(Solved) USB drives disconnecting randomly

TheSkaz

I have a new fresh install of unraid Version: 6.9.0-beta25 and I have selected my 10 drives to be part of the array. 8 of those drives are connected to an HBA, 2 of them are connected via USB 3.1 in an external 4 bay case. the 2 that are connected through USB keep dropping at around 1-2 percent:

image.thumb.png.897d138f2f735d94f05b1b92a50e9d66.png

I know the drives are good, I cannot see them in system devices. This is the 4 bay device:

https://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-SATA-Hard-Drive-Enclosure/dp/B078YQHWYW/ref=sr_1_18?crid=17E73CTFH7K5G&dchild=1&keywords=4+bay+hdd+enclosure+usb-c+10gb&qid=1600316641&sprefix=usb+c+4+bay%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-18

The mobo is an Asus Zenith Extreme II Alpha if that matters. 

best i can tell, the usb enclosure is an HBA. 

Any Ideas?

tower-diagnostics-20200916-2117.zip

Edited by TheSkaz

I understand that, although I didnt know you could get a cable to go from one to the other. that is pretty cool. 

Full Disclosure:

the whole system has 3 GPUs in 3 of the slots. in the 4th slot there is an 8 port HBA. so 8 of my drives are there. I am using 4 of the onboard sata ports. the other 4 are disabled due to an nvme drive in the back slot. I also have 4 other nvme drives. this is a new mobo and was trying to hook up all my drives. I have 2 more that I figured could go USB, but that doesnt work. If I could just get those last drives connected......