Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

13 hours ago, falconexe said:

I literally just went through this same issue after swapping my unassigned drives. What fixed it was a complete reboot of my UNRAID server and then clearing my browser cookies and restarting the dashboard. Try that and report back.

I simply cleared cache and did a ctrl-F5 hard reload of the page.

Too bad, I was getting some decent write speeds on that drive!

image.png.8fae53cb1ae1349cb220d2d61a6b4d8e.png

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, brent3000 said:

I had an issue with the map and this worked for me :) 

Does anyone know how to set the defult location the map will load on? Its always loading the US first, being in Australia it would be ideal if it centred there first, 

Yes, I answered this in detail a few pages back. Search the topic for “Map”.

Hi guys, anyone know what could be causing this error:

Error: Unable to establish IPMI v1.5 / RMCP session
2021-01-17T20:24:10Z E! [inputs.ipmi_sensor] Error in plugin: failed to run command /usr/sbin/ipmitool -H 192.168.0.131 -U telegraf -P telegraf -I lan sdr: exit status 1 - Error: Unable to establish LAN session

This is trying to connect to my Dell R710s IDRAC express using a new read only account iv created. 

I have used the additional argument in telegrafs configuration that's supposed to download ipmi tools but my guess is it hasn't downloaded? Is there a easy way for me to test this / manually install ipmi tools? Still finding my feet when it comes to Linux based systems so my apologies if this is a obvious problem that iv failed to spot. 

Thanks in advanced for any help. 

Edit I'm on the most recent stable build of unraid and I have enabled my Idrac access over lan and can open a connection to it using the login iv given to telegraf in my browser. 

Here is my telegraf conf section regarding ipmi I have changed username and password for obvious reasons everything else is identical. 

GNU nano 4.6                    telegraf.conf                              
# # Read metrics from the bare metal servers via IPMI
 [[inputs.ipmi_sensor]]
#   ## optionally specify the path to the ipmitool executable                #   # path = "/usr/bin/ipmitool"
#   ##
#   ## Setting 'use_sudo' to true will make use of sudo to run ipmitool.     #   ## Sudo must be configured to allow the telegraf user to run ipmitool
#   ## without a password.
#   ## use_sudo = true
#   ##
#   ## optionally force session privilege level. Can be CALLBACK, USER, OPER>#   # privilege = "ADMINISTRATOR"
#   ##
#   ## optionally specify one or more servers via a url matching             #   ##  [username[:password]@][lan[(ip)]]
#   ##  e.g.                                                                 #   ##    root:passwd@lan(127.0.0.1)
#   ##                                                                       #   ## if no servers are specified, local machine sensor stats will be queri>#   ##
 servers = ["username:password@lan(192.168.0.131)"]                          #
#   ## Recommended: use metric 'interval' that is a multiple of 'timeout' to>#   ## gaps or overlap in pulled data
   interval = "30s"
#
#   #

Edited by Joe L
1 hour ago, Joe L said:

Hi guys, anyone know what could be causing this error:

Error: Unable to establish IPMI v1.5 / RMCP session
2021-01-17T20:24:10Z E! [inputs.ipmi_sensor] Error in plugin: failed to run command /usr/sbin/ipmitool -H 192.168.0.131 -U telegraf -P telegraf -I lan sdr: exit status 1 - Error: Unable to establish LAN session

This is trying to connect to my Dell R710s IDRAC express using a new read only account iv created. 

I have used the additional argument in telegrafs configuration that's supposed to download ipmi tools but my guess is it hasn't downloaded? Is there a easy way for me to test this / manually install ipmi tools? Still finding my feet when it comes to Linux based systems so my apologies if this is a obvious problem that iv failed to spot. 

Thanks in advanced for any help. 

Edit I'm on the most recent stable build of unraid and I have enabled my Idrac access over lan and can open a connection to it using the login iv given to telegraf in my browser. 

Here is my telegraf conf section regarding ipmi I have changed username and password for obvious reasons everything else is identical. 

I have not seen that one before... Did you runt the following Post Arguments in the Telegraf Docker to install IPMI?

image.thumb.png.c9b0d483cd5aa36464fc34489661a2b6.png

Hey guys. I am hard at work on VERSION 1.6!

I just came across an exciting new fix that I will be implementing in the next version to isolate variable contents to match the selected timeframe of the dashboard. 

