Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

1 hour ago, Frazzer951 said:

I've just finished installing V6 and there were a few things I had to change to get things working/showing properly.

First off, for the server name I had to update it to use the correct IP, being the same as I typed it into the UNRAID API docker, I also had to do the same change for the server status pane.

For CPU temp, I changed it to use the search query for `sensors` instead of `ipmi_sensor`, but I had to modify it to be "WHERE feature = smbusmaster_0" IDK if that was because I'm using a Ryzen 7 3700x or if I just don't have something setup properly.

Problems I'm having:

Dockers are not showing their Images, only the names.

It is showing "No data" for the panes with 'SSD Lifetime Writes', 'SSD Lifetime Reads', 'SSD Life Used', and 'SSD Temperature', I'm not sure what I need to do to fix those, I have a Samsung 970 Evo if that helps at all, but the SSD Writes day and year both work fine.

Besides those problems everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for any help and suggestions people offer

Going to ditto the exact same points as you except I did not have to change CPU Temp.

The issues I have the same as you as well

2 hours ago, Frazzer951 said:

Problems I'm having:

I'm looking at the source code and the image url is https://192.168.1.7/state/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/images/Influxdb-icon.png

Looks like the IP is hard set?

Edit: found it.. edit that panel, right side look for a section call URL, you'll find the Base URL there that you'll need to change. The part where I dont get is that in order to access that url, we need to login to unRAID first by that IP then Grafana. If I went straight to Grafana without authenticating against unRAID WebUI, I would run into the same issue of not seeing that image

Edited by ziggie216
2 hours ago, ziggie216 said:

I'm looking at the source code and the image url is https://192.168.1.7/state/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/images/Influxdb-icon.png

Looks like the IP is hard set?

Edit: found it.. edit that panel, right side look for a section call URL, you'll find the Base URL there that you'll need to change. The part where I dont get is that in order to access that url, we need to login to unRAID first by that IP then Grafana. If I went straight to Grafana without authenticating against unRAID WebUI, I would run into the same issue of not seeing that image

Check the post right below the release post. Here is the link:

4 hours ago, Frazzer951 said:

I've just finished installing V6 and there were a few things I had to change to get things working/showing properly.

First off, for the server name I had to update it to use the correct IP, being the same as I typed it into the UNRAID API docker, I also had to do the same change for the server status pane.

For CPU temp, I changed it to use the search query for `sensors` instead of `ipmi_sensor`, but I had to modify it to be "WHERE feature = smbusmaster_0" IDK if that was because I'm using a Ryzen 7 3700x or if I just don't have something setup properly.

Problems I'm having:

It is showing "No data" for the panes with 'SSD Lifetime Writes', 'SSD Lifetime Reads', 'SSD Life Used', and 'SSD Temperature', I'm not sure what I need to do to fix those, I have a Samsung 970 Evo if that helps at all, but the SSD Writes day and year both work fine.

Besides those problems everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for any help and suggestions people offer

For Docker/VM Images, see this post:

For the SSD health panels, you will need to select your SSD Serial Number in the query by editing the panel.

2 hours ago, ziggie216 said:

For the selection of "SSD Drive(s)" should I be able to select multiple or this only made to select a single SSD drive?

You can modify the SSD variable to allow for a multi selection. However, the panels are currently designed for just a single SSD. You can adapt my code as needed. Furthermore, you could potentially even get this to work with CACHE POOLS (Added in UNRAID 6.9+).

Edited by falconexe

DEVELOPER UPDATE:

Hey everyone. I hope you are enjoying UUD 1.6 so far. I just wanted to let you know that I added some CRITICAL INFORMATION to the post right below the actual 1.6 release post. Please READ IT or you will end up with some "fun" stuff occurring. Let me know if you have any questions.

By the way, because I know someone will ask, because they always do....

