Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

13 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Why wait for testdasi to integrate UUD json? You can download the json and import it yourself as a dashboard into Grafana in GUS.  That's how we all did it before testdasi integrated UUD in as a dashboard option.

Thought there was more to it than that......isn't there? I mean...shit....there is even an additional container (varken). I'm sure its more complicated than simply dumping a json.

30 minutes ago, Stupifier said:

Thought there was more to it than that......isn't there? I mean...shit....there is even an additional container (varken). I'm sure its more complicated than simply dumping a json.

For the dashboard itself, you just need the json.  For the additional Plex stuf, yes, you need more docker containers and tweaks to telegraf.conf.  I have not looked at how complicated the Varken, etc. setup is, but, it may not be too hard to install and configure it along side GUS (not integrated in GUS, of course) and import the .json.

• Thanks 1

Varken is pretty straightforward to setup. I’ll probably do a full tutorial post here soon. 

You can also import 1.5 natively into Grafana and just delete or hide the Plex stuff until you are ready. @Hoopster is correct that you don’t need to wait for a GUS update.

Furthermore, GUS won’t ever work fully with the UUD 1.5 unless @testdasi adds the Varken/Tautulli dockers to it. And even if he did that, you would still need to edit the configs for Varken and setup the geomapping. So regardless, you would still need to setup 2 extra dockers (1 if you already use Tautulli).

GUS is totally independent of UUD. And vice versa. All the UUD needs is the 3 base dockers, wether those are installed manually separately, or as a stack via GUS. Using GUS also poses some disadvantages if the base dockers don’t get updated by testdasi, wherein with the manual process, you can update any of the 3 at your leisure.

Using GUS makes it easy, and is a nice entry point, but you lose a lot of control. I do everything myself for a reason, and if you put in the work, there is no reason you can’t as well.

Edited by falconexe
54 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

For the dashboard itself, you just need the json.  For the additional Plex stuf, yes, you need more docker containers and tweaks to telegraf.conf.  I have not looked at how complicated the Varken, etc. setup is, but, it may not be too hard to install and configure it along side GUS (not integrated in GUS, of course) and import the .json.

No tweaks to Telegraf for UUD 1.5, only the Varken config...

• Like 1

Amazing work with UDD, truly superb. I was looking for an Aida64 alternative to use in UNRAID so I could have a secondary display like this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PQQGP7R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that displays system stats.

Whilst the UDD looks amazing, it seems a bit cluttered so would be nice if there was a 'lite' version or is that not necessary?

6 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Why wait for testdasi to integrate UUD json? You can download the json and import it yourself as a dashboard into Grafana in GUS.  That's how we all did it before testdasi integrated UUD in as a dashboard option.

Is there a big difference between GUS and Testdasi? As I may look at that as a replacement as my drive specs and temps and data don't work on GUS. (Everything else does though)

Edited by Stan464
Spelling
28 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

Amazing work with UDD, truly superb. I was looking for an Aida64 alternative to use in UNRAID so I could have a secondary display like this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PQQGP7R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that displays system stats.

Whilst the UDD looks amazing, it seems a bit cluttered so would be nice if there was a 'lite' version or is that not necessary?

Not necessary, as you can modify/move/remove/scale anything you want. I’m just providing all of the “tools”. Everyone should take what I have developed as a foundation, and tailor it to their specific needs and use cases. The UUD was developed on a 4K screen, so most people will need/want to scale it down to accommodate their display capabilities. I like where you are going with the display you linked, so maybe just stick the “Overwatch” (top metrics) section on it...

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Stan464 said:

Is there a big difference between GUS and Testdasi? As I may look at that as a replacement as my drive specs and temps and data don't work on GUS. (Everything else does though)

So @testdasi is the developer who created the Grafana UNRAID Stack (GUS) docker. I am the developer who created the Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD), and I gave permission for testsdi to include my dashboard into GUS.

So you can’t replace GUS with testdasi as he is not software. 😂

There should be no reason you can’t get your drive metrics working. You are most likely missing a dependency like “inputs.smart”. Let is know if you need help.

I wanted to point out some tips that I may have assumed you guys already know, but it definitely helps a lot when you are scaling the dashboard to your monitor. 