I recently swapped out some drives and noticed that the old ones, along with the new ones, were still showing up in the drive variable drop down menus. This was bugging the crap out of me, so I was determined to fix it. @GilbN and I were looking into REGEX and retention policies, but I stumbled on a way to use sub queries (tricky stuff) to isolate the variable content to exactly match the timeframe selected in the dash.

Source: https://github.com/jorgedlcruz/vmware-grafana/issues/27

TLDR:

• Old Drives Won't Show Up in the Drive Variables Anymore!
  • Panels That Use These Variables Won't Show Stale Data Anymore!

The Details are Below:

So by using a sub query inside of a query, and filtering by the "time filter" (built in variable) you can have the variables be dynamic in the fact that only the variable values that were present during the selected timeframe will show up. So if you choose the last 24 hours, and you performed a drive swap 2 days ago, the old drive will no longer show up. Vice versa, if you select a week ago, the new disk will no longer show up, but the old one will. I tested this and it works awesome!

I am going to implement this across ALL of my variables to ensure they are dynamic.

Some Key Info:

• You Need to Set the Variable Refresh to "On Time Range Change"
  • The Variable Drop Down Menus ONLY Update Once a Time Filter is Selected (Changed)
    • Example: Last Week to Last 24 Hours
  • You Can Also Filter Variables by Setting a Specific Date Range (Calendar)
  • If a Timeframe Includes Overlap, the Drop Down Will Contain ALL Variable Values Present During that Overlap
    • Example: Drive Swap Occurred 2 Weeks Ago, and "Last Month" Time Range is Selected
      • Variable Drop Down Will Include Values For Both Drives
        • Weeks 1-2 AND (Old Drive)
        • Weeks 3-4 (New Drive)

Here is an Example of the Implementation: 

image.thumb.png.4e3754f7ae138a3497ebe203a17421ec.png

OLD Query: SHOW TAG VALUES FROM "diskio" WITH KEY = "ID_SERIAL"

New Query: SELECT DISTINCT("ID_SERIAL") FROM (SELECT * FROM "diskio" WHERE $timeFilter)

Example Results:

A Sandisk SSD drive was my old Unassigned Drive, and it was replaced by a Mushkin SSD drive.

SanDisk Present / Mushkin Missing Because it Was Not Installed Yet (Last Month - 2020-12-01 thru 2020-12-07)

• You can see that the Mushkin Drive is Not Present at the Top
  • You can see the SanDisk Drive Is Present

image.thumb.png.1177bc144a7853bd08b04120c7a4e164.png

image.png.d6cfca78b207aa8f4641bd3ecd0264ce.png

SanDisk Gone Because it Was Uninstalled/ Mushkin Present (Last Hour):

• You can see that the Mushkin Drive is Present at the Top
  • You can see the SanDisk Drive Is Gone From the List

image.thumb.png.cc3b264ab534ad534d3ab835d2ebbf9c.png

image.png.4382ebb04fba84bf40e701c516a56808.png

Let me know your thoughts!

Edited by falconexe
16 hours ago, brent3000 said:

I had an issue with the map and this worked for me :) 

Does anyone know how to set the defult location the map will load on? Its always loading the US first, being in Australia it would be ideal if it centred there first, 

Check out https://grafana.com/grafana/plugins/grafana-worldmap-panel   At the very bottom is a section that talks about changing the default center.

edit.  You can change it by editing the panel.  It was difficult to get the edit button to work, the hand wouldnt line up for me very well. 

image.png.343b777b457c3299adec88873637c4cb.png

And then scroll to the bottom of the right hand side panel configuration.  There will be a section where you put in the center.

image.png.03246ee873c44ea140f0c7159e41be5d.png

Edited by mattekure
11 minutes ago, mattekure said:

Check out https://grafana.com/grafana/plugins/grafana-worldmap-panel   At the very bottom is a section that talks about changing the default center.

edit.  You can change it by editing the panel.  It was difficult to get the edit button to work, the hand wouldnt line up for me very well. 

image.png.343b777b457c3299adec88873637c4cb.png

And then scroll to the bottom of the right hand side panel configuration.  There will be a section where you put in the center.

image.png.03246ee873c44ea140f0c7159e41be5d.png

I couldn't get the edit button to work, so I provided this manual tutorial below. Obviously, doing through a panel edit is MUCH easier LOL. Did you just keep trying? How did you get to the edit menu?

