I want to thank you guys....THANK YOU!

SPOautos

I have very little computer experience. Just basic things I use them for such as email, internet, Word, some software we use for our store like accounting and such. Yet, found myself in need of a server but it was unrealistic right now for us to be able to buy anything and pay someone to set it all up. I decided to try to put something together myself. At first I was just going to get a off the shelf NAS, but with research, I decided I could build something much more useful for the same money. I started reading and decided on Unraid. Here on the forum you guys helped me with some hardware questions....I've never built a computer before.

It took me some time to get all the parts, but I got them all in during August and got it all put together. Then during the 30 day Unraid trial which just ended yesterday....I was able to setup Unraid, configure everything, have Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, all running along with Plex. I have a Win10VM setup with hardware passed through, I have the Wireguard VPN setup and running, Nextcloud syncing to my phone with Reverse Proxy all setup and configured on my own custom domain.

Its amazing that someone with no computer knowledge can get this far! Before starting this journey I didnt even know what Unraid was or what a parity was.  I owe it to all of you who have helped me here on the forum as well as SpaceInvader for his amazing videos. I want to thank all of you and let you know that I greatly appreciate all of the help and support. You guys are great

Its a rock solid server and I'm grateful to have it, we needed it badly.

Thank You!

Stephen

Edited by SPOautos
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Thanks for this gratitude post. It’s refreshing as a fellow UNRAID user. Welcome to the community!

You should check out the Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD) next! DM me if you have questions or need help.

I'm looking in apps but I dont see "Ultimate Unraid Dashboard" that and "UUD" both brought up "Grafana Unraid Stack" by testdasi.....is that the app you are speaking of?

21 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

I'm looking in apps but I dont see "Ultimate Unraid Dashboard" that and "UUD" both brought up "Grafana Unraid Stack" by testdasi.....is that the app you are speaking of?

You need the Grafana UnRAID Stack (or the three containers separately - Grafana, InfluxDB and Telegraf - but I would just go with the stack. 

UUD is a downloadable JSON which you can import into GUS for the dashboard.

Download UUD JSON here import into GUS and follow the setup/dependencies instructions in that linked UUD post.

Edited by Hoopster
2 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

You need the Grafana UnRAID Stack (or the three container separately - Grafana, InfluxDB and Telegraf - but I would just go with the stack. 

UUD is a downloadable JSON which you can import into GUS for the dashboard.

No idea what this part is saying "JSON which you can import into GUS for the dashboard."   LOL

What is JSON and GUS?   When you say its downloadable and can be imported.....do you mean something different than installing it through the App section in Unraid?