So I use CHROME when displaying the UUD. Even at 4K resolution, I STILL HAVE TO set the zoom level on the BROWSER to 75% (Control + Dash/Equals Keys) to fit everything nicely. I also press F11 (In Windows) to make the webpage display as full screen (removing the Chrome GUI elements), then finally set the UUD to "KIOSK" mode when displaying it. There is a little monitor looking button in the upper right of Grafana that will display 1 of 3 modes.

1. Dashboard with Variables Visible (Default)

2. Dashboard with Variables Hidden

3. Dashboard in Full Screen Mode with Variables Hidden (Hit Escape to Exit)

When I have my dash all setup perfectly, and when displaying it, I'll throw it into its own virtual desktop space (Windows 10), with a dedicated Chrome full screen Window/Tab, with Grafana in Kiosk Full Screen mode. Then I use the Control + Windows Key + Left/Right Arrows (In Windows 10) to navigate to that Desktop Tile when I want to monitor my UNRAID server. So it runs 24/7 in the background with its own virtual screen, and I can quickly switch between my Windows 10 virtual desktop spaces (just like OSX).

Furthermore, in Windows 10, you can SNAP any program to a side (Horizontally or Vertically), or any of the 4 corners, by clicking in the app you want to snap, and then pressing the Windows Key + Any Arrow Key. You can also use your mouse and drag a window to a corner to snap it. I usually will snap the UNRAID GUI on the left and UUD on the right so I can see both at once. Or the same thing with file transfers if I want to see how my disks/bandwidth is being impacted, etc...

Just thought I would share some usability tips if you are struggling with fitting everything on a single screen and/or best practices. The pro tip is zooming the browser OUT so that it scales everything all at once and uniformly, rather than you having to touch EVERY SINGLE panel manually.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2
13 hours ago, falconexe said:

So @testdasi is the developer who created the Grafana UNRAID Stack (GUS) docker. I am the developer who created the Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD), and I gave permission for testsdi to include my dashboard into GUS.

So you can’t replace GUS with testdasi as he is not software. 😂

There should be no reason you can’t get your drive metrics working. You are most likely missing a dependency like “inputs.smart”. Let is know if you need help.

I've gotten that bit Resolved now. Few things like array growth ect aren't working but that's not a major issue.

Is there any way I can get Plex Integration working? I tried installing Tautil which went well but it can't talk to the Plex Docker so I've had to move the Tautil to a different UnRAID Server so it can talk to my primary Box.

How would I go about getting that integrated as the GUS has a unique config and I don't know the Influx DB username and pw.

Is there plans to integrate this at all?

thanks Kindly dude.

@testdasi

15 minutes ago, Stan464 said:

I've gotten that bit Resolved now. Few things like array growth ect aren't working but that's not a major issue.

Is there any way I can get Plex Integration working? I tried installing Tautil which went well but it can't talk to the Plex Docker so I've had to move the Tautil to a different UnRAID Server so it can talk to my primary Box.

How would I go about getting that integrated as the GUS has a unique config and I don't know the Influx DB username and pw.

thanks Kindly dude.

@testdasi

I can help you sort out your array growth charts. Everything works, we just need to figure out your specific hang up...

Regarding Plex, I'm doing exactly what you describe now and that is how the UUD 1.5 is designed. PLEX and Tautulli run on the primary server with all 6 dockers running in unison. They are already "integrated" in the fact that no integration is required. They just work, IF you set them up correctly.

UUD versions 1.4 and prior require the following dockers.

• Grafana
  • Telegraf
  • InfluxDB
  • ....OR GUS Which Combines All 3

UUD version 1.5 and higher require the following additional 3 dockers (IF YOU WANT PLEX MONITORING)

• Plex
  • Tautulli
  • Varken
  • GUS DOES NOT Integrate These and May Never Do So

You should not need to mess with any of the base dockers/GUS configs to get Plex monitoring to work. This version 1.5 stuff if totally separate and unrelated to GUS/UUD 1.4 and prior. You only need to setup the Varken Config do get this working.

The Tautulli base install speaking to Plex natively should work out of the box on the same server. Please visit the official Tautulli forum topic and post your communication issues there as I do not support that docker (but I will try to help anyway). You may need to go to the settings page on Tautulli and obtain the API token for Plex by logging into Plex from that docker's settings page. You may also want to verify the default ports Plex/Tautulli are using do not overlap with any other docker ports you are using. This will immediately break communication. There is a bunch of other setup and options within there too you should check out. Get that fixed before even trying to use the UUD 1.5 for Plex monitoring.