On 1/10/2021 at 2:32 PM, falconexe said:

@abb0r

Ok, so here's how to change the default CENTER of the GeoLocation Map.

First click on Dashboard Settings (Gear Button) in the upper right of your dash.

1389590981_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_10_08.png.7f374eb3d668bb2ea8930d9d8c8f5a99.png

Next Click on JSON Model to see the code.

1363135031_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_11_07.thumb.png.c92dd47a62fe4bcc6fd27a8bdcd95eb4.png

Select All and Copy the Code into a Text/Code Editor. I am using "TextMate" on OSX in this example.

Search for the variable "mapCenterLatitude". Once found, delete the coordinates (between the quotes). Then on the very next line in the JSON code, find the "mapCenterLongitude" variable, and again delete the coordinates (between the quotes).

BEFORE:

"mapCenterLatitude": "37.9",
      "mapCenterLongitude": "-94.9",

AFTER:

"mapCenterLatitude": "",
     "mapCenterLongitude": "",

Next head on over to Google Maps. Set a Pin to where you want your new center to be. Right click the pin to see the coordinates. In this example I am using the Eiffel Tower. Click the coordinates and Google Maps will send them to your clipboard.

1297770408_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_15_06.thumb.png.1096d262e67fc5a0e66e55a39b22e51d.png

Put the new coordinates into the mapCenterLatitude (Left Coordinate) and mapCenterLongitude (Right Coordinate) variables.

1386521157_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_08_23.png.eb6107be4efcaeb15462a59e3e99b13a.png

Now SELECT ALL and COPY ALL of the JSON code from your text/code editor.

Next go back into Grafana, click the arrow in the upper left to back out of the previous JSON Model screen, and then click the Dashboards button (4 squares). Then select Manage.

39937209_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_17_19.png.6bdc1700bf8cfe1402ad7999cb710bb3.png

Next, you are going click the Import button.

228613640_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_19_22.thumb.png.d34a15fc4836a3ca16c1ea4b5821042a.png

Then paste your modified JSON code into the following screen.

1682668529_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_19_42.thumb.png.a83a3edb0d47672ce3f4d4d61cb1f052.png

Finally, hit Load and give it a NAME, and a NEW UID by clicking the Change uid button, and save it in the folder of your choosing. 

1427639144_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_19_52.thumb.png.79ba09bcc1de4f3fc7edbdbb2658c234.png

Now open your new modified dashboard and you will see that the map is now centered on the location of your choosing!

491418407_ScreenShot2021-01-10at14_20_26.thumb.png.5863c12739312860151daf18bd5dec7a.png

Note: We are making a second dashboard altogether. In case something goes wrong, you can always fallback on your original one. I am teaching it to you this way so that you get familiar with these steps and to instill best practices. NEVER globally modify (direct JSON code) your dashboard without making a backup copy first (by exporting your original JSON), or by importing your changes into a new dashboard entirely, thereby preserving your old one. This process is ONLY for dashboard wide global type changes AND NOT for panel modifications. You should always save your dash BEFORE AND AFTER making panel modifications, so that you can rollback to a previous save if your panel blows up.

Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

By zooming out as far as the map would go so that the top caret was visible

image.png.a7738b2935b6208545e117059943c5fc.png

Then carefully mousing from the top until the mouse cursor changed to the move panel shape (looks like a + with arrows on each end.  Then click once so the dropdown menu shows, then hit the e button on the keyboard.

image.png.20e8709e2494a47168dfa8d28e44f574.png

Edited by mattekure
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, mattekure said:

By zooming out as far as the map would go so that the top caret was visible

image.png.a7738b2935b6208545e117059943c5fc.png

Then carefully mousing from the top until the mouse cursor changed to the move panel shape (looks like a + with arrows on each end.  Then click once so the dropdown menu shows, then hit the e button on the keyboard.

image.png.20e8709e2494a47168dfa8d28e44f574.png

@brent3000

Ok, yep just did that as you were typing. So I have PERMANENTATLY fixed this. I gave the map a title called "Stream Origination" and now the panel header is always visible, and you can now edit the panel the normal way!  I also changed the COLOR of the blips to YELLOW for PLEX ha ha.

image.thumb.png.15c5e1fed56d3e610566d56d06d90fb5.png

To Edit the center, go to the right side of the panel settings and change the following by using a pre-selected area, or punch in some coordinates.

image.png.e06f8baa9decd30121711f696a48faf1.png

That is MUCH easier. Thanks for that tip. I have added you as a contributor, and this fix will be released in version 1.6!

