Server unresponsive (PLEX docker)

Howdy gang

This is a new installation with 6.8.3.  2x2TB drives with one as parity.  No Cache.  It will run great as a plain NAS, but when I added PLEX docker it becomes unresponsive sometime overnight and when I wake up in the morning I can't login through the web interface.  It's dropped off of the client IP table of the router and I can't ping it.

Since it started doing it after installing the PLEX docker, if I turn the docker off at night the server will stay up for days.  But, if I forget, it's dead in the morning.  I tried the other PLEX dockers and it's the same thing.  

Any ideas?  I can't get a log for obvious reasons :(

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Plex-Media-Server' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='Insert Token from https://plex.tv/claim' -e 'PLEX_UID'='99' -e 'PLEX_GID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/tmp':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Video/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server':'/config':'rw' 'plexinc/pms-docker' 

9bfe68213d5b2d271a1bd04bda0d9ebb385a572594f01aa488237939172a856b

The command finished successfully!

I've never tried to use plex without internet, don't know if that will work or not. In any case, there will be a lot of things you can't do unless your server can reach the internet, including installing plugins and dockers.

How are you even able to install the plex docker without internet?

/tmp is in RAM, so mapping that to /transcode is going to use RAM when you transcode.

1 minute ago, BodoTheWaterGuy said:

Yup, already did that!

Well then, if that won't work for you, perhaps you should consider alternatives such as Emby or Jellyfin.  They are far less Internet dependent than Plex and can happily work with no Internet connection at all.  At least, that is what users of these solutions say.  I personally use Plex.

16 hours ago, halfelite said:

Inside plex turn off everything DLNA related. I bet you are filling your log files to fast with all that messy talk. inside plex goto settings and DLNA and uncheck Enable the DLNA server

Will check that when I get home.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, civic95man said:

Could Plex be doing housekeeping jobs during the night (scanning media, creating thumbnails, etc) and eating up all of your memory?

Maybe.  I caught it chugging away early this morning (yea 5 am alarms...) and it was working on 'deep analysis'.  This isn't something I need PLEX to do.  So, I turned off that option.  When it was doing that, PLEX only had 300MB of memory tied up.

1 hour ago, BodoTheWaterGuy said:

Maybe.  I caught it chugging away early this morning (yea 5 am alarms...) and it was working on 'deep analysis'.  This isn't something I need PLEX to do.  So, I turned off that option.  When it was doing that, PLEX only had 300MB of memory tied up.

Plex itself could be consuming only 300MB of memory; however, if it needs to create any temporary files while doing it's work, it might be doing that in your /tmp.  That resides only in RAM and is counted separately from what plex reports.