VM Crashed | Automatic Repair | After Reinstall working | Now hanging at Tianocore with 100% on one core

Michal17

Hey guys, 

im starting to be really sad about this.

My unraid server, with one VM (for couple of license servers) was working for 2 years with no problem. No gpu, just bunch of disks. VM installed on unassigned ssd.

It was all done at once on 6.3.5 i think. Two weeks ago, before holiday i updated unraid to 6.8.3. All was working just fine (traditional parity checks, VM  working) but with no real usage of whole server.

Yesterday VM windows 10 showed some red error regarding disk. There was some windows update so i restarted windows. After that it dropped to automatic repair cycle. I browsed the forum, tried everything (one core, new template etc), nothing helped.

I lost my patience, reinstalled windows (on old template with the same windows.iso). It was working, i`ve installed couple of things, windows requested restart for updates aaaaand here we are back again....hanging on Tianocore with 100% cpu usage on one core...

Help me please

- attached latest diagnostics

- i have diagnostics from yesterday, but that`s history (if anyone wants it for research, i`ll post it)

tower-diagnostics-20200917-1036.zip

Edited by Michal17

Another thing to add:

after restart, my bios had scrambled boot order, so it was trying to boot the windows VM and it froze the same way (only with ASRock logo instead of Tianocore)

Lastly, yesterday before it all went to s***, unassigned devices had new update = maybe this could be it...

Help please