Edited by falconexe
17 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Ok, yep just did that as you were typing. So I have PERMANENTATLY fixed this. I gave the map a title called "Stream Origination" and now it is always visible.  I also changed the COLOR of the blips to YELLOW for PLEX ha ha. I also added mouse wheel zoom ability.

image.thumb.png.15c5e1fed56d3e610566d56d06d90fb5.png

To Edit the center, go to the right side of the panel settings and change the following by using a pre-selected area, or punch in some coordinates.

image.png.e06f8baa9decd30121711f696a48faf1.png

That is MUCH easier. Thanks for that tip. I have added you as a contributor, and this fix will be released in version 1.6!

Here is the updated PANEL JSON for those who just want this code now. 1.6 is a few weeks away...

@brent3000 & @abb0r let me know if you have any issues importing this. Just inspect the panel JSON on your end, remove what's there (Control + A then delete), copy the below code (Control + C), then paste it into your empty JSON area (Control + V). Click Apply, and then save your dash...

{
  "circleMaxSize": "3",
  "circleMinSize": "3",
  "colors": [
    "#FADE2A",
    "#FADE2A"
  ],
  "datasource": "Varken",
  "esGeoPoint": "geohash",
  "esLocationName": "location",
  "esMetric": "metric",
  "fieldConfig": {
    "defaults": {
      "custom": {}
    },
    "overrides": []
  },
  "gridPos": {
    "h": 15,
    "w": 12,
    "x": 6,
    "y": 54
  },
  "hideTimeOverride": true,
  "id": 11,
  "initialZoom": "4",
  "links": [],
  "locationData": "table",
  "mapCenter": "North America",
  "mapCenterLatitude": 40,
  "mapCenterLongitude": -100,
  "maxDataPoints": 1,
  "maxPerRow": 3,
  "mouseWheelZoom": true,
  "stickyLabels": true,
  "tableQueryOptions": {
    "geohashField": "geohash",
    "labelField": "full_location",
    "latitudeField": "latitude",
    "longitudeField": "longitude",
    "metricField": "metric",
    "queryType": "coordinates"
  },
  "targets": [
    {
      "alias": "$tag_region_code",
      "dsType": "influxdb",
      "groupBy": [
        {
          "params": [
            "latitude"
          ],
          "type": "tag"
        },
        {
            "longitude"
          ],
        },
        {
            "full_location"
          ],
        },
        {
            "name"
          ],
        }
      ],
      "measurement": "Tautulli",
      "orderByTime": "ASC",
      "policy": "default",
      "refId": "A",
      "resultFormat": "table",
      "select": [
        [
          {
              "hash"
            ],
            "type": "field"
          },
          {
            "params": [],
            "type": "distinct"
          },
          {
            "params": [],
            "type": "count"
          },
          {
              "metric"
            ],
            "type": "alias"
          }
        ]
      ],
      "tags": [
        {
          "key": "type",
          "operator": "=",
          "value": "Session"
        }
      ]
    }
  ],
  "timeFrom": "33s",
  "title": "Stream Origination",
  "type": "grafana-worldmap-panel",
  "unitPlural": "Streams",
  "unitSingular": "Stream",
  "valueName": "current",
  "thresholds": "",
  "decimals": 0,
  "hideEmpty": false,
  "hideZero": false,
  "interval": "",
  "showLegend": false,
  "timeShift": null,
  "unitSingle": ""
}

Then go into the new map and EDIT it. Find the center option, and change it to your personal preference. You can still use Google Maps to pin a custom location to get GPS coordinates.

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 1

@falconexe @GilbN thank you guys so much for putting all this effort into the UUD!  I investigated telegraf and grafana years ago and wasn't able to make heads or tails out of it, so gave it up.  With the UUD, you've now given me an excellent entry point and your posts here have been extremely helpful.  I spent all yesterday reading through this entire topic to make sure I learned all your tips and tricks, learning new things about not only the involved dockers but also unraid in general.  Now I have a great looking dashboard and have just begun to think about what else I can add to it!  