Once Plex and Tautulli are speaking to each other (on the same server), then you can go to the next step and install Varken and thereby the new datasource within InfluxDB called "Varken".

I will post my Varken Config screenshot next so everyone has it...

It is getting more apparent to me that I need to just do a DETAILED step by step install/config post for everyone, when I find some time, as that is a massive undertaking. This stuff isn't that complicated overall, but there are a lot of details and order of events type stuff that can get confusing. Many have had great success with UUD and the instructions I already provided in post #2 of this topic, but I'm seeing that others get stuck at that point which is unfortunate. As always, I will do my best to help anyone and everyone. If you want the UUD, there is no reason you can't have it. That being said, I expect anyone trying to install this will put in there due diligence and best effort. We all start somewhere and I'm glad the UUD is an entry point for folks to dive into some more hard core IT stuff LOL.

44 minutes ago, Stan464 said:

thanks Kindly dude.

@testdasi

And I just saw that you directed that question to @testdasi LMAO. So yeah, that will be up to him if he wants to integrate PLEX/Tautulli/Varken into GUS (at a minimum Varken assuming users already use Plex/Tautulli separately) to support the UUD 1.5+ moving forward. I suspect this is not in the plans, as it is A LOT of stuff to maintain on his part, but if he does it, freakin sweet.

I personally do not use GUS because I want control over every single piece of my UUD setup. When I finally post the DETAILED tutorial, I will be providing it for a full fledged install not using GUS. Theoretically, someone could take that info and apply it to GUS as well. What testdasi has done with GUS is fantastic, and I give him a lot of credit for trying to make this stuff easier for people. I just don't use it, but I fully endorse it for those who benefit from it.

Edited by falconexe

Here is my Varken Config (ini File). I have redacted it of course. This is a streamlined version which removes everything from Varken except Tautuilli for Plex monitoring. You'll notice that the other services are set to "false".  Adjust everything in RED for your server including IP addresses, KEYs, and Passwords. This should be placed in the following location:

Path: \\YourUNRAIDServer\appdata\Varken

File Name: varken.ini

FilePath: \\YourUNRAIDServer\appdata\Varken\varken.ini

[global]
sonarr_server_ids = false
radarr_server_ids = false
lidarr_server_ids = false
tautulli_server_ids = 1
ombi_server_ids = false
sickchill_server_ids = false
unifi_server_ids = false

maxmind_license_key = abcdefghij12345678910 <<< Put Your Max Mind Geo Mapping API Key Here

[influxdb]
url = 192.168.###.### <<< Put Your InfluxDB Docker IP Address Here
port = 8086 <<< Put Your InfluxDB Docker Port Here
ssl = false
verify_ssl = false
username = root

password = abc123 <<< Put Your Password Here Or Use the Default of "root"

[tautulli-1]
url = 192.168.###.###:8181 <<< Put Your Tautulli Docker IP Address/Port Here
fallback_ip = 1.1.1.1
apikey = abcdefghij12345678910 <<< Put Your Plex/Tautulli API Key Here

ssl = false
verify_ssl = false
get_activity = true
get_activity_run_seconds = 30
get_stats = true
get_stats_run_seconds = 30

Here is what the INI file looks like (redacted pic):

1187533049_VarkenConfig.thumb.png.d44fd7508856559b941d534fa7c96903.png

Here is what the Varken appdata folder should look like once everything is working.

image.thumb.png.925aeac343883bf4f9a24efb269f23a8.png

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 1

Here is another key element to the UUD Version 1.5. This new datasource should have been created WITHIN GRAFANA if you follow Varken's default installation instructions. However, I thought it would be helpful for everyone to see it!

NEW DATASOURCE FOR THE UUD 1.5 (VARKEN):

1236142371_VarkenDatasource.thumb.png.f67ea2b850e18e462cb54108128bfe4e.png

Once setup, you should see 2 datasources. The default one we used for UUD 1.4 and prior (yours may be named differently than mine), and the new one named "Varken" which will be required for UUD version 1.5 onward if you want real time Plex monitoring.