For the link I posted above, click the arrow in the UPPER RIGHT CORNER of the picture to go the actual post I am referencing.

image.png.938354a916e49a2ef7a631bbd36bf0c3.png

If you click the link/pic itself, it will just take you to the main UUD page/post 1.

Edited by falconexe

Thank you for your hard work on this. I loved the 1.5 version. I am however stuck with not knowing how to do this part of the installation process, if someone could please explain what to do.... I assume that I need to install Home Assistant Core, but then I grind to a halt

image.png.9e610bfb09f746c566af7520ce3f0ddd.png 

My Unraid API overview seems to be missing most of the data that I understand is needed for this to all come together. VMs and Doclers are empty.

image.png.be03fa63d824fc9024090dc2598d7ccd.png

Edited by Flendor

awesome job on 1.6! 👍👍

Couple of comments i have:

the installing of dalvany-image-panel seemed kinda strange, i had to install about 3 times before it actually started working even with restarts in-between.

Not sure what was up with that

The "array status" field

$.['servers']['https://192.168.1.7']['serverDetails'].arrayStatus

needs to be edited to match your own server ip.

Or i think the entire field can safely be changed to just

$.['serverDetails'].arrayStatus

i did not have to login again when i changed the vm/docker base url, it just worked straight away.

but since you are using SSL then that would be the difference most likely.

For people running without SSL the base url should just be the unraid server ip. you should be able to grab it as a variable from the unraid api source maybe?

The SSD variables are not universal and might have to be tailored to your specific SSD vendor as well.

i have a kingston A400 SSD

https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/SA400S37_en.pdf

and i had to change the Data_Units_Reda/Written to Total_LBAs_Read/Written and then add *512 to math to get an accurate reading.

I'm not sure how many people use "Anime Shows" as their plex library name, i would've thought it'd just be "Anime" that's just my opinion though.

For me i had to change the regex in RAM DIMM temp to actually match mine which then became /dimm.._temp/ 

it's possible theres a better regex to match most dimm temps rather than just /..-dimm/ but i wouldn't know most naming schemes 🤔.

Why is there a currency suffix variable that is unused? i have to enter the three UPS panels and change the Field->Unit->Currency to my locale and the top variable seems to do nothing?

i suspect it was supposed to be integrated at some point but just got missed? 😂

Again, Great job @falconexe!

Edited by MammothJerk
1 hour ago, clintkev251 said:

Regarding the icons and authentication, it seems the images are available at the same path in the unraid API docker. I pointed the base url at that port and now it works without authentication

Nice. Can you screenshot your base URL with this fix for everyone to see? You can sensor your IP. Everyone know’s mine LOL.

5 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

You might want to switch the order of New Grafana Data Source and New Grafana Plugins in your 1.6 release post as you need the plugin to install the datasource.

I think most people will figure it out but it would provide a smoother update. :)

Back to the install now .... ;) 

Yeah, good point. Was just trying to get the info out the door quickly. Once I post the release info, I have to scramble to update post #1 and actually release the code before someone asks “where’s the download”. @SpencerJ Just glad our forum platform can handle MEGA POSTS in memory with tons of screenshots without crashing. I would have been devastated yesterday. I spent 4 hours putting these posts together while cross referencing development notes, testing, validation, screenshots, and screenshots editing. It’s a massive job. I appreciate the help!

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Nice. Can you screenshot your base URL with this fix for everyone to see? You can sensor your IP. Everyone know’s mine LOL.

Yup, here's the base URL format that I'm using. Haven't tested this with https. So the final URL ends up being something like: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3005/state/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/images/binhex-delugevpn-icon.png which is available without authentication

tempsnip.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Flendor said:

Thank you for your hard work on this. I loved the 1.5 version. I am however stuck with not knowing how to do this part of the installation process, if someone could please explain what to do.... I assume that I need to install Home Assistant Core, but then I grind to a halt

My Unraid API overview seems to be missing most of the data that I understand is needed for this to all come together. VMs and Doclers are empty.

