Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, FreeMan said:

First of all, what's a "variable constant"? Either it's variable, or it's constant... :)

 

Second, where are these defined? I rummaged about in the grafana interface a bit and didn't see anything obvious shouting at me.

 

Third, is it possible in any way, shape or form to have a "variable constant" called "Disk01" with a serial number value (or, probably, vice versa) that could be used in all the disk queries so that I can set them up once and have them automatically translated in the dashboard and, even better, between dashboard versions?

 

Dashboard settings >> Variables >> Set "Type" to "Constant" and give it a value then update. I dunno if it works tho.

 

image.thumb.png.b13e122b50db1502fdb0c0b1a3514edb.png

 

Your 3rd question, is covered by the "regular" variables (type "query") - I'm using influxdb v2 so it just shows me a big text box but on mine it might let you build a query. Then you could query the serial number for a specific disk and save it in a variable.

 

 

Edited by Phteven
Link to comment
9 hours ago, SpencerJ said:

Look what you did!

It wasn't on purpose, I promise!!

 

10 hours ago, falconexe said:

But for real guys, I'm going to be stepping away from the UUD for the foreseeable future. I have a lot going on in my personal life (divorce among other stuff) and I just need a

break.

 

You've put a lot into this and it's appreciated. Get yourself sorted out, and I pray we see you back some day.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
On 4/13/2021 at 4:17 AM, FreeMan said:

It wasn't on purpose, I promise!!

 

 

You've put a lot into this and it's appreciated. Get yourself sorted out, and I pray we see you back some day.


Thanks man. I appreciate it. It wasn’t you. I’ve been mulling it over for a few weeks. I’m sure I’ll be back. Just going on hiatus. Nvidia GPU monitoring was going to be in UUD 1.7, and since I still want that personally, I’m sure we’ll see it eventually added. The passion and excitement to further develop this will return...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Good Evening,

 

Let me first start by saying this is a ton of work and its really appreciated

 

After installing the various bits and bobs i've been unable to get most of my panels working and wondered if you knew where I went wrong (i'm sure its me cause well its working for everyone else.......)

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

 

image.thumb.png.3c9e81247aec8975605eae58175a7911.png

Link to comment
2 hours ago, acbaldwi said:

Good Evening,

 

Let me first start by saying this is a ton of work and its really appreciated

 

After installing the various bits and bobs i've been unable to get most of my panels working and wondered if you knew where I went wrong (i'm sure its me cause well its working for everyone else.......)

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

 

image.thumb.png.3c9e81247aec8975605eae58175a7911.png

Go through the dependencies list here 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

This is quite bizarre. After having gotten most things set up & working, yesterday several things, like the icon size in the Dockers displays and the queries that (weren't) pulling the array status and name had reset themselves to the way they were shipped. Now, this morning, the Dockers running panel has really reset itself:

image.png.1c42d97600f6e698313a4e56d87cce13.png

I had this displaying the images earlier, even had to reset image size from 64x64 to 32x32 because they were too big. Fortunately, edit, right-click > view image > login to UNRAID resolved the issue again.

 

I think because falconexe has quit, mine is falling apart. :(

Edited by FreeMan
Link to comment
6 hours ago, FreeMan said:

This is quite bizarre. After having gotten most things set up & working, yesterday several things, like the icon size in the Dockers displays and the queries that (weren't) pulling the array status and name had reset themselves to the way they were shipped. Now, this morning, the Dockers running panel has really reset itself:

image.png.1c42d97600f6e698313a4e56d87cce13.png

I had this displaying the images earlier, even had to reset image size from 64x64 to 32x32 because they were too big. Fortunately, edit, right-click > view image > login to UNRAID resolved the issue again.

 

I think because falconexe has quit, mine is falling apart. :(


LMAO. 😂

Link to comment
6 hours ago, falconexe said:

@FreeMan sorry man. Not sure what caused that. I know that Docker updates can really screw with stuff. Maybe the Grafana images plugin got updated and reset parameters? Good luck man.

 

Possibly, but Grafana updated 6 days ago and the "blip" happened 2 days ago. Either way - not your fault, enjoy your retirement sabbatical.

Link to comment
On 9/24/2020 at 11:55 PM, falconexe said:

 

As an alternate to IPMI to monitor CPU/System/Aux Temps, you can try the Sensors Plugin.

  • Enable [[inputs.sensors]] in the Telegraf Config (Uncomment It)image.png.428640e03b730afa1d36b8cb0f59b753.png
  • Bash into the Telegraf Docker and Execute "apk add lm_sensors"
  • Stop All 3 Dockers (Grafana > Telegraf > InfluxDB)
  • If You Want to Keep This Plugin in Perpetuity, You Will Need to Modify Your Telegraf Docker Post Arguments To (Adding lm_sensors):
    • "/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add ipmitool && apk add smartmontools && apk add lm_sensors && telegraf'"

  • Start All 3 Dockers (InfluxDB > Telegraf > Grafana)

Let me know if that works for you.

 

I may have missed this in subsequent pages, but how would I access the telegraf docker to run 'apk add lm_sensors' if I'm using testdasi's grafana unraid stack?

 

thanks so much for all you've done, @falconexe!

Link to comment
On 4/30/2021 at 12:41 PM, dexxy said:

 

I may have missed this in subsequent pages, but how would I access the telegraf docker to run 'apk add lm_sensors' if I'm using testdasi's grafana unraid stack?

 

thanks so much for all you've done, @falconexe!

 

Edit the Telegraf Docker container.

Select advanced view in the top right.

 

Scroll down to the Post Arguments line.

