[Support] Linuxserver.io - Wikijs

I'm not sure why people are having so many problems with this. I almost didn't try this based on all the feedback here.

I just downloaded the Wiki.js and Postresql 14 containers via the apps page in Unraid and had everything working in minutes. I edited the config.yaml for Wiki.js and changed the db type to postgres and changed the host and password (port and user are defaults). This will not automatically create the wikijs database and will generate unspecified errors when trying to connect in the error log. Therefore, I just downloaded pgadmin, connected to the server with the same info as in the config file, and created a new wikijs database with the postgres user (default) as the owner. The connection succeeded in the error log and noted the database was empty and to complete setup. I navigated to the Wiki.js site and completed the setup. Search and all other functionality work fine. 

17 hours ago, adynamik1 said:

and changed the db type to postgres and changed the host and password (port and user are defaults).

Are you sure you're referring to the correct WikiJS container? The Linuxserver.io container does not ask for any Postgres host/urls.
You might be referring to the selfhosters one? Which does require the steps you mentioned above.

• 2 months later...

@adynamik1 Any details on your install? I would like to switch to postgres for the better search capabilities but the linuxserver.io container does not look to support it. I assume you used a different one? If so can you give details?

Edit - I think I found it. There is another wikijs in community apps labeled beta made by requarks and you can specify what type of DB you have (mysql, postgres, mariadb, mssql or sqlite). I went with postgreSQL since the wikijs developer has that as the preferred option moving forward and has mentioned that support for the others will go away sometime down the line. You will need a separate postgreSQL container. I grabbed the latest one that had a container out there which was version 14. 

Edited by Andrew_86
additional info

I'm suddenly having issues saving to my wikijs folder.  I have a backup folder that exists in the "data" folder, and also have the cache folder.  Everytime I try and create a new page and save I get errors like this:

`Error when running job render-page:

EACCES: permission denied, open '/data/cache/776566e72294330d8457fa0e8eb11c7ec747cf5e.bin'

or I get that error to the

/data/backup

Is it a permissions thing?  Any ideas on how I fix?  Thanks!

Edited by Vaslo
  • 2 months later...

I'm having an issue with the forgot password feature. When I use the forgot password link, I can enter my email and it does send an email with a link, but when I use the link I get a warning about potential security risk. I accept, and it sends me to the "Welcome to your swag instance" page

• 3 months later...

just submitted a PR to the default confs... leaving what worked for me hre anyways

## Version 2021/05/18
# make sure that your dns has a cname set for wikijs
# if wikijs is running in bridge mode and the container is named "wikijs", the below config should work as is
# if not, replace the line "set $upstream_app wikijs;" with "set $upstream_app <containername>;"
# or "set $upstream_app <HOSTIP>;" for host mode, HOSTIP being the IP address of wikijs
# in wikijs server settings, under network, fill in "Custom server access URLs" with your domain (ie. "https://wiki.yourdomain.url:443")

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name wiki.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        include /config/nginx/resolver.conf;
        set $upstream_app wikijs;
        set $upstream_port 3000;
        set $upstream_proto http;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

proxy_set_header Range $http_range;
        proxy_set_header If-Range $http_if_range;
    }
}

• 1 month later...

I must be doing something wrong... I installed the docker for wikijs from Linuxserver repo, but am not getting the web page to create a user. When opening webui, I only get an option to create a first page or select administration. Clicking either of those asks for a login which I don't have as I don't get that initial page to create the account. I have tried removing the docker and reinstalling but never get that initial page. Any ideas?

Edited by llwhite
  • 5 months later...

Just a note if anyone runs into the problem I just had. I'm using postgresql for my database and when I updated the wikijs docker yesterday it broke. I didn't make a full note of the error I was getting, but part of it was  ENOTFOUND undefined:undefined.

Following instructions I can't find anymore for setting it up originally, my db section of the config.yml read:

db:
  type: postgres

# PostgreSQL / MySQL / MariaDB / MS SQL Server only:
  host: Postgres12.5
  port: 5432
  user: root
  pass: root
  db: wikijs
  ssl: false

This was working for quite a while for me, but all of a sudden it didn't. I found that changing the host from the hostname of the postgres docker to the IP address fixed it for me.