New with cache drive, some advice

Cren0

Ok, so I decided to add a cache drive, to speed some things up with data transfer.

I bought WD blue 1 tb SSD to start with, about a month ago.

I watched the youtube vid about the cache and the setup.

Q1 IF the drive fails....I have now setup (as it said in the vid) shared appdata, domains and system to setting as "use cache"-Prefer.

-Now the shares tab has all these shares in Yellow triangle to indicate that, some or all files unprotected, so if the drive fails, should those share be lost also..? - what should the setting be then ?

Q2 SO the drive has now started to indicate some issues every time I open the control of my server and the

Reallocated sector count is now 15 and somehow the SMART report is showing yellow thump down. The last SMART scan resulted as:Completed without error as I did it just now.

SO should I be worried about the rising count and what would be smart choice of action about those shares...?

thanx

The yellow triangles are shown because you have a single cache drive.

The only way to get them green again is adding a second drive to a cache pool that is configured in RAID1 (redundancy)

But in all cases you should have backups of the appdata and system folders in case anything goes south.

Use CA Appdata Backup and restore from the community applications.

For Q2 - @trurl allready requested your diagnostics file so some of the gurus can look into your reallocated sector issue.