[Support] Linuxserver.io - digiKam

linuxserver_medium.png?v=4&s=4000

Application Name: digiKam
Application Site: https://www.digikam.org/
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/digikam/
Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-digikam

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, rather use the linuxserver.io forum for support.

Hi.

Thanks, was just about to install aptalca's version, but already has some containers from linuxserver.io (sharing the base image?).

Anyway, just a quick question/suggestion - is it possible to change the networking from "host" to "bridge"? what ports are needed for that?

Another suggestion is adding a dedicated "Pictures" folder mapping to the settings, so not to use the appdata folder (as the program suggests by default to use /config/Pictures).

BTW - is there a known reverse proxy configuration for SWAG to make it available over WAN?

Thanks 🙂

Edited by gshlomi
31 minutes ago, gshlomi said:

Hi.

Thanks, was just about to install aptalca's version, but already has some containers from linuxserver.io (sharing the base image?).

Anyway, just a quick question/suggestion - is it possible to change the networking from "host" to "bridge"? what ports are needed for that?

Another suggestion is adding a dedicated "Pictures" folder mapping to the settings, so not to use the appdata folder (as the program suggests by default to use /config/Pictures).

BTW - is there a known reverse proxy configuration for SWAG to make it available over WAN?

Thanks 🙂

I don't think aptalca have not made any containers in his private repo since he joined linuxserver a long time ago.

I don't know the app, but seeing it is a photo management software, I don't see a reason why it would need host networking. So bridge mapping port 3000 should be good.

As for folders, you can add your own mappings as you see fit. I like that approach better.

You will have to check the proxy conf repo or the proxy-conf folder of swag for a RP conf.

1 hour ago, saarg said:

I don't think aptalca have not made any containers in his private repo since he joined linuxserver a long time ago.

They're all from prior to his joining lsio, and since DigiKam had no direct replacement in another active repository, it stayed within Apps.  Now it's officially deprecated, (along with JDownloader2 - as there's other replacements for that one also)

It looks as if the RDP session is timing out if window is left open without any user interaction:

guacd[353]: ERROR: User is not responding.
guacd[353]: INFO: User "@5065b63a-ecc8-46de-bda6-9939f02548e0" disconnected (0 users remain)
guacd[353]: INFO: Last user of connection "$b5d0262b-19d1-40c5-86f6-b05a14205cec" disconnected
guacd[332]: INFO: Connection "$b5d0262b-19d1-40c5-86f6-b05a14205cec" removed.

Any way of removing this limitation?

No way to access the app again without restarting the container.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in the process of switching from aptalca/docker-digikam to linuxserver/digikam.  Is there an easy way to use an existing db from previous install?  Also, I've set the container to Privileged, but I can't access /media/user/Pictures within the Digikam UI.  Any suggestions? (I apologize for my ignorance.  I'm a relatively new linux/unraid user).  Thanks in advance!

Edited by barbarossa
  • 1 month later...

I've installed Digikam and have not yet been able to point it to use my my photo storage shares..  before getting fully stuck in to troubleshooting I wanted to see if many people are actually  using DigiKam docker on unraid, there doesn't seem to be much activity under this forum subject despite Digikam looking like a very well featured photos manager/editor etc..    any comments apreciated.

7 hours ago, Gazza said:

I've installed Digikam and have not yet been able to point it to use my my photo storage shares..  before getting fully stuck in to troubleshooting I wanted to see if many people are actually  using DigiKam docker on unraid, there doesn't seem to be much activity under this forum subject despite Digikam looking like a very well featured photos manager/editor etc..    any comments apreciated.

I never tried it, so how can you add photos in the container? If it's a path, then add your photo share as a new path to the container and use the container path you set in Digikam.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:22 PM, saarg said:

I never tried it, so how can you add photos in the container? If it's a path, then add your photo share as a new path to the container and use the container path you set in Digikam.

Great suggestion, I'll try that and report back.  On a side note, I've temporarilly gone back to managing/organising my photo libraries on local machines and backing up to unraid. With AC1700- Wifi I'm still finding browsing thumbnails too slow over the LAN especially via the Macbook.  I'm interested to discover if Digikam will improve the situation, hopefully at least bringing me up to the speed of managing photos via popular cloud based solutions.

The Problem with having a main library on the Macbook is that it only has a 250Gb hard drive and I can't easily administer/use the library from many devices..   I'll experiment with Seafile or Resillio - The amount of hours I've spent researching/testing to try find a good self hosted Photo Library management solution, has made me realise that I would have been better off paying the money for US Amazon Prime or Smugmug even though it means my stuff is less private!

Is there a way to connect through a Guacamole client to the digikam remote session? I have a Guacamole docker in the same subnet as the digikam docker, but I'm not able to connect to the digikam container, no matter what I try.I suppose the protocol is RDP so I tried to connect through this with abc/abc as credentials and also without credentials but with no success.

On 1/17/2021 at 5:11 PM, Jokerigno said:

HI all,

I've setup this docker and wanted to use it as my default solution.

I shared nextcloud folder to simply import photos but the in digikam the option to add images from a folder is greyed out.

Can some one please help me to understand how to change it?

TY in advance

This option is for already existing albums in digikam. You have to mount your photo folder in the docker container options.

e.g.:

grafik.thumb.png.b1b0efaa93c37a28926f131519b3de0d.png

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Squid said:

Actually, by default Digikam is set to run in host mode, in which case all port mappings are by definition ignored.  Not sure if this was set like that on purpose or not.  To get port mapping to work you have to edit the app and switch it to instead be bridge.

Nobody knows why the docs is set to host, as it doesn't need host. So it's safe to set it to bridge and port map 3000.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone get this working using mysql remote (MariaDB)?  I keep getting  "Failed to create tables in database"

I've tried using the suggested single database (selecting defaults fills the 4 databases with the name digikam) and I just tried naming them separately by using digikam_core, digikam_face etc...

The database connection test passes, and database tables are created, but then I get  the message.

image.png.f5315a5f8bed134c2b7302b56af0bace.png

My latest attempt did create tables in digikam_core the other ones blank (digikam_thumbs, digikam_face, and digikam_similar).  When I used the same db "digikam" for all 4 database the same 20 tables were created.

image.png.65afc87993bfe2d64f7c0eb090b921ec.png

Edited by Dmtalon
  • 2 months later...
On 8/7/2021 at 9:30 AM, Masterwishx said:

2. ther was no password asked (abc/abc) to me when app started

The option to set a password appears to be available via a secret which uses a file stored in clear text on disk.  Its better than nothing I guess aside from running an instance of Kubernetes.

Here's the documentation:

Environment variables from files (Docker secrets)

You can set any environment variable from a file by using a special prepend FILE__.

As an example:

-e FILE__PASSWORD=/run/secrets/mysecretpassword

Will set the environment variable PASSWORD based on the contents of the /run/secrets/mysecretpassword file.

• Like 1