ASRock Rack X570D4U

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

I really consider this MB since it has all the feature we want for a NAS build, 10G ethernet, ECC, 8 sata ports, remote management and so on

Is there any alternative to consider ?

What memory speed are you using ? Since Ryzen love speed I consider using 4000mhz kits but it seems it can only does 3200 ...

cheers

5 minutes ago, Ponpont said:

Thank for the heads up

I forgot to mention I might be using Ryzen 7 5800X or 5600X, so maybe this will be better ?

Stock speeds at 3200mhz shouldn’t be much different than running with higher speeds and you won’t need to overclock which adds more instability.

I too want this motherboard but it’s impossible to find right now. Provantage even took down their listing for it and when I called them, they said it could be 1-2 months before it is in stock.

On 11/16/2020 at 4:15 AM, Ponpont said:

Hi

I really consider this MB since it has all the feature we want for a NAS build, 10G ethernet, ECC, 8 sata ports, remote management and so on

Is there any alternative to consider ?

What memory speed are you using ? Since Ryzen love speed I consider using 4000mhz kits but it seems it can only does 3200 ...

cheers

I am using 32GB of ECC ram @ 2666 - one of the Kingstons listed on the supported list for the MB.

8 hours ago, loukaniko85 said:

I have installed the IPMI plugin and everything is displayed correctly; fan control is something I am still unable to rectify. It states fan is not configured.

Apparently, the X570D4U and X570D4U-2L2T work a little different than their predecessors. It looks like @cakes044 has gotten the fan controls to work with impitool. Hopefully, @dmacias will provide an update to the IPMI plugin here in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be late to the party but everything has been working fine on this board with Unraid apart from all the IPMI fan stuff which I hacked together a solution that you can see in that post.

There is actually a bug on this board that you may not have noticed yet, but RX traffic on the network adapters with the specific version of the firmware/BIOS is actually degrading the network performance to 1/3 of the speed. Again, only on RX.

I have already raised this issue with Asrock Rack and they have confirmed the issue with a specific AMD driver combination after many many emails and actually sending my board back.

A friend of mine has the X570D4U-2L2T and doesn't have this issue, so its only for the X570D4U where the firmware has been affected.

Other than that, this board is killer. I have not found another board on the market that is anything like this for this price tag.

Happy to answer anything else.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, cakes044 said:

Might be late to the party but everything has been working fine on this board with Unraid apart from all the IPMI fan stuff which I hacked together a solution that you can see in that post.

There is actually a bug on this board that you may not have noticed yet, but RX traffic on the network adapters with the specific version of the firmware/BIOS is actually degrading the network performance to 1/3 of the speed. Again, only on RX.

I have already raised this issue with Asrock Rack and they have confirmed the issue with a specific AMD driver combination after many many emails and actually sending my board back.

A friend of mine has the X570D4U-2L2T and doesn't have this issue, so its only for the X570D4U where the firmware has been affected.

Other than that, this board is killer. I have not found another board on the market that is anything like this for this price tag.

That’s the thing I’ve noticed with ASRock Rack over the years (just reading comments and such). They try a lot of different things with their boards (form factors, sockets, PCIE layouts, etc.), but that also leaves them spread pretty thin in terms of BIOS development and getting it right initially. Even with that said, I know that they have great customer service and I look forward to getting my X570D4U-2L2T in the mail next week. I expect my fair share of issues but I think that’s part of the fun of trying something new.

Thanks for your work figuring out the fans! I hope dmacias will make an update to the IPMI plugin soon.

Edited by ramblinreck47
  • Like 1
On 11/27/2020 at 11:17 AM, ramblinreck47 said:

That’s the thing I’ve noticed with ASRock Rack over the years (just reading comments and such). They try a lot of different things with their boards (form factors, sockets, PCIE layouts, etc.), but that also leaves them spread pretty thin in terms of BIOS development and getting it right initially. Even with that said, I know that they have great customer service and I look forward to getting my X570D4U-2L2T in the mail next week. I expect my fair share of issues but I think that’s part of the fun of trying something new.

Thanks for your work figuring out the fans! I hope dmacias will make an update to the IPMI plugin soon.

Yeah totally, these kinds of things are expected but you do get a board that has all the bells and whistles that are not being offered in other boards for this price.

If it gives you any confidence my friend has been using the 2L2T with no issues so far with Unraid. So fingers crossed most of the major bugs have been ironed out :)

No worries, was happy to help. 👍

• Thanks 1
On 11/27/2020 at 9:13 AM, cakes044 said:

Just wondering what USB you're using to boot with? I'm looking at getting the X570D4U02L2T and as best I can see its only got USB 3.1 x2 on the rear plate and a 3.1 Gen 1 header.

Are you using a USB 3.0 flash or USB 2 flash drive? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For those of you running this board, what, if any, BIOS changes did you make for your build?  I'm having stability issues and am struggling to pin it down without having to take my system offline for days of testing.  After getting my 68TB of data moved and building out my docker needs I started getting system lockups and was getting about 1-1.5 days of runtime before locking up again.  I made the "rcu_nocbs=0-31" change to mysyslinux.cfg file and got 3 days of runtime before locking up.  I got hopefully when I hit the 2 day mark but still locked up eventually.  I now have disabled Global C States, but people are saying both of the changes should no longer be necessary with 6.9.x.  I'm running 6.9.1.  

Any ideas from your setups would be great!

I have same MOBO now. BIOS 1.10, ECC 2x32 3200.
I test it for few hours yet. No lockups, just poor data transfers. Installing W10P for testing.
TexasDaddy - did you upgrade the BIOS to 1.10?
What ram slots did you populate?

I did almost no BIOS changes, especially advanced ones.

EDIT: I can confirm NICs BUG! Laughable transfers under Linux.

Edited by CobraPL
On 11/26/2020 at 11:13 PM, cakes044 said:

On that matter, PLEASE, everyone that has this problem, open a support ticket on Asrock so they know there are more people interested in a fix.

http://event.asrockrack.com/tsd.asp

for the serial number, just copy it from IPMI.