You don't need the home assistant addon. Just install the docker from CA. Load the webpage, enter your server IP and credentials. Wait about 2 minutes, refresh, and you should see info on the API webpage. Once you see it there, you should see it in Grafana provided you have your datasource and queries correct.

31 minutes ago, clintkev251 said:

Yup, here's the base URL format that I'm using. Haven't tested this with https. So the final URL ends up being something like: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3005/state/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/images/binhex-delugevpn-icon.png which is available without authentication

tempsnip.png

Thanks. I'll give this a shot with my SSL setup. Adding the port may fix it. Stay tuned...

Hey guys. I'm playing around the UUD 1.7 development and I just added something that many will find useful to the UUD header.

image.thumb.png.04e3474506ae567c2bc230168a76d0e4.png

You'll noticed the UNRAID version is available from the API. Here is query and JSON if you want to add it now. 😊

image.png.ec88a85659f64c9bea493d09ad789f50.png

{
  "datasource": "$Datasource_UNRAID_API",
  "fieldConfig": {
    "defaults": {
      "custom": {
        "align": null,
        "filterable": false
      },
      "unit": "decbytes",
      "color": {
        "mode": "fixed",
        "fixedColor": "orange"
      },
      "thresholds": {
        "mode": "absolute",
        "steps": [
          {
            "color": "blue",
            "value": null
          }
        ]
      },
      "mappings": []
    },
    "overrides": []
  },
  "gridPos": {
    "h": 4,
    "w": 12,
    "x": 6,
    "y": 4
  },
  "id": 320,
  "links": [],
  "maxDataPoints": 1,
  "options": {
    "reduceOptions": {
      "values": false,
      "calcs": [
        "last"
      ],
      "fields": "/.*/"
    },
    "orientation": "auto",
    "textMode": "auto",
    "colorMode": "value",
    "graphMode": "none",
    "justifyMode": "center"
  },
  "pluginVersion": "7.3.7",
  "targets": [
    {
      "cacheDurationSeconds": 300,
      "fields": [
        {
          "jsonPath": "$.['servers']['https://192.168.1.7']['serverDetails'].version",
          "name": ""
        }
      ],
      "queryParams": "",
      "refId": "A",
      "urlPath": ""
    }
  ],
  "title": "UNRAID Version",
  "type": "stat",
  "cacheTimeout": null,
  "description": "",
  "hideTimeOverride": false,
  "interval": "",
  "timeFrom": null,
  "timeShift": null
}

37 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Thanks. I'll give this a shot with my SSL setup. Adding the port may fix it. Stay tuned...

This did not work for me. SSL seriously breaks the auto grabbing of the images. No worries. At least we have the authentication workaround. I banged my head off a wall for hours when I was first messing with this. It should just work I was thinking, and finally discovered the authentication loop that fixed it. 🙄 😂

Edited by falconexe

DEVELOPER UPDATE - UUD 1.7

Alrighty. Here's what I'm thinking is going to be the main focus of UUD 1.7. I personally would like to get a rolling LOG panel that directly reflects the UNRAID real time log. I've read some stuff in passing about an external log server, or even logging on the same server to flat files via the same method. The purpose being, if your server hard crashed, you'd have a record of what caused it before the logs got wiped on reboot.

So, I need some help here and need to be pointed in the right direction to make this happen. It may not be possible, but I want to give it a shot. Here are a few requests:

1. Has anyone ever setup a "log server" for their UNRAID box. If so, how did you accomplish this? What dockers, plugins, etc. did you use?

2. Has anyone ever messed with the "Logs" panel in Grafana. I suspect this is how I would present that data.

image.png.6a38070851a08c13f26b097694243a59.png

3. Does anyone already have this as a working solution and would like to share?

Edited by falconexe
10 hours ago, Flendor said:

Had the same issue, you need to input root for the credentials 

and possibly after edit the panels to reflect your servers IP with http(s)://

Edited by helvete