[SOLVED] Replaced motherboard and cpu now can't boot unraid. Windows USB will boot.

ugnaught

I had an older AMD APU and motherboard setup and the motherboard just died out of the blue.  So I am unable to get a list of previous hard drive placement and do a fresh install.  But that almost doesn't matter because in my testing with a new CPU (Ryzen 5 3400G) and motherboard (ASROCK X570M PRO4) I am unable to boot into Unraid.

* I can't boot using older original unraid USB

* I have installed unraid fresh onto 2 different USB's to see if issue with original, can't boot those either

* I am able to boot into a Windows live USB, that tells me the motherboard and all hardware are fine from that perspective

* I updated motherboard BIOS, no change

* I've ran the "make bootable" bat a buncha times

* The BIOS sees all original hard drives from initial unraid install, everything seems in order

The BIOS sees the USB sticks with unraid installed and that it is bootable.  Although when I try and reboot it just tosses me back into the BIOS after a reboot.  I never see anything trying to post from unraid. 

Windows USB boots right up with no issues.

I'm at a loss. Are there any known issues with this setup and Unraid specifically?  I can't seem to find anything.

4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Enable CSM boot on the board or enable UEFI on the Unraid flash (by renaming the EFI- folder to EFI).

Renaming the folder did the trick for me. Thanks!

Unfortunately it would appear there is no way for me to manually enable CSM boot on my motherboard. Oh well, at least the EFI change did it!

• Like 2
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Replaced motherboard and cpu now can't boot unraid. Windows USB will boot.