One question, curious to see if you've seen this as well:  when looking at the "Current Streams" or "Stream Log" panels in the plex section, location data only seems to show up from my own devices.  In this shot, the chrome device is my browser on my LAN with accurate location, the android device is my phone connected through a VPN with accurate location, and the webOS device is a buddy streaming from a few kilometers down the road, with no location information.  

1155918130_plexhistory(full_location).thumb.jpg.920a72d934e39073853f2e19b9bde5f2.jpg

Do you by any chance know what might be causing that?  I've had 3 people try streaming from my server, and so far all 3 (outside my home) have displayed no location.  I thought at first it might just be a general IP lookup problem outside of my LAN, but my phone through the VPN works fine, so not sure anymore.

As a funny side note...if I change the tag to "location" instead of "full_location" you get a little alien for fields with no info, which I guess is their way of saying "not from around here"?

269602281_plexhistorylocation.thumb.jpg.90bd77188c4bad0689d557747a5a14aa.jpg

5 hours ago, falconexe said:

@brent3000 & @abb0r let me know if you have any issues importing this. Just inspect the panel JSON on your end, remove what's there (Control + A then delete), copy the below code (Control + C), then paste it into your empty JSON area (Control + V). Click Apply, and then save your dash...

Thanks that worked,

But i cant get the custom locations to work :/ using Google Maps Australia is -23, 130

Now using -23 works, but when i add the ,130 it errors out, any guess? 

12 minutes ago, brent3000 said:

Thanks that worked,

But i cant get the custom locations to work :/ using Google Maps Australia is -23, 130

Now using -23 works, but when i add the ,130 it errors out, any guess? 

It's worked for me, as long as the fields in the JSON are in quotes, ie.

"mapCenter": "custom",
"mapCenterLatitude": "-23",
"mapCenterLongitude": "130",

You may have already been doing that, just noticed the panel JSON posted a few replies ago didn't include them.

1 minute ago, eidolonjs said:

It's worked for me, as long as the fields in the JSON are in quotes, ie.

Thats what i didnt do, maybe a default (so it not so American ;-))  set the default to 'Last GeoHash' this then will focus the map automatically when it pulls data to the region where the pins are detected. (well it did on mine anyway) 

3 minutes ago, brent3000 said:

'Last GeoHash' this then will focus the map automatically when it pulls data to the region where the pins are detected

Nice!  It did on mine as well.  In fact, I think I like this way better, but I could see it potentially getting annoying if you have people streaming simultaneously from around the world.  I'll see what happens with a vpn real quick.

4 minutes ago, eidolonjs said:

Nice!  It did on mine as well.  In fact, I think I like this way better, but I could see it potentially getting annoying if you have people streaming simultaneously from around the world.  I'll see what happens with a vpn real quick.

Yeah i actually in the JSON text the LastHash default start point, i changes that to the AU cords mentioned and its showing all of AU now, then when a stream starts is zooms in on the region focused where the steam is coming from :) 

Deff better default option of lasthash for those not keen on diving into the jason file, map just auto centres, only the starting spot looks a bit funny without the change, 

@falconexe  maybe add that to the suggestion list?

Edited by brent3000
13 minutes ago, brent3000 said:

Yeah i actually in the JSON text the LastHash default start point, i changes that to the AU cords mentioned and its showing all of AU now, then when a stream starts is zooms in on the region focused where the steam is coming from :) 

Deff better default option of lasthash for those not keen on diving into the jason file, map just auto centres, only the starting spot looks a bit funny without the change, 

@falconexe  maybe add that to the suggestion list?

Yeah, I'll look into Last Hash and do some testing, but that make sense for a world wide dashboard such as the UUD.

4 hours ago, eidolonjs said:

@falconexe @GilbN thank you guys so much for putting all this effort into the UUD!  I investigated telegraf and grafana years ago and wasn't able to make heads or tails out of it, so gave it up.  With the UUD, you've now given me an excellent entry point and your posts here have been extremely helpful.  I spent all yesterday reading through this entire topic to make sure I learned all your tips and tricks, learning new things about not only the involved dockers but also unraid in general.  Now I have a great looking dashboard and have just begun to think about what else I can add to it!  

