Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

15 hours ago, falconexe said:

Found It! (Very End of the Vid)

https://theaverageguy.tv/2021/01/16/plex-vs-channels-updates-on-unraid-and-home-assistant-hgg475/

So it's cool that he mentioned the UUD 1.5, but he actually didn't show it at all. What he showed in the video is actually @GilbN's separate/personal dashboard "UNRAID System Dashboard V2".

Just to be clear, that IS NOT the UUD ha ha. I am not sure why a lot of streamers/bloggers are getting this confused. I suppose it is because Gilbn's tutorial website mentions his and links it...

Does anyone know Mike Weiger's UNRAID handle so I can let him know? @Wiegerwijnia?

Anyway, you guys know what the UUD really is. No worries!

Hopefully this will help a bit. :)
raw

• Haha 1
On 1/17/2021 at 9:55 PM, falconexe said:

I have not seen that one before... Did you runt the following Post Arguments in the Telegraf Docker to install IPMI?

image.thumb.png.c9b0d483cd5aa36464fc34489661a2b6.png

I did I have tried both versions of the psot argument I have installed telegraf alpine, if I use the non alpine post arguments then telegraf will not boot atall and using the alpine post arguments I get everything bar ipmi working. 

2 minutes ago, Joe L said:

I did I have tried both versions of the psot argument I have installed telegraf alpine, if I use the non alpine post arguments then telegraf will not boot atall and using the alpine post arguments I get everything bar ipmi working. 

Ok thanks for confirming. Sorry man. What you are trying it outside of my expertise and the original scope of the UUD. Let us know if you get it figured out in case anyone else tries the same thing.

Welp, I just spent the last 10 hours straight working on the UUD version 1.6. After putting this much time in tonight, I'm a few weeks ahead of schedule. Once I start rolling down hill on a project, I just can't stop LOL.

I have a few more days of testing and stability monitoring once I've collected more data, but so far things are looking promising. The reveal will surprise a few people, I'm sure, as the look and feel has further evolved, and I can't wait to show you guys the exciting new features.

Night everyone. I'm heading to bed!

Edited by falconexe
On 1/18/2021 at 2:27 AM, falconexe said:

Ah Patience... Yeah, it's not always easy but I'm a nice guy LOL. 😉

I'll look into your YEN deal tomorrow. Sounds like a limitation, but I'll see if I can figure it out. No promises...

@eidolonjs Hey, I ran into the same deal with the Yen. It appears to be a limitation of the Grafana software. Hopefully they will update it some day to provide some more customizations regarding configurable units. Currently, they use the SI model and scale one thousand to "K", and there is no way to change it, without doing that prefix "fix" you did (which does not retain the formatting of the panel unfortunately).

If they ever add a feature to stop rounding to "K", I'll implement the suppression of that rounding into the dashboard in a subsequent UUD release!

On 10/10/2020 at 4:28 PM, ptchernegovski said:

There is one you can set up for "buymeacoffee". With how many hours you put into this, you may need a few, or whatever your equivalent is

@ptchernegovski Hey I forgot to say thanks for recommending this website for donations. I had it setup in 10 minutes. Link is in my signature and also on the very first post in the upper right corner. Since I adopted something you contributed, I have made you an official UUD contributor on page one.

I'm grateful a few people have contributed to the continued development of the UUD!

Edited by falconexe

@SpencerJ @limetech

DEVELOPER UPDATE:

Another night. Another 8 hours into UUD Version 1.6. I'm over 20 hours into 1.6 and counting. And just passed 120 hours over the lifetime of the UUD project.

This next release is going to be the BIGGEST ONE YET! It is jam packed with new features, panels, goodies, a new unified theme, and various improvements/bug fixes.

Good News: Initial Development is DONE! 😎

Bad News: Now I have to document all of this crap LOL! 🥴

Target Release Window: 2020-01-30 🚀

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 5

@falconexe Looking good my man! I just bumped from 1.2 to 1.5 and am running into an issue that im hoping you can point me in the correct direction on. In 1.5 im not able to select any drives at the top of the dashboard (Flash (Boot) Drives, Cache Drive(s), etc). On 1.2 and 1.5 all of my disks, serials, etc pull through towards the bottom of the dashboard but im not able to select anything at the top. Anything i should be looking for to try to figure this one out?

Capture.PNG

Edited by hermy65
3 hours ago, hermy65 said:

@falconexe Looking good my man! I just bumped from 1.2 to 1.5 and am running into an issue that im hoping you can point me in the correct direction on. In 1.5 im not able to select any drives at the top of the dashboard (Flash (Boot) Drives, Cache Drive(s), etc). On 1.2 and 1.5 all of my disks, serials, etc pull through towards the bottom of the dashboard but im not able to select anything at the top. Anything i should be looking for to try to figure this one out?

Capture.PNG

Hey man. Long time....

Hmm very odd. First thing I would do is check to make sure your variables have the correct data source assigned.

image.thumb.png.9cebec768c5f88e0b4bb62a85e3da022.png

When you look at the content of any of the drive variables, you should see your drives listed in the bottom once the query runs. If they show up in the variable itself, they should show up in the drop downs.

