disk 2 always spun up

loady

• 6 months later...
On 9/23/2020 at 11:14 AM, Squid said:

Where is this file located? '/mnt/user/docker.img'  Since you've told it to store it in the root of one of the disks we can't tell which disk it may actually be on.  (Ie:  from Main explorer each disk until you find it)

Additionally, run the filesystem checks on disk 3 https://wiki.unraid.net/Check_Disk_Filesystems

Sorry, i completly forgot this thread, just seen disk two is costantly spun up and found this thread again !

the docker.img seems to be on disk 2,3,4 only disk 2 remains spun up, parity seems to be constanly spun up too. With regard to file system check on disk 3, i have just rebuilt that drive today after repairing a corrupt filesystem, disk 2 and parity have been spun up ever since

7 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Perfectly plausible to have copies of docker.img on multiple disks, but only one will be the currently used copy. Recommend you delete the extraneous ones.

But isn't that the way if you have high water set, won't I damage my docker if I delete it from disk 3 and 4?... Then how do I go about stopping disk 2 being spun up all the time

19 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You would need to get it moved to a pool (cache) so it is no longer on the main array.   This is also desirable from a performance perspective.

i thought i had, i had all my appdata folders on the cache, is it just a matter of setting the docker.img to cache only ?

6 hours ago, Squid said:

No unless you've copied them there, or messed up a command or something.  .cache, .local, .screen, mdcmd are probably remnants of whatever you did.

Think its safe to delete them or just leave them be ?...probably from the early days when i had even less of a clue