Titan Security Key

ytddewqf

Hi, 

Just a quick question. Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding the Titan Security Key, specifically how it would play with Unraid? 

As it uses NFC, I was wondering if it would be possible to setup Unraid to use the key (located in maybe a nearby draw) in order to boot up, however in the event of the server being stolen, then the key would be an extra level of security. 

I may have misunderstood the use of the key and be off point, but wanted to ask. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Titan Security key is basically Google's idea of a Yubikey. Its FIDO U2F. You're asking for something along the lines of:

Now, there is a method you could use U2F for and that is encryption. I encrypt my desktop and have a randomly generated 32 character password (alphanumeric+symbols). Yubikey's have 2 slots. I've set slot 1 (tap) to be U2F and slot 2 (hold down) as the 32-character password. I use the 2nd slot to decrypt my system. I couldn't remember the password if I wanted. I know you can encrypt drives now in Unraid, so you could encrypt all the storage and use a 32 character password completely randomly generated alphanumeric+symbols and store it on a couple keys in slot2. Put one key in a safe and another on your keyring.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Darksurf said:

The Titan Security key is basically Google's idea of a Yubikey. Its FIDO U2F. You're asking for something along the lines of:

Now, there is a method you could use U2F for and that is encryption. I encrypt my desktop and have a randomly generated 32 character password (alphanumeric+symbols). Yubikey's have 2 slots. I've set slot 1 (tap) to be U2F and slot 2 (hold down) as the 32-character password. I use the 2nd slot to decrypt my system. I couldn't remember the password if I wanted. I know you can encrypt drives now in Unraid, so you could encrypt all the storage and use a 32 character password completely randomly generated alphanumeric+symbols and store it on a couple keys in slot2. Put one key in a safe and another on your keyring.

Many thanks. Just what I was after, I'll look into that setup. 👍