The refresh setting should also be on Dashboard Load in Version 1.5. So you can try clearing your browser history/cookies, and reloading the dashboard.

Let me know if that helps.

Edited by falconexe
21 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Hey man. Long time....

Hmm very odd. First thing I would do is check to make sure your variables have the correct data source assigned.

image.thumb.png.9cebec768c5f88e0b4bb62a85e3da022.png

When you look at the content of any of the drive variables, you should see your drives listed in the bottom once the query runs. If they show up in the variable itself, they should show up in the drop downs.

The refresh setting should also be on Dashboard Load in Version 1.5. So you can try clearing your browser history/cookies, and reloading the dashboard. If it worked in 1.2 it will work in 1.5 because nothing changed with this variable except the name.

Let me know if that helps.

So i went through and i *assume* i updated it correctly but still no go after clearing cache, etc.

Capture.PNG

3 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Make sure you have the Disk IO plugin working.

image.thumb.png.8b0f7385561af58454495ad5a0eab583.png

If that was the issue, make sure you restart the 3 main dockers (InfluxDB, Telegraf, and Grafana). Then go back into the drive variables, and hopefully your disks are now showing up in the bottom preview area. I thought I read 1.3, but if you are going from 1.2 to 1.5, that is a DRASTIC departure from what the UUD was back in September ha ha.

Just now, falconexe said:

If that was the issue, make sure you restart the 3 main dockers (InfluxDB, Telegraf, and Grafana). Then go back into the drive variables, and hopefully your disks are now showing up in the bottom preview area. I thought I read 1.3, but if you are going from 1.2 to 1.5, that is a DRASTIC departure from what the UUD was back in September ha ha.

I already had that enabled, and my disks do show up in the bottom panel in the smart health section but im guessing that doesnt tell us if diskio is working.

image.png.a471252aa2f7f7ac329996c8875735ba.png

53 minutes ago, hermy65 said:

I already had that enabled, and my disks do show up in the bottom panel in the smart health section but im guessing that doesnt tell us if diskio is working.

image.png.a471252aa2f7f7ac329996c8875735ba.png

1.5 is driven by variables. Set your datasource variable in the dash.

image.png.4bac417368d0ca8d28216180d2513ec7.png

Then go back to the drive variables, and set the query to use the VARIABLE for Data source  "$Datasource_Telegraf". You'll need to do this on all of the drive variables.

image.thumb.png.add2919941bd9154b78da27913552944.png

You should see all your drives appear under the "Preview of values" section at the bottom. Try that and let me know.

Edited by falconexe
2 minutes ago, falconexe said:

1.5 is driven by variables. Set your datasource variable in the dash.

image.png.4bac417368d0ca8d28216180d2513ec7.png

Then go back to the drive variables, and set the query to use the VARIABLE for Data source  "$Datasource_Telegraf". You'll need to do this on all of the drive variables.

image.thumb.png.add2919941bd9154b78da27913552944.png

You should see all your drives appear under the "Preview of values" section at the bottom. Try that and let me know.

Yeah thats how i had it setup originally with my datasource at the top and everything as your last screenshot shows. Attaching the image i put on my first post again, in case i missed something.

image.png.18199b013b173203bc7220bc5feca1da.png

5 minutes ago, hermy65 said:

Yeah thats how i had it setup originally with my datasource at the top and everything as your last screenshot shows. Attaching the image i put on my first post again, in case i missed something.

image.png.18199b013b173203bc7220bc5feca1da.png

Dude, I don't know. Set it on Fire? 🔥

LOL, but seriously, there seems to be something fundamentally off here with your setup. No other users have reported this issue, and I have everything setup exactly the same as you depict in 1.5 and it works. Maybe reboot the entire freakin server? Sorry man. I am working my day job so don't have anymore time to troubleshoot.

You can try one last thing. Paste this new query code (coming in 1.6) in one of the drive variables, change the drive variable refresh to "On Time Range Change", and then go change your time range in the dash from last day to last hour. I doubt it will suddenly work, but it is the last thing I can provide right now.

New Query: SELECT DISTINCT("ID_SERIAL") FROM (SELECT * FROM "diskio" WHERE $timeFilter)

image.thumb.png.23609f697104c034ef9a235261a9d6d2.png

46 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Also, in this image your data source should NOT BE "unRAID", it should be the variable "$Datasource_Telegraf".

Yeah i changed it back to the variable after posting that image. Still no luck though unfortunately...time to start it all on fire i guess

1 hour ago, hermy65 said:

Yeah i changed it back to the variable after posting that image. Still no luck though unfortunately...time to start it all on fire i guess

Connect to you database using this and run the variable command there. http://influxui.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ It works locally. 

Or exec into the container and run it that way. 

That will atleast confirm that there is data in the dB. 

Have you tried to remove and re add the datasource in grafana. 

Edited by GilbN
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, GilbN said:

Connect to you database using this and run the variable command there. http://influxui.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ It works locally. 

Or exec into the container and run it that way. 

That will atleast confirm that there is data in the dB. 

Have you tried to remove and re add the datasource in grafana. 

@GilbN which command am i supposed to be running? Didnt see it mentioned unless i missed something.