Data rebuild Finished (1 errors)


8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Unraid Parity sync / Data rebuild: 13-09-2020 04:23
Notice [TOWER] - Parity sync / Data rebuild finished (1 errors)
Duration: 10 hours, 5 minutes, 33 seconds. Average speed: 110.1 MB/s

 

What do I do with a data rebuild that rebuilt with 1 error?

Now when I run parity check I get a single error.

How do I handle this?

Link to post

Unless you are trying to debug something related to mover I recommend disabling mover logging, it just clutters up syslog and isn't anonymized.

 

I haven't reviewed SMART for each of your large number of disks. Do any disks have SMART warnings on the Dashboard?

 

On 5 Sep you had problems with original disk11 which became disabled. Instead of rebuilding disk11, you did New Config / Trust Parity on 7 Sep, followed soon after by disk11 again disabled. Disk11 replaced on 12 Sep, SMART for still attached original disk11 looks OK.

 

Looks like these may have just been connection issues. How was this disk attached?

 

I didn't notice any I/O errors during rebuild but may have overlooked them. Is there an Error count on Main - Array Devices for any disk?

 

Can you provide any other details?

 

 

 

Link to post

Rebuild was successful, error was from a corrected block on parity2:

Sep 12 18:17:05 Tower kernel: md: recovery thread: Q corrected, sector=128

I would ignore for now, but keep an eye on it, any more sync errors (without a reason like from an unclean shutdown) might indicate a hardware issue.

Link to post
On 9/22/2020 at 7:14 PM, trurl said:

Unless you are trying to debug something related to mover I recommend disabling mover logging, it just clutters up syslog and isn't anonymized.

 

I haven't reviewed SMART for each of your large number of disks. Do any disks have SMART warnings on the Dashboard?

 

On 5 Sep you had problems with original disk11 which became disabled. Instead of rebuilding disk11, you did New Config / Trust Parity on 7 Sep, followed soon after by disk11 again disabled. Disk11 replaced on 12 Sep, SMART for still attached original disk11 looks OK.

 

Looks like these may have just been connection issues. How was this disk attached?

 

I didn't notice any I/O errors during rebuild but may have overlooked them. Is there an Error count on Main - Array Devices for any disk?

 

Can you provide any other details?

 

 

 

Yeah this is what was weird the disk SMART was fine so I tried to rebuild the config since it had 4 read errors. 

But when I rebuilt it it got a lot more errors. 

The disk is still sitting there but it is not in the array anymore. 

I have a Norco 24 bay drive case with a sas back plane connected to dell perc cards in IT mode. 

I will shut down the server and check the cables. 

 

EDIT: Not bad cables, bad drive, Error 187. Unraid did no notify me of this, and the drive was green until I rebooted the server. Once I replaced that drive the array is functioning as normal. 

 

 

Edited by exist2resist
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.