ASRock Rack X570D4U

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been experiencing freeze and lockups since I upgrade to BIOS 1.40 and Firmware 1.20 for the X570D4U-2L2T. I have two of these boards. One of them is using an LSI card with no use of the MARVEL sata ports while the other has a combination of both. Before using the X570D4U-2L2T for my UNRAID build, I was using the one with no LSI CARD using the MARVEL SATA ports and had no issues with BIOS 1.30 and Firmware 1.10. 

So I'm not sure if somehow the board has gone bad or it is a bug introduced in the firmware and BIOS. For now, I'll disable Global C States to see if it changes anything.

Again this entire story with the use of MARVEL SATA is just to explain that it is the only difference between both systems. One is using an LSI only and on my RAID system I'm using both and before it was only using the board's SATA ports. Not sure if there is a link to be made there as I am not familiar with GLOBAL C STATES but read it caused some people issues, freezes / lockups.

Edited by tessierp
  • 1 month later...
On 11/12/2021 at 3:39 PM, tessierp said:

I have been experiencing freeze and lockups since I upgrade to BIOS 1.40 and Firmware 1.20 for the X570D4U-2L2T. I have two of these boards. One of them is using an LSI card with no use of the MARVEL sata ports while the other has a combination of both. Before using the X570D4U-2L2T for my UNRAID build, I was using the one with no LSI CARD using the MARVEL SATA ports and had no issues with BIOS 1.30 and Firmware 1.10. 

So I'm not sure if somehow the board has gone bad or it is a bug introduced in the firmware and BIOS. For now, I'll disable Global C States to see if it changes anything.

Again this entire story with the use of MARVEL SATA is just to explain that it is the only difference between both systems. One is using an LSI only and on my RAID system I'm using both and before it was only using the board's SATA ports. Not sure if there is a link to be made there as I am not familiar with GLOBAL C STATES but read it caused some people issues, freezes / lockups.

I also have a X570D4U-2L2T AMD Ryzen 7 3700X  2* Kingston Server Premier 16 Go DDR4 2666 MHz ECC CL19 pie

BMC Firmware Version 1.10.00

BIOS Firmware Version P1.30

PSP Firmware Version 0.14.0.20
I disabled C STATES and have a lot less crashes but still usually after 1 month it keeps on crashing