Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Diggewuff said:

Can I run telegraf in a custom br0.10 network? I run all my related services i.e: InfluxDB Grafana and my reverse proxy in there and cannot reach InfluxDB in the br0.10 network from Telegraf's standard host network. 

Take a look a few posts back and you'll see me trying to do the same thing.  I have a similar setup (but using br0.30 as interface)

My experience was that Telegraf would not work at all unless in host mode.  You'll need to make sure you have "Host Access to custom networks" turned is ON in order for Telegraf (in host mode) to talk to your InfluxDB container.  

 

The only thing I don't have working still is the running VMs/Dockers icons.   I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot these.

 

My setup below:

HTH

 

image.thumb.png.6e7838bc60ed3a8167869df3913621a7.png

 

image.thumb.png.aa87e9fb05340326e683efdfc5897f75.png

 

 

Edited by noties
misspelling
Link to comment

 

3 hours ago, noties said:

Take a look a few posts back and you'll see me trying to do the same thing.  I have a similar setup (but using br0.30 as interface)

My experience was that Telegraf would not work at all unless in host mode.  You'll need to make sure you have "Host Access to custom networks" turned is ON in order for Telegraf (in host mode) to talk to your InfluxDB container.  

 

The only thing I don't have working still is the running VMs/Dockers icons.   I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot these.

 

My setup below:

HTH

 

image.thumb.png.6e7838bc60ed3a8167869df3913621a7.png

 

image.thumb.png.aa87e9fb05340326e683efdfc5897f75.png

 

 

I Think I've got it configured as far as you did, really sad that the pictures aren't working. I'd be glad for any advice if you got any further.

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Diggewuff said:

 

I Think I've got it configured as far as you did, really sad that the pictures aren't working. I'd be glad for any advice if you got any further.

That's great news. 

 

I haven't had time to troubleshoot it more, but will let you and the forum know if I make any progress there.  

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there full on step 1 to xxx guide how to get this all working ? Including setup all the support docker images etc.. ?

 

EDIT: Well managed to get it working, except UNRAID API that one looks like something for homeassistant... not sure if its the one needed for this dashboard.

Edited by VladoPortos
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/6/2021 at 8:24 PM, falconexe said:

 

 

You need to edit the query by selecting your proper Plex Library section. If your library section names happen to mach the UUD (mine since I'm the developer) exactly, they will just magically work. So edit the panel, head over to the query, and click the library section tag and select from the auto populated drop own menu. Do this for all fo the N/As and you'll be in business. You can also copy any of these, change the color if you want, pick a different section, and change the name. So you can add things like Stand-Up, UFC, Home Movies, etc. This is just a template. Make it your own...

 

And for the map that shows all locations, that should be possible. I'll see what I can figure out.

I'm stuck here but I think I know the answer.  When you say library section, you mean you have numerous different folders in your library, correct?  Sections like Documentary Movies, Horror Movies, etc. as opposed to one folder for Movies, one folder for TV Shows, etc.  If that's the case that would obviously mean recreating the library into numerous folders for hundreds to thousands of movies for a lot of users.  Is there a way to pull the Plex Genre tag from the files instead of library folders which would allow using the data that's already there?  Love the UUD, really amazing work on such an awesome project!

Link to comment
On 8/9/2021 at 5:55 AM, VladoPortos said:

Is there full on step 1 to xxx guide how to get this all working ? Including setup all the support docker images etc.. ?

 

EDIT: Well managed to get it working, except UNRAID API that one looks like something for homeassistant... not sure if its the one needed for this dashboard.

It is, you need to install it and log into the webUI to pull your server's data.  Then use the IP of the container (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3005/api/getServers) as a JSON API data source in Grafana.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, boosting1bar said:

I'm stuck here but I think I know the answer.  When you say library section, you mean you have numerous different folders in your library, correct?  Sections like Documentary Movies, Horror Movies, etc. as opposed to one folder for Movies, one folder for TV Shows, etc.  If that's the case that would obviously mean recreating the library into numerous folders for hundreds to thousands of movies for a lot of users.  Is there a way to pull the Plex Genre tag from the files instead of library folders which would allow using the data that's already there?  Love the UUD, really amazing work on such an awesome project!


You need to change the sections in the UUD to your sections in your Plex. Nothing needs to change in Plex for anyone. I just provided samples of different options from my own personal library. So if movies are just in 1 folder, you can easily do that. It’s completely customizable.

