/26/2020 at 2:02 PM, Dazog said:

SELECT moving_average("temp_input", 10) FROM "sensors" WHERE ("feature" = 'smbusmaster_0') AND $timeFilter

 

This is how I get my Threadripper temps.

 

@Dazog The smbusmaster_0 was the key "feature" we needed for the Threadripper temps. Thanks for that tip. Since this was a huge help...

 

Congrats, you are now an Official UUD CONTRIBUTOR (You are now listed as such on Post #1) 🤝🥳

Link to post
4 hours ago, falconexe said:

 

@Dazog The smbusmaster_0 was the key "feature" we needed for the Threadripper temps. Thanks for that tip. Since this was a huge help...

 

Congrats, you are now an Official UUD CONTRIBUTOR (You are now listed as such on Post #1) 🤝🥳

Since the 6.9 beta's are now on 5.8

 

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-Energy-Driver-Working-Well

 

I will see if I can pull power usage for Zen/Threadripper people and put the code in here too.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.