Docker Container Images Fail to Download

Wildeo

Running Unraid 6.8.3 on an HP MicroServe 8 with basic plugins (CA, FCP, etc) and a small suite of the usual suspects to run it as a media server (Plex/Sabnzb/Radarr and Sonarr all binhex releases) networked via LAN through a TP link switch to a TP-Deco AP and then to Modem for Internet.

Every time I try to pull any docker container, from any publisher, at least one part of the image will repeatedly time out until I get a fail error

"Error: local error: tls: bad record MAC"

Sometimes if I just re-run the add container command several times it will eventually complete, but there doesn't appear to be a consistent reason why. Unraid UI is reachable local and remote and pre-issue-installed docker containers appear to have full network access and run as intended.

I first noticed the issue when trying to update Plex. The update images failed to pull, so assuming a corrupt container I purged it, assuming I could reinstall and rebuild the library. Now that container, and any other I try, fails to download fully except for one or two that succeeded on the 5th or 6th attempt as mentioned above.

Nothing obvious gets flagged in the log, and I'll admit I don't really understand the diagnostic enough to notice anything really wrong. I've run all new cables and tried connecting the server directly to the modem rather than through switch. Starting to suspect dying network card. Before I get to that, I was hoping someone here might see something obvious that I don't?

Thanks in advance!

winston-diagnostics-20200928-1335.zip

Edited by Wildeo
spelling

...there is a problem with German brand AVM routers and build-in hardware-acceleration on their switch, that apparently causes issues when pulling images from docker-hub (https://github.com/docker/for-win/issues/6192#issuecomment-667663545).

This bug is 100% reproducible when pulling via a windows host (docker-gui) but I can confirm that on unraid, the behaviour is the same as you describe.

It is a very far call in your case, but I see the similarities here

A recent firmware update to my Deco's pretty much trashed everything that they do.  The tip off for me was that my internet speed dropped down to 10% of what I was normally seeing.  My solution was to switch the Decos to instead be in AP mode (default is Router) and everything fixed itself.  

(And if you even do a cursory glance at the TP Link forums, you will very quickly find out that the Deco firmware in router mode is completely bug ridden, and every fix of theirs merely serves to introduce more)