 

Put the commands you want to run on this line.

image.thumb.png.8eca84e23707152cc90741ee2fab7b4d.png

 

And Bob's my uncle.

 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
On 5/2/2021 at 11:09 PM, hogfixer said:

 

Edit the Telegraf Docker container.

Select advanced view in the top right.

 

Scroll down to the Post Arguments line.

 

Put the commands you want to run on this line.

image.thumb.png.8eca84e23707152cc90741ee2fab7b4d.png

 

And Bob's my uncle.

 

 

Thanks! So, the only docker I have running is the grafana unraid stack itself, so would I edit as follows?

 

image.thumb.png.16b3d1f0c056fdc39412e19885901c94.png

Link to comment
7 hours ago, dexxy said:

Thanks! So, the only docker I have running is the grafana unraid stack itself, so would I edit as follows?

 

image.thumb.png.16b3d1f0c056fdc39412e19885901c94.png

 

 

I don't use GUS, but that looks like you are correct.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

 

 

Open a console to influxdb.

 

You should have permission already for what you need.

 

You type influxdb

 

You next type CREATE DATABASE "name"

Replace "name" with the name of the database you want to create.

 

You can next type SHOW DATABASES to verify it was created.

 

If you are done with influxdb, you type exit and exit again to close the session and window.

 

image.png.6787ca325e9b2ec423df1e6e239b5efa.png

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

@falconexe The developer of the Grafana dynamic-image-panel just released a new Version with a new feature request from me.

It's now possible to show the status of a container/vm as an image overlay. So it's possible to get an overview with just one request.

 

Download pre-release version 2.3.0 or install via grafana-cli command line

 

grafana-cli --pluginUrl https://github.com/Dalvany/dalvany-image-panel/releases/download/v2.3.0/dalvany-image-panel-2.3.0.zip plugins install dalvany-image-panel

 

looks pretty cool

 

grafik.thumb.png.c6b8a1437cdaaa481e019d07446b9783.png

 

Config:

 

grafik.thumb.png.bfe69c473abb9a6abd99421cc290072a.png

 

Edited by corgan
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Can someone spot check me on the following? If the influxdb is stored in appdata, my appdata is on an SSD cache drive so I don't want it to get too big.

 

1. Influxdb data is stored in appdata by default. 

2. How can I limit the amount of data stored in the database? I saw a reference to something in this thread, but not much detail.

Here's how I think this should be done:

a. The default retention policy is called "autogen" and defaults to an infinite retention.

# influx
Connected to http://localhost:8086 version 1.8.4
InfluxDB shell version: 1.8.4
> SHOW RETENTION POLICIES ON telegraf
name    duration shardGroupDuration replicaN default
----    -------- ------------------ -------- -------
autogen 0s       168h0m0s           1        true
> 

To change this, issue this command to set it to, say, 4 weeks:

ALTER RETENTION POLICY "autogen" ON "telegraf" DURATION 4w DEFAULT

Other lengths of time are specified by a "duration literal" and are defined here: https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v1.8/query_language/spec/#durations

(minimum retention is 1h)

Link to comment

is there anyone who is willing to help me a littlebit over discord with this project? i see some data but not all of it and im a littlebit confused.
please write me a PM if you are willing to help me and we can link up on discord in the next few days :)

Link to comment

I'm having the craziest time with a simple thing, getting the apk commands to work. Whether I use the Post Arguments, or use the UnRAID console in to the Telegraf docker container, attempting to use the apk command just results in "apk: not found"

 

I'm clearly missing something simple, as I haven't seen this pop up for anyone else. Any ideas?

Using atribe's telegraf, repository telegraf:latest

telegraf conf - https://pastebin.com/EA6reVdA

 

docker_config.jpg

Link to comment
10 hours ago, jjjman321 said:

the apk command just results in "apk: not found"

 

I don't see this specified in the original post, but I fixed this by using "telegraf:1.18-alpine" as the Repository, rather than the default value of "telegraf:latest"

Link to comment
On 5/19/2021 at 11:47 PM, stFfn said:

is there anyone who is willing to help me a littlebit over discord with this project? i see some data but not all of it and im a littlebit confused.
please write me a PM if you are willing to help me and we can link up on discord in the next few days :)

anyone?

Link to comment
On 5/15/2021 at 6:33 PM, hogfixer said:

 

 

Open a console to influxdb.

 

You should have permission already for what you need.

 

You type influxdb

 

You next type CREATE DATABASE "name"

Replace "name" with the name of the database you want to create.

 

You can next type SHOW DATABASES to verify it was created.

 

If you are done with influxdb, you type exit and exit again to close the session and window.

 

image.png.6787ca325e9b2ec423df1e6e239b5efa.png

Thank you very much.

 

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2021 at 2:25 AM, corgan said:

@falconexe The developer of the Grafana dynamic-image-panel just released a new Version with a new feature request from me.

It's now possible to show the status of a container/vm as an image overlay. So it's possible to get an overview with just one request.

 

Download pre-release version 2.3.0 or install via grafana-cli command line

 




grafana-cli --pluginUrl https://github.com/Dalvany/dalvany-image-panel/releases/download/v2.3.0/dalvany-image-panel-2.3.0.zip plugins install dalvany-image-panel

 

looks pretty cool

 

grafik.thumb.png.c6b8a1437cdaaa481e019d07446b9783.png

 

Config:

 

grafik.thumb.png.bfe69c473abb9a6abd99421cc290072a.png

 

 

 

That's sweet man. Thanks for all of your work in this area. When I come back, I'll add this to UUD 1.7 and consolidate the Running/Non-Running panels!

 

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.