Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)


992 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

I just wanted to thank The Average Guy Network for discussing the UUD and their kind words on their latest live podcast (Home Gadget Geeks 476). You can watch that segment starting at 50:55 through 53:18 right below.

 

image.thumb.png.3d13d32ad6c4cb0ed56b94c7aa5e48e1.png

 

 

 

Here is their website: https://theaverageguy.tv/

 

 

Looks like I might be joining the show right after I finish and release UUD 1.6, in the first week in February!

 

If that happens, maybe we can get the UUD community to submit questions for the live stream and I can talk in more detail about anything you guys want to know.

 

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
  • Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donate:      Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)   Current Release: Version 1.6 (Added UNRAID API)       UUD NEWS: 2021-03-26: The UUD Tops 2,500 Uniqu

Something really cool happened. I woke up this morning and my profile had this green wording on it.       I just officially became the newest UNRAID "Community Developer". I

DEVELOPER UPDATE:   😂 But for real guys, I'm going to be stepping away from the UUD for the foreseeable future. I have a lot going on in my personal life (divorce among other stuff) and I ju

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, GilbN said:

The query from Falconexe post a couple of posts above this.

 

 

New Query: SELECT DISTINCT("ID_SERIAL") FROM (SELECT * FROM "diskio" WHERE $timeFilter)

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, falconexe said:

 

 

New Query: SELECT DISTINCT("ID_SERIAL") FROM (SELECT * FROM "diskio" WHERE $timeFilter)

 

@falconexe @GilbN Well, maybe we found an issue? 

Capture2.PNG

 

There is data under diskio but im not seeing any serials

 

 

Capture.PNG

Edited by hermy65
Link to post
5 minutes ago, GilbN said:

use command 

SELECT DISTINCT "ID_SERIAL" FROM (SELECT * FROM "diskio" WHERE time >= now() - 10s)

 

@GilbN

 

Would rather not expose my db to the internet but if i need to i can to use your link above. I did run the command via console and got the result below which makes me assume its not pulling serial data but that wouldnt explain why the drives arent visible in the top bar of the dashboard (i assume):

 

 

Capture.PNG

Edited by hermy65
Link to post
28 minutes ago, hermy65 said:

 

@GilbN

 

Would rather not expose my db to the internet but if i need to i can to use your link above. I did run the command via console and got the result below which makes me assume its not pulling serial data but that wouldnt explain why the drives arent visible in the top bar of the dashboard (i assume):

 

 

Capture.PNG

As I said, it works locally. Through the browser as your computer is on your LAN. So through the browser on the computer it has access. 

Edited by GilbN
Link to post
24 minutes ago, hermy65 said:

 

@GilbN

 

Would rather not expose my db to the internet but if i need to i can to use your link above. I did run the command via console and got the result below which makes me assume its not pulling serial data but that wouldnt explain why the drives arent visible in the top bar of the dashboard (i assume):

 

 

Capture.PNG

Try SELECT DISTINCT "ID_SERIAL" FROM (SELECT * FROM "diskio" WHERE time >= now() - 1d)

If that doesnt work, try SHOW TAG VALUES FROM "diskio" WITH KEY = "ID_SERIAL"

If that doesn't work, your telegraf config is wrong. 

Edited by GilbN
Link to post
1 hour ago, GilbN said:

Try SELECT DISTINCT "ID_SERIAL" FROM (SELECT * FROM "diskio" WHERE time >= now() - 1d)

If that doesnt work, try SHOW TAG VALUES FROM "diskio" WITH KEY = "ID_SERIAL"

If that doesn't work, your telegraf config is wrong. 

Interesting, never saw mention of it working locally. I ran all the commands you gave but never got a result from any of them. Here is what my telegraf config looks like in the [[inputs.diskio]] section

 

# Read metrics about disk IO by device
[[inputs.diskio]]
  ## By default, telegraf will gather stats for all devices including
  ## disk partitions.
  ## Setting devices will restrict the stats to the specified devices.
  # devices = ["sda", "sdb"]
  ## Uncomment the following line if you need disk serial numbers.
  # skip_serial_number = false
  #
  ## On systems which support it, device metadata can be added in the form of
  ## tags.
  ## Currently only Linux is supported via udev properties. You can view
  ## available properties for a device by running:
  ## 'udevadm info -q property -n /dev/sda'
 device_tags = ["ID_SERIAL"]
  #
  ## Using the same metadata source as device_tags, you can also customize the
  ## name of the device via templates.
  ## The 'name_templates' parameter is a list of templates to try and apply to
  ## the device. The template may contain variables in the form of '$PROPERTY' or
  ## '${PROPERTY}'. The first template which does not contain any variables not
  ## present for the device is used as the device name tag.
  ## The typical use case is for LVM volumes, to get the VG/LV name instead of
  ## the near-meaningless DM-0 name.
  # name_templates = ["$ID_FS_LABEL","$DM_VG_NAME/$DM_LV_NAME"]

 

Link to post
Just now, hermy65 said:

Interesting, never saw mention of it working locally. I ran all the commands you gave but never got a result from any of them. Here is what my telegraf config looks like in the [[inputs.diskio]] section

 


# Read metrics about disk IO by device
[[inputs.diskio]]
  ## By default, telegraf will gather stats for all devices including
  ## disk partitions.
  ## Setting devices will restrict the stats to the specified devices.
  # devices = ["sda", "sdb"]
  ## Uncomment the following line if you need disk serial numbers.
  # skip_serial_number = false
  #
  ## On systems which support it, device metadata can be added in the form of
  ## tags.
  ## Currently only Linux is supported via udev properties. You can view
  ## available properties for a device by running:
  ## 'udevadm info -q property -n /dev/sda'
 device_tags = ["ID_SERIAL"]
  #
  ## Using the same metadata source as device_tags, you can also customize the
  ## name of the device via templates.
  ## The 'name_templates' parameter is a list of templates to try and apply to
  ## the device. The template may contain variables in the form of '$PROPERTY' or
  ## '${PROPERTY}'. The first template which does not contain any variables not
  ## present for the device is used as the device name tag.
  ## The typical use case is for LVM volumes, to get the VG/LV name instead of
  ## the near-meaningless DM-0 name.
  # name_templates = ["$ID_FS_LABEL","$DM_VG_NAME/$DM_LV_NAME"]

 

What do you have in the post arguments for telegraf?

Link to post
2 minutes ago, GilbN said:

What do you have in the post arguments for telegraf?

 

/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add ipmitool && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'

Edited by hermy65
Link to post
24 minutes ago, hermy65 said:

 

/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add ipmitool && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'

Share your complete telegraf container config, paths and variables ect

Link to post

I'm sure I've simply screwed something up in the config file - can't seem to figure it out:

 

E! [telegraf] Error running agent: Error loading config file /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf: plugin inputs.cpu: line 2324: configuration specified the fields [\"attributes\"], but they weren't used\n

 

There is no "attributes" field there - I put one in with no difference - help?

Link to post
1 hour ago, Lucky Jay said:

I'm sure I've simply screwed something up in the config file - can't seem to figure it out:

 

E! [telegraf] Error running agent: Error loading config file /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf: plugin inputs.cpu: line 2324: configuration specified the fields [\"attributes\"], but they weren't used\n

 

There is no "attributes" field there - I put one in with no difference - help?


 

See page 21 for mine. Try that.

 

 

Link to post

Hi everyone. Due to an unforeseen circumstances, I will need to postpose the UUD 1.6 release until late February. I'll be away from the forums until I get back from my trip. Sorry about the delay. The next release will be worth the wait.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.