 

I do not believe you can do it by Plex Genre. You are limited to what Varken can see in Tautulli.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, falconexe said:


You need to change the sections in the UUD to your sections in your Plex. Nothing needs to change in Plex for anyone. I just provided samples of different options from my own personal library. So if movies are just in 1 folder, you can easily do that. It’s completely customizable.

Yeah that's what I'm asking though, for your library you have numerous movies folders that match up to those categories that come in the default config right (documentary movies, anime movies, etc)?  Since a lot of us only have one folder for movies or tv shows that's the only category that is going to populate and there's no way to further delineate that, correct?  (No way other than redoing the Plex library hierarchy to multiple folders of categorized movies, I think)

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone -- new user here trying to perform initial setup. I've followed the guide and setup the telegraf.conf file per the documentation and the InfluxDB output settings. For some reason when I go to start up Telegraf, I get a 401 unauthorized error when telegraf attempts to create the telegraf db. I've tried to configure a token, but that variable isn't recognized. I tried setting up a username and password and updated those settings in the telegraf.conf file but no luck. output.influxdb config settings and error are below.

 

outputs.influxdb config

 

# Configuration for sending metrics to InfluxDB
[[outputs.influxdb]]
  ## The full HTTP or UDP URL for your InfluxDB instance.
  ##
  ## Multiple URLs can be specified for a single cluster, only ONE of the
  ## urls will be written to each interval.
  # urls = ["unix:///var/run/influxdb.sock"]
  # urls = ["udp://127.0.0.1:8089"]
urls = ["http://myprivateip:8086"]

  ## The target database for metrics; will be created as needed.
  ## For UDP url endpoint database needs to be configured on server side.
  #  database = "telegraf"

  ## The value of this tag will be used to determine the database.  If this
  ## tag is not set the 'database' option is used as the default.
  # database_tag = ""

  ## If true, the 'database_tag' will not be included in the written metric.
  # exclude_database_tag = false

  ## If true, no CREATE DATABASE queries will be sent.  Set to true when using
  ## Telegraf with a user without permissions to create databases or when the
  ## database already exists.
  # skip_database_creation = false

  ## Name of existing retention policy to write to.  Empty string writes to
  ## the default retention policy.  Only takes effect when using HTTP.
  # retention_policy = ""

  ## The value of this tag will be used to determine the retention policy.  If this
  ## tag is not set the 'retention_policy' option is used as the default.
  # retention_policy_tag = ""

  ## If true, the 'retention_policy_tag' will not be included in the written metric.
  # exclude_retention_policy_tag = false

  ## Write consistency (clusters only), can be: "any", "one", "quorum", "all".
  ## Only takes effect when using HTTP.
  # write_consistency = "any"

  ## Timeout for HTTP messages.
  # timeout = "5s"

  ## HTTP Basic Auth
username = "telegraf"
password = "mypassword"

  ## Token for authentication
  # token = "$INFLUX_TOKEN"

  ## HTTP User-Agent
  # user_agent = "telegraf"

  ## UDP payload size is the maximum packet size to send.
  # udp_payload = "512B"

  ## Optional TLS Config for use on HTTP connections.
  # tls_ca = "/etc/telegraf/ca.pem"
  # tls_cert = "/etc/telegraf/cert.pem"
  # tls_key = "/etc/telegraf/key.pem"
  ## Use TLS but skip chain & host verification
  # insecure_skip_verify = false

  ## HTTP Proxy override, if unset values the standard proxy environment
  ## variables are consulted to determine which proxy, if any, should be used.
  # http_proxy = "http://corporate.proxy:3128"

  ## Additional HTTP headers
  # http_headers = {"X-Special-Header" = "Special-Value"}

  ## HTTP Content-Encoding for write request body, can be set to "gzip" to
  ## compress body or "identity" to apply no encoding.
  # content_encoding = "gzip"

  ## When true, Telegraf will output unsigned integers as unsigned values,
  ## i.e.: "42u".  You will need a version of InfluxDB supporting unsigned
  ## integer values.  Enabling this option will result in field type errors if
  ## existing data has been written.
  # influx_uint_support = false

 

Error from telegraf log

 

021-08-28T03:41:43Z W! [outputs.influxdb] When writing to [http://myprivateip:8086]: database "telegraf" creation failed: 401 Unauthorized
2021-08-28T03:41:53Z E! [outputs.influxdb] E! [outputs.influxdb] Failed to write metric (will be dropped: 401 Unauthorized):

Link to comment
On 8/27/2021 at 11:51 PM, Xardis said:

Hi everyone -- new user here trying to perform initial setup. I've followed the guide and setup the telegraf.conf file per the documentation and the InfluxDB output settings. For some reason when I go to start up Telegraf, I get a 401 unauthorized error when telegraf attempts to create the telegraf db. I've tried to configure a token, but that variable isn't recognized. I tried setting up a username and password and updated those settings in the telegraf.conf file but no luck. output.influxdb config settings and error are below.