2100756160_GrafanaDatasources.thumb.png.95a713485263cec46b0aea81ba8ad55f.png

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.4 and 1.5 give me some issues that 1.3 doesn't.  Most of the array info panels just say No Data but they work on 1.3.  When I look into it the differnece seems to be that 1.3 references path=/rootfs/mnt/user0 whereas 1.4 & 1.5 references path=/mnt/user0.

My question is why the change and why doesn't it work for my system but apparently works for others?

25 minutes ago, RockDawg said:

1.4 and 1.5 give me some issues that 1.3 doesn't.  Most of the array info panels just say No Data but they work on 1.3.  When I look into it the differnece seems to be that 1.3 references path=/rootfs/mnt/user0 whereas 1.4 & 1.5 references path=/mnt/user0.

My question is why the change and why doesn't it work for my system but apparently works for others?

Same issue for me. Like array growth size ect.

Live stats like temps work fine now..

3 hours ago, RockDawg said:

Yeah I made that change based on personal expereince/feedback/DMs that others were saying it would not work with the Root File System. Mine will only work with rootfs omitted, and "rootfs" does not show up in the Grafana dash within the path tag drop down menu. I have not spent the time looking into the differences with invoking the rootfs prefix or not. I suspect it gets invoked behind the scenes if you start with mnt while in UNRAID, as it is implied perhaps as a global variable/reference, where Grafana does not like it in some situations.

Furthermore, the user vs user0 debate is the same deal, regarding those that use cache Vs. not cache. I went with assuming users have cache using /mnt/user0 in UUD (excludes cache) and they can change the path if needed to /mnt/user which includes all disks (no cache). 

Example Looking At Array Growth:

• Cache Present = TRUE
    • Then use /mnt/user0 to exclude cache and only get actual array disk (non cache disk) growth.
  • Cache Present = FALSE
    • Then use /mnt/user to include all disks, as cache is not present, and the user0 path does not exist.

On 1/1/2019 at 7:34 AM, remotevisitor said:

/mnt/user0 only contains the files/directories on the data disks.

/mnt/user contains the files/directories on the cache and data disks.

usually you want to use /mnt/user unless you are doing something which must exclude any files that happen to be on cache disks.

The UUD instructions state that users must configure their dash for their system. However, I want to find that sweet spot where most everything works out of the box. @GilbN any thoughts here? Any REGEX we can leverage to look for both rootfs and/or mnt? Like a version of the code where it works for all scenarios? Perhaps you have already figured this out...

Edited by falconexe

@RockDawgI think i saw you're the GUS docker for your Grafana? I believe when I setup Grafana on my server to test a while back, i used the standalone docker and those I had to manually configure the paths i wanted (/mnt/user or /mnt/user0 or /) for the container. When I started messing with this dashboard, I installed the GUS docker and in that / is mapped to /rootfs/ for the container. 

Not sure if that kinda of answers/helps you with anything but I can say, you aren't alone. The array stats didn't work for me either I had to go in and adjust the panels to point to "/rootfs/mnt/user0"

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.00.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.04.37 PM.png

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ElBurrito said:

@RockDawgI think i saw you're the GUS docker for your Grafana? I believe when I setup Grafana on my server to test a while back, i used the standalone docker and those I had to manually configure the paths i wanted (/mnt/user or /mnt/user0 or /) for the container. When I started messing with this dashboard, I installed the GUS docker and in that / is mapped to /rootfs/ for the container. 

Not sure if that kinda of answers/helps you with anything but I can say, you aren't alone. The array stats didn't work for me either I had to go in and adjust the panels to point to "/rootfs/mnt/user0"

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.00.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.04.37 PM.png

Ah that makes COMPLETE sense now. Thanks for pointing this out!

People using GUS have a different hardcoded path due to using the all in one package (which testdasi set in the GUS docker parameters), whereas most UUD users, including myself, who use the standalone dockers, it just works as currently coded.

I’ll add Gilbn’s trick to a development panel, and then I’ll need some people to test the dev code on GUS. If resolved for both flavors of docker setup, I’ll release the fix officially in UUD version 1.6.

I’ll be in touch once we’re ready to test. Thanks guys.

Edited by falconexe