One question, curious to see if you've seen this as well:  when looking at the "Current Streams" or "Stream Log" panels in the plex section, location data only seems to show up from my own devices.  In this shot, the chrome device is my browser on my LAN with accurate location, the android device is my phone connected through a VPN with accurate location, and the webOS device is a buddy streaming from a few kilometers down the road, with no location information.  

Do you by any chance know what might be causing that?  I've had 3 people try streaming from my server, and so far all 3 (outside my home) have displayed no location.  I thought at first it might just be a general IP lookup problem outside of my LAN, but my phone through the VPN works fine, so not sure anymore.

As a funny side note...if I change the tag to "location" instead of "full_location" you get a little alien for fields with no info, which I guess is their way of saying "not from around here"?

First of all, I APPRECIATE you doing your due diligence and taking the time to read the FULL topic before posting. It really helps because MANY of new users' questions have already been answered. I always try to answer them extensively, with very detailed documentation, and to always put in my best effort for you guys. It means lot to me to see the same from my user base. 👍 I really enjoy that level of mutual respect and comradery.

That being said, I knew about the UFO Easter egg, and I have no idea why your WAN streams are not geo-mapping. The first thing I would try is performing a FULL reboot of your UNRAID server. I've seen some odd behavior once in a while and that usually solves it. You can also try clearing your browser cookies/history and reloading the dash. The only time I have ever seen that is when a user is behind a VPN that is REALLY good and the geo location fails (too many hops or some unknown server on the moon 😂). Since we know there is no way all 3 of your users have the same crazy security, it has to be something else, and most likely something really simple.

You can also try your phone with NO VPN and see if it works. My phone shows a server out in CA when I do it. Give that a shot and let me know.

Edited by falconexe

Just came across this on Twitter. I'm not a Twitter user (though I do have an account), and was curious if anyone knows where I can watch this video and/or stream. I saw that my dashboard was being discussed and I always enjoy hearing people’s feedback and experience.

So, anyone know where I can find this? Is Mike Weiger (WiegerTech) the one streaming?

image.thumb.png.9aaea1cbfda39b628135e4c9991206d8.png

Edited by falconexe
51 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Just came across this on Twitter. I'm not a Twitter user (though I do have an account), and was curious if anyone knows where I can watch this video and/or stream. I saw that my dashboard was being discussed and I always enjoy hearing people’s feedback and experience.

So, anyone know where I can find this? Is Mike Weiger (WiegerTech) the one streaming?

Found It! (Very End of the Vid)

https://theaverageguy.tv/2021/01/16/plex-vs-channels-updates-on-unraid-and-home-assistant-hgg475/

So it's cool that he mentioned the UUD 1.5, but he actually didn't show it at all. What he showed in the video is actually @GilbN's separate/personal dashboard "UNRAID System Dashboard V2".

Just to be clear, that IS NOT the UUD ha ha. I am not sure why a lot of streamers/bloggers are getting this confused. I suppose it is because Gilbn's tutorial website mentions his and links it...

Does anyone know Mike Weiger's UNRAID handle so I can let him know? @Wiegerwijnia?

Anyway, you guys know what the UUD really is. No worries!

Edited by falconexe
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, falconexe said:

MANY of new users' questions have already been answered. I always try to answer them extensively, with very detailed documentation, and to always put in my best effort for you guys.

Definitely noticed this throughout the topic, and have been impressed with the patience of your replies.  

I'll try a server reboot once my buddy is done watching his movie.  He lives on a military base, so it's definitely possible the ISP there bounces things around a lot so people can watch their US Netflix.  That shouldn't hold true for my other users though. And also, I just noticed, his stream does show up on the map panel roughly in Japan (not accurate to region though), just not in the stream panels.  Seems like Tautulli is providing at least rough latlongs then, but varken is not geomatching them maybe?  My varken.ini includes the maxmind license key so I assume it's connected to the geolite2 database okay.

Tried the phone with no VPN, it shows the location just fine.  Google FI so it shows up off a server in CA as well, even though I'm physically in Japan.  Interestingly, the map panel doesn't like to show multiple streams across the Pacific.  Shows both streams just fine with the US in the west.  Guess that's the edge of their tile...minor annoyance for those of us with family in both Japan and the US (probably just me).