 

outputs.influxdb config

 

# Configuration for sending metrics to InfluxDB
[[outputs.influxdb]]
  ## The full HTTP or UDP URL for your InfluxDB instance.
  ##
  ## Multiple URLs can be specified for a single cluster, only ONE of the
  ## urls will be written to each interval.
  # urls = ["unix:///var/run/influxdb.sock"]
  # urls = ["udp://127.0.0.1:8089"]
urls = ["http://myprivateip:8086"]

  ## The target database for metrics; will be created as needed.
  ## For UDP url endpoint database needs to be configured on server side.
  #  database = "telegraf"

  ## The value of this tag will be used to determine the database.  If this
  ## tag is not set the 'database' option is used as the default.
  # database_tag = ""

  ## If true, the 'database_tag' will not be included in the written metric.
  # exclude_database_tag = false

  ## If true, no CREATE DATABASE queries will be sent.  Set to true when using
  ## Telegraf with a user without permissions to create databases or when the
  ## database already exists.
  # skip_database_creation = false

  ## Name of existing retention policy to write to.  Empty string writes to
  ## the default retention policy.  Only takes effect when using HTTP.
  # retention_policy = ""

  ## The value of this tag will be used to determine the retention policy.  If this
  ## tag is not set the 'retention_policy' option is used as the default.
  # retention_policy_tag = ""

  ## If true, the 'retention_policy_tag' will not be included in the written metric.
  # exclude_retention_policy_tag = false

  ## Write consistency (clusters only), can be: "any", "one", "quorum", "all".
  ## Only takes effect when using HTTP.
  # write_consistency = "any"

  ## Timeout for HTTP messages.
  # timeout = "5s"

  ## HTTP Basic Auth
username = "telegraf"
password = "mypassword"

  ## Token for authentication
  # token = "$INFLUX_TOKEN"

  ## HTTP User-Agent
  # user_agent = "telegraf"

  ## UDP payload size is the maximum packet size to send.
  # udp_payload = "512B"

  ## Optional TLS Config for use on HTTP connections.
  # tls_ca = "/etc/telegraf/ca.pem"
  # tls_cert = "/etc/telegraf/cert.pem"
  # tls_key = "/etc/telegraf/key.pem"
  ## Use TLS but skip chain & host verification
  # insecure_skip_verify = false

  ## HTTP Proxy override, if unset values the standard proxy environment
  ## variables are consulted to determine which proxy, if any, should be used.
  # http_proxy = "http://corporate.proxy:3128"

  ## Additional HTTP headers
  # http_headers = {"X-Special-Header" = "Special-Value"}

  ## HTTP Content-Encoding for write request body, can be set to "gzip" to
  ## compress body or "identity" to apply no encoding.
  # content_encoding = "gzip"

  ## When true, Telegraf will output unsigned integers as unsigned values,
  ## i.e.: "42u".  You will need a version of InfluxDB supporting unsigned
  ## integer values.  Enabling this option will result in field type errors if
  ## existing data has been written.
  # influx_uint_support = false

 

Error from telegraf log

 

021-08-28T03:41:43Z W! [outputs.influxdb] When writing to [http://myprivateip:8086]: database "telegraf" creation failed: 401 Unauthorized
2021-08-28T03:41:53Z E! [outputs.influxdb] E! [outputs.influxdb] Failed to write metric (will be dropped: 401 Unauthorized):

Hello,

 

Grasping at straws here.  What repository for influxdb are you using?  is it "influxdb:1.8.4-alpine"? 

 

image.thumb.png.c83753f956a3b238fdf06006494c9727.png

 

See this message 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, hogfixer said:

Hello,

 

Grasping at straws here.  What repository for influxdb are you using?  is it "influxdb:1.8.4-alpine"? 

 

image.thumb.png.c83753f956a3b238fdf06006494c9727.png

 

See this message 

 

Edit - updating the repository worked like a charm! Thank you very much!

