Restoring dual pairity array after dead USB flash Drive

nos0n3

A few nights ago my server had started ruining slow and was getting bad bread errors on my sub flash drive and ended up with dead USB drive.

I started following the steps in this thread : (EDIT: linked correct thread.)

But in my situation I'm ruining dual parity and when trying to start the array with my correct parity drives and "parity is already valid" checked i get this warning

dual.JPG.1c386434da73f26d83d2e2bf014fbf5d.JPG

Does this mean all data disks MUST be assigned in the original slots before the array went down? or just that all data and all parity disks be assigned accordingly? would be just safer to rebuild parity?

also is there any way i am able to restore previous dockers and settings before my server went down? i believed i had closed to 100 GB of app data and other running services in my cache drive.

Edited by nos0n3
corrected link

I'm an idiot, this is the original thread i followed for the flash drive and parity rebuild.

11 hours ago, JorgeB said:

For parity2 to be valid all data disks must be on the original slots, parity1 remains valid if all data disks are present, regardless of order, also note that parity1 and 2 are not interchangeable.

OK then. no other choice but to start the rebuild of parity I suppose. Though Ive noticed the speed of the rebuild fluctuates between 500KB - 1.5MB is this normal? i  thought it would be faster, since at the beginning it said estimated finish to be ~16 hours (didn't pay attention to speed at the time)

6 hours ago, trurl said:

Your appdata will be fine but without the templates on Flash you'll have to setup all dockers again. 

Did you have a Flash backup? 

I don't think i do, i was hoping maybe I might have stored it on the server itself but I cant seem to find any evidence of it. I didnt have anything too complicated, so i think i should be fine.

17 minutes ago, trurl said:

Shutdown, check connections on disk1 and disk3

Even with parity rebuild running?

also this error had come up before once with two separate HDDs i replaced about month ago, which i had already replaced the cables to. will have to check the box and match serials to confirm. I have a feeling it might be the actual SATA ports on my MB or on the enclosure.

ok replaced sata cables and restarted rebuild. seems to be holding at ~160 MB

also how were you able to find which disks where the ones assigned to those ata slots? i think last time i had this error i spent a couple of hours trying to find where the ata matched with anything remote to a disk number/serial 

3 hours ago, nos0n3 said:

also how were you able to find which disks where the ones assigned to those ata slots

syslog

Sep 24 20:44:21 DLNQNT kernel: ata2.00: ATA-9: WDC WD100EMAZ-00WJTA0, JEGKNTAN, 83.H0A83, max UDMA/133
Sep 24 20:44:21 DLNQNT kernel: ata3.00: ATA-9: WDC WD100EMAZ-00WJTA0, 1EG8SH2Z, 83.H0A83, max UDMA/133

There were some reassignments and you can see all this in syslog, but that is the slots those serials ended up being assigned according to smart folder in diagnostics.