Also, one last unrelated question:  Since I'm trying to get my energy costs in Japanese yen, I end up with a number in the thousands, which is correct.  

1336101538_yenk.JPG.6f1ddaf173398276428e8a50c1baf289.JPG

But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to have the panel display without the "K", except changing the field from "Currency-->yen" to "Locale format."  If I do that, and display name+value, I get the unit as a display name:

993518260_yenk2.JPG.2e06704ab1e77b1f963f3fe85b21ee18.JPG

which looks terrible and doesn't nicely match the other cost panels.  I've googled all around the grafana forums and the best I can find is "not possible to show the long number with currency, too bad."  I find that hard to believe, and was wondering if you had any insight.  

43 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Found It! (Very End of the Vid)

https://theaverageguy.tv/2021/01/16/plex-vs-channels-updates-on-unraid-and-home-assistant-hgg475/

So it's cool that he mentioned the UUD 1.5, but he actually didn't show it at all. What he showed in the video is actually @GilbN's separate/personal dashboard "UNRAID System Dashboard V2".

Just to be clear, that IS NOT the UUD ha ha. I am not sure why a lot of streamers/bloggers are getting this confused. I suppose it is because Gilbn's tutorial website mentions his and links it...

Does anyone know Mike Weiger's UNRAID handle so I can let him know? @Wiegerwijnia?

Anyway, you guys know what the UUD really is. No worries!

I just emailed the show HA HA. We'll see if they respond.

Edited by falconexe
8 minutes ago, eidolonjs said:

Definitely noticed this throughout the topic, and have been impressed with the patience of your replies.  

Also, one last unrelated question:  Since I'm trying to get my energy costs in Japanese yen, I end up with a number in the thousands, which is correct.  

1336101538_yenk.JPG.6f1ddaf173398276428e8a50c1baf289.JPG

But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to have the panel display without the "K", except changing the field from "Currency-->yen" to "Locale format."  If I do that, and display name+value, I get the unit as a display name:

993518260_yenk2.JPG.2e06704ab1e77b1f963f3fe85b21ee18.JPG

which looks terrible and doesn't nicely match the other cost panels.  I've googled all around the grafana forums and the best I can find is "not possible to show the long number with currency, too bad."  I find that hard to believe, and was wondering if you had any insight.  

Ah Patience... Yeah, it's not always easy but I'm a nice guy LOL. 😉

I'll look into your YEN deal tomorrow. Sounds like a limitation, but I'll see if I can figure it out. No promises...

15 hours ago, eidolonjs said:

I'll try a server reboot once my buddy is done watching his movie.  He lives on a military base, so it's definitely possible the ISP there bounces things around a lot so people can watch their US Netflix.  That shouldn't hold true for my other users though. And also, I just noticed, his stream does show up on the map panel roughly in Japan (not accurate to region though), just not in the stream panels.  Seems like Tautulli is providing at least rough latlongs then, but varken is not geomatching them maybe?  My varken.ini includes the maxmind license key so I assume it's connected to the geolite2 database okay.

Tried the phone with no VPN, it shows the location just fine.  Google FI so it shows up off a server in CA as well, even though I'm physically in Japan.  Interestingly, the map panel doesn't like to show multiple streams across the Pacific.  Shows both streams just fine with the US in the west.  Guess that's the edge of their tile...minor annoyance for those of us with family in both Japan and the US (probably just me).

Yeah, what you are showing there is a bug/limitation in the map plugin where you see the blips disappearing and screen tearing as you cross the “map edge/world boundary” Hopefully they update it soon.

And if your buddy is on a military base (thank them for their service for me/🇺🇸), they typically use encrypted servers/Government DNS/Routes so you’ll get a rough location if you’re lucky.

Basically everything should geo tag correctly, or nothing will. I’ve never seen it be selective, so something is screwy. Hopefully your reboot/browser cache clearing resolves it!

Edited by falconexe
3 hours ago, falconexe said:

(thank them for their service for me 🇺🇸)

Thank you, we appreciate it.  Being so far away from home for years at a time tends to distance us from what we care about, but with all the craziness going on back there right now...maybe that's a good thing.  

Server restart/browser cache clearing didn't change anything unfortunately.  Not a big deal at all, just something I'll keep looking into as I have time.  Thanks for your help!