 

Hey - thanks for the reply. I don't really know all of the different variables needed to help solve these issues yet - I'm very new to troubleshooting these contains. I'm using the repository - "influxdb:alpine". I'll review this post as well and try modifying my repository to this version as well. Everything is pointing to a permissions issue with logging in, but I know I've got the correct username/password combo configured.

Edited by Xardis
Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

@falconexe How much power of cpu and mem needed for this cool and very big dashboard ?

                      i mean how much % of cpu and mem its taking for all dockers that it uses .

                      if i have only 4 core cpu 24GB mem in unraid ...

im already using prometheus its take very small amount of % CPU and Mem.

Thanks

Link to comment

Mine uses between 700-1000MB of RAM for the 6 dockers that compose the UUD.  However, over 600MB of that is the Influx docker and I have a lot of devices other than UNRAID writing to my influx docker, so you may likely be around 300MB total.

 

CPU load is between 1.5 to 3% load on a Core i7-4790. It's very periodic, certainly not much of a sustained requirement.

 

Chrome tab to load it is about 195Mb, compared with 105Mb for this page.

dockerram.jpg

Link to comment

I really like this dashboard. I really don't like the work involved to set it up. Yes, I am that lazy. I for sure would pay for an "app" or plugin or whatever that made this easy.

 

Thanks for all the work and putting this together, awesome tools and I really appreciate you making it all available and providing the video help too! The learning in putting this together on my own I am sure would make it worth it too....

Link to comment
On 3/22/2021 at 8:55 AM, falconexe said:

For all those having issues with the images, please see the post right after the release post. You need to adjust the IP address in the query (server) and the Base URL in the plugin.

 

For those who are having issues with the UNRAID API even showing data (on its own web page), please ensure you log in with "root" and that password. Please also pay attention to the HTTPS checkbox. If you get this wrong, it will not work! Give it a few minutes. If you are still not having success, try stopping and restarting the docker. If that does not work, completely blow away the docker AND APP DATA folder for the docker, and try again with "root" and the correct level of security (checkbox).

 

If all else fails, please report the NON UUD issue to the topic forum that handles that Docker.

 

Link to comment
On 3/22/2021 at 11:04 AM, skaterpunk0187 said:

I could not find anything about this. I spent the last hour on this, I mirrored my server port in my switch and ran tcpdump. It turns out if you are using the unraid.net plugin with remote access enabled it disables IP direct connections with a DNS hackery with a random string .unraid.net. This blocks the UNRAID-API from connecting to unraid with an IP and UNRAID-API is not capable (from what I can tell) of using a FQDN as a connection. Side note it just doesn't use DNS lookup. Also UNRAID-API or unraid itself seems to have an issue with "Use SSL/TLS" set to auto (or at lease for me) but works 100% if that setting is set to yes or now and proper settings are used in UNRAID-API. Soon as I signed out and removed the unraid.net plugin the API worked just fine. Hopefully this will help others. 

And Awesome work @falconexe with 1.6.

Still not able to see icons.  Everything else is working just not the icons.

Linking back to that post on the first form page does nothing it does not explain whats going on or perhaps how to fix it. :(

Link to comment
1 minute ago, IronBeardKnight said:

Still not able to see icons.  Everything else is working just not the icons.

Linking back to that post on the first form page does nothing it does not explain whats going on or perhaps how to fix it. :(



I have fixed this issue for anyone wanting to know what the problem is
step 1: Grafana

image.png.e8bc45e22158a968c77d85ad52ed1cec.png

 

Step 2: Grafana

make sure this is your local ip if your not exposing unraid or grafana to the internet and your keeping it local.

image.png.d300ca995f9cd59fda837317a4f29be5.png

 

Step 3: Grafana 

Confirm you have the correct Encryption method selected or if your running non engcryption and apply.

Do this for every graph that uses the Unraid-API

image.png.5dabc316bceae061bc753b6c0bb8a6c6.png

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

 

I just setup the UUD 1.6 and got most things working. This is just great! Thank you!

 

I'm having a problem with the drive selection on top. It's not showing any drives. Any pointers on where i might look to fix this?

image.thumb.png.0dd847afca6225fa0ac9dcde2ae42a43.png

It's the same for all the drive dropdowns. I'm sure i just forgot some simple step somewhere...

 

Thanks!

 

Nevermind. I was missing this in my telegraf.conf:

device_tags = ["ID_SERIAL"]

in the diskio section.

I also added this for good measure:

skip_serial_number = false

 

Edited by cobalt027
Solution found
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.