Looking for advise for encrypted cloud storage using public (not my server) cloud services... (mega / dropbox / google)

questionbot

Hi there... I have been using encrypted cloud storage solution on linux for a long time now. Basically in linux it worked like this... I would install a encryption binary... like CryFS (really great but no windows port, I only use linux boses so that is not an issue for me) or SecureFS (runs on windows as well) or something user friendly likeCryptomator

The way these things work is that you completely encrypt everything inside a folder. These cryptors are special as they are designed for syncing services so it is not encrypting into a solid block. Anyway, you then mount that dir to a different path, then work in that mout. The mout is "open" and unencrypted and you use it like a normal directory. You then sync to your cloud like google or whatever the encrypted folder.. so nothing goes to the cloud that is not encrypted.

Is there anything like that for unraid? Maybe Cryptmator or something. It is just I am super impressed by the file sharing of unraid.. and think as it is always on I could have a directory on unraid sharing to the cloud as a type document backup... but it is always encrypted. Then I can "mount" these dirs directly from the network to my workstation as they are the "open" dirs in unraid.

I am not the best communicator.. is that making sense?

Anyway, anything like that already in unraid? Something designed to encrypt data that is